Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knowing what we know right now..would you rather be 5-11 or 9-7?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    They're already eliminated from the playoffs in my mind. But the correct answer is 9-7. You can't keep on having losing seasons and expect to get better. Another losing season will have as bad of an effect on the team as a high draft pick would have a good effect. Attitude is huge.

4-12, 6-10, 9-7...that's what you need to do. That will usher in more progress. Not 4-12, 6-10, 5-11.

Progress can come in many ways. Sometimes it's slow and herky-jerky. Other times a slow, consistent rise. One thing you can't do, though, is figure that if we only win five games we'll be lousy next year. It would be possible, but isn't necessarily true.

Quote Originally Posted by kevmcdin2003 View Post
    Anybody who answers 5-11 is a pathetic fan. You are hoping against a possible playoff chance. Something you complain about not happening every year, they have a chance (i know it is slim) with winning out. And you are hoping against that. There is only one correct answer to this, 9-7. GO BILLS

I don't care about the playoffs. I care about the Super Bowl. Joining the playoffs as a fodder team that really has no realistic shot at a championship has no interest for me.

Last year the fodder teams were Houston (after Schaub's injury), Detroit, Cincy and Denver. The rest of the teams had a shot, but those teams didn't. This year, if the Bills make the playoffs, they won't have a legitimate shot. They're simply not good enough.

Next year, though, could be another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    I don't care about the playoffs. I care about the Super Bowl. Joining the playoffs as a fodder team that really has no realistic shot at a championship has no interest for me.

Last year the fodder teams were Houston (after Schaub's injury), Detroit, Cincy and Denver. The rest of the teams had a shot, but those teams didn't. This year, if the Bills make the playoffs, they won't have a legitimate shot. They're simply not good enough.

thats the dumbest thing i have ever read on these boards. With all the drivel that comes out of the mouths of trolls, you should be impressed with yourself.

You know the Broncos and Texans won playoff games last year right? Youre telling me a playoff win/appearance means nothing to you? Please stop being a fan of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    They're already eliminated from the playoffs in my mind. But the correct answer is 9-7. You can't keep on having losing seasons and expect to get better. Another losing season will have as bad of an effect on the team as a high draft pick would have a good effect. Attitude is huge.

4-12, 6-10, 9-7...that's what you need to do. That will usher in more progress. Not 4-12, 6-10, 5-11.
    This is the correct post in my eyes.

9-7 is what I would want to see, and I would root for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

9 -7 with or without there still being a shot at the playoffs. My take is that the Bills are moving in a positive direction so I'll take getting over .500 vs. a better draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post

Playoff fodder is the first step of a playoff run. A list of teams that recently have been playoff fodder and are now either contenders or have a SB:

Giants - Have not won a playoff game in a year they havnt won a superbowl
    49ers - Came in unexpectedly, was considered fodder. Got a win, and this year is a strong contender
    Houston - Got in in spite of their QB issues, largely considered fodder, now a strong contender
    Denver - Same as above.
    Cincy - Got in last year, looking to make another appearence. Decent odds of that happening.

The thing about this league, is generally you need a sniff of the playoffs before you make a run. Even a one and done appearence is good to attract FAs, as is a close miss.

To answer the OP, 9-7. I root for my team to win every single game. Most people saying 5-11 just don't want to be proven wrong about saying the team sucks. They love to spout off that record is the be all end all. A 9-7 record then should prove that they are wrong. No arguments about it. Either way they draft a QB, though maybe a trade up occurs in the 9-7 depending on where the QBs shake out this year. As it looks now, a few are plummeting down the board. We should have our pick of a few pretty good QBs in either of the first two rounds.

9-7 finish on a good note and reflect on what you need to do to get the playoffs. I like to see Buddy's baby smile and giggle a little!!

I think we will be lucky to finish 8-8....that being said, it is an improvement from last season's 6-10 debacle....Im willing to give this coaching staff one more chance - even Wannstache. The Defense has clearly been the strength of this team down the stretch, and it looks as if the players are understanding their assignments, and not missing as many gaps, etc.

We will draft or sign a FA WR, probably in rounds 1/2.......QB in round 1/2 also depending on where we pick. I see buddy reaching this year for a qb, hopefully he makes a good decision.

If 9-7 means no playoffs, then I can care less if we win a game

loser mentality? lol... yah yah yah
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

9-7 is the correct answer.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2011/2012/2013: Stevie Johnson

9-7, no question.

To get to the playoffs regularly - as in more than once every 15 years - you have to get rid of the losing culture.

And that starts with winning games. No matter the circumstances, I'll take a win over a loss each and every time.

I want 9-7.

At least the team can finish the season on the rise. Maybe that will give them and the coaching staff the confidence going into next year.

I think we're picking a QB if we finish 5-11 or 9-7 or anywhere in between.

5-11 better pick

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Lee View Post
    9-7, no question.

To get to the playoffs regularly - as in more than once every 15 years - you have to get rid of the losing culture.

And that starts with winning games. No matter the circumstances, I'll take a win over a loss each and every time.
    Nice post....

Most years in the past I have wanted to see 5-11 and the better pick but this year I really hope the team finishes 9-7 and justifies the past three years. This team is probably the best put together team in the past 10-15 years. I am really excited for next year after another good draft. Nix has shown the ability to get at least 2 out of the top three picks performing well the past three years and I am excited for two more solid players.

I would rather be 19-0 to be honest.

Obviously, thats not the point of this thread but the fact of the matter is, I always want more wins regardless.

especially witht he rookie wage scale. You can trade up in the draft if there is a player a team really likes.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Most years in the past I have wanted to see 5-11 and the better pick but this year I really hope the team finishes 9-7 and justifies the past three years. This team is probably the best put together team in the past 10-15 years. I am really excited for next year after another good draft. Nix has shown the ability to get at least 2 out of the top three picks performing well the past three years and I am excited for two more solid players.
    I agree. 8-8, at a minimum says this regime is at least better than the last one.

I would draft a QB and LB in the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by williampjohn View Post
    9 -7 with or without there still being a shot at the playoffs. My take is that the Bills are moving in a positive direction so I'll take getting over .500 vs. a better draft position.
    yup, beating the Jags gives up a big lift spirit-wise

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    yup, beating the Jags gives up a big lift spirit-wise
    It does.

!!**Official Mocky Draft of da 2014 Buffalo Bills Season**!!

1st - Most Bestestest OT
    2nd - Da Bestest WR
    3rd - Most Titillating TE
    4th - Best RB
    5th - Trade for Tank Carder
    6th - Most Faves CB
    7th - Sexiest Punter

What kind of question is this?

Would your rather make $20,000 or $50,000?

Would you dead or alive?

There is only one answer. If you would rather be 5-11 than 9-7 you need to get your head examined.