Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top three picks...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I think we need 2 LB's and hopefully we invest premium picks into that position. Guys I like are CJ Mosley, Alec Ogletree, Kevin Minter, Jonathan Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, Nico Johnson, Khaseem Greene and Gerald Hodges.

landry jones would be a pretty good fit for this team but only with at least a new head coach that wont ruin him like failey would !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    landry jones would be a pretty good fit for this team but only with at least a new head coach that wont ruin him like failey would !
    where do you see Landry going off the board? 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    I think we need 2 LB's and hopefully we invest premium picks into that position. Guys I like are CJ Mosley, Alec Ogletree, Kevin Minter, Jonathan Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, Nico Johnson, Khaseem Greene and Gerald Hodges.
    You see the draft deep a LB....do you then feel we try to get a wide receiver through FA?

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    You see the draft deep a LB....do you then feel we try to get a wide receiver through FA?
    Like most people I feel as though QB, WR and LB are our major needs. Of our three major needs WR is the least of our worries. We've had the worst LB play in the NFL since Takeo blew out his Achilles and London skipped town. Barnett and Sheppard have extremely disappointing and we lack serious depth there. It's about time we invest high into a couple of LB's.

I can't see us being players in the FA market this year. We need to focus on re-signibg our own guys this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    Like most people I feel as though QB, WR and LB are our major needs. Of our three major needs WR is the least of our worries. We've had the worst LB play in the NFL since Takeo blew out his Achilles and London skipped town. Barnett and Sheppard have extremely disappointing and we lack serious depth there. It's about time we invest high into a couple of LB's.

I can't see us being players in the FA market this year. We need to focus on re-signibg our own guys this offseason.
    It might be a great idea to draft a pair of linebackers high...that is the single weakest position on this team.

Every year a stud player falls of the board due to some sort of issue, why do we never take a chance on these players?

Janoris Jenkins
    Vontaze Burfict
    Daquan Bowers
    etc.
    etc.

Everyone knows these guys are top talents when they enter the draft and it happens every year. We miss on half our late round picks anyways why not roll the dice on some guys like this?

Give me Glennon as our qb. We will probably be picking around the late teens and hopefully he's there when we pick. Move back up and take Ogletree

Quote Originally Posted by lildrewbillsfan View Post
    Give me Glennon as our qb. We will probably be picking around the late teens and hopefully he's there when we pick. Move back up and take Ogletree
    What are some things you like about Glennon? Would he be a good fit for the Bills system?

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    I could possibly see a scenario where we trade up for Manti in the first if Nix believes he is a legit playmaker. If that is the case, you are looking at a first this year and next year. We either address WR or QB in round two which I think you will probably see a QB depending on value. This is a raw guy that will hold a clipboard the first year, maybe Aaron Murray or Tyler Wilson if he drops.
    We may have to go up and get Wilson or Murray at the end of the 1st. If we did that, we better be **** sure they are the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by lildrewbillsfan View Post
    Right now, I have it the other way. A lot can change by April, I know. But I think Ogletree goes before Glennon right now
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

Manti and tyler wilson with there frist 2 pick and bowe fa resign bryd and i'm HAPPY..

I'm thinking.....
    1- Keenan Allen-WR-Cal-playmaker that Buddy has been referring to...big time frame...reminds me a bit of AJ Green, tall and lanky
    2- Mike Glennon-QB-NC.St.- here is the franchise QB that Buddy has been referring to....big dude, big time arm
    3- Arthur Brown-LB-Kansas St.- obvious reasons
    Brighter days ahead
    New Era Begins- 9/8/13
    RIP Ralph
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill-Ron Brooks

1- Jake Matthews
    2- Troy Niklas
    3- Jackson Jeffcoat
    4- Shayne Skov
    5- Kelcy Quarles
    6- TRADE
    7- John Urschel

We are loud and proud.
    We are loyal and compassionate.
    We fight each other in good times and hug each other when times are tough.
    We donít care what the rest of the world thinks of us.
    We will never shut up, give up, or let up.
    We will persevere.
    We ARE True Grit.
    #BillsMafia

Quote Originally Posted by BigBillsFan View Post
    I'm thinking.....
    1- Keenan Allen-WR-Cal-playmaker that Buddy has been referring to...big time frame...reminds me a bit of AJ Green, tall and lanky
    2- Mike Glennon-QB-NC.St.- here is the franchise QB that Buddy has been referring to....big dude, big time arm
    To many good wideouts to draft one in the top 20.when you need othier playmakers. like Glennon tho but like t wilson better.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBillsFan View Post
    I'm thinking.....
    I like the sounds of this...big playmaking wide out and a guy with the physical tools to groom behind Fitz - is Glennon a good decision maker?

Depending on the round you're picking a QB, I like Geno Smith, (I know a lot of mocks project him going before Buffalo could have a shot at him, but that's not a universal opinion) Tyler Smith, Zac Dysert, and E J Manuel.

At linebacker I like Teo, of course. I don't think Jarvis Jones will drop to the Bills. I like Chase Thomas as a SAM backer and Gerald Hodges or Sean Porter as WIL backers.

At WR, I have to admit I don't really know much about the prospects, but based on reported measurables and college production, I'd be interested in Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, DeAndre Hopkins, and Cordarelle Patterson.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Depending on the round you're picking a QB, I like Geno Smith, (I know a lot of mocks project him going before Buffalo could have a shot at him, but that's not a universal opinion) Tyler Smith, Zac Dysert, and E J Manuel.

At linebacker I like Teo, of course. I don't think Jarvis Jones will drop to the Bills. I like Chase Thomas as a SAM backer and Gerald Hodges or Sean Porter as WIL backers.

At WR, I have to admit I don't really know much about the prospects, but based on reported measurables and college production, I'd be interested in Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, DeAndre Hopkins, and Cordarelle Patterson.
    It seems we have a number of possibilities. From what I've seen and heard, Geno Smith faded a bit after his almost impossibly brilliant start....would it be possible he could fall to us/any chance Nix moves up to grab him?

There appears to be almost universal consensus (amazingly) on the board that the top 3 Bills offseason needs are LB, QB, and WR (not necessarily in that order). Assuming we draft these positions in the top 3 rounds, who do you guys like coming out of college that you feel would be a good fit for this team. I keep an eye on the college game, but do not follow it as avidly as some of you. So, I defer to your expertise. Also, if you feel we have another need or a BPA situation arises, is there a guy you feel we shouldn't pass on?
    Add CB to that list. McKelvin isn't resigned yet and even if he is, we could use another top notch CB and maybe move Williams inside.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

It seems we have a number of possibilities. From what I've seen and heard, Geno Smith faded a bit after his almost impossibly brilliant start....would it be possible he could fall to us/any chance Nix moves up to grab him?
    After watching Buddy operate last offseason, I think it's a possibility, but it still depends on the price. Buddy won't throw away 3 or more picks to move up for anyone. I think he was going to grab a QB last year, but waited too long. After making a public statement about getting a franchise QB, he's committed himself publicly this time around. I see no reason why he would do that so early, so I must assume that he is serious.

It might be a great idea to draft a pair of linebackers high...that is the single weakest position on this team.
    Maybe get a FA LB instead of drafting 2. We have other needs. Well, I guess it also depends on how the draft falls too. You never know who will be there when it's your turn to pick.