Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the greatest team of all time?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by STG44Tiger View Post
    Stabler, the man who would drink all night, come back the next day, and then play a game of football

Montana is one of the best ever, two totally different tiers really
    Hahaha! You're so right. My father-in-law use to work for the Oakland Raiders back in the 70's, when he come here from Portugal. He told me stories of how some of the Raiders wouldn't leave the stadium until monday morning. Big parties. Tailgating would start late Saturday night out on WHY 880. Haha!
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Pat's 16-0 season. Honestly they destroyed most/all the teams the played. They had a tough game against the Ravens, and I believe one other, but otherwise they set the NFL record for points scored, amongst other things.

So they lost the Superbowl, with Brady playing on a broken foot, and what not, they were still unreal
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    Agreed.

They just mauled their opponents. Most intimidating team I have ever witnessed.

one trick pony

then they handed the team to Flutie and he failed miserably

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    They didn't meet a playoff team until the playoffs, with Griese out for more than half it just didn't seem like a great season.

And it is just not a priority of the NFL to go undefeated, why bother, as HFA is the only thing they care about.

and a few teams have deliberately butchered being undefeated late in the season because it is so useless a thing to get stress over

and bear in mind the Pats in their 16-0 year won at the #1 seed in the NFC and #2 seed in the AFC and beat 3 other playoff teams to get there, including the eventual SB champs.
    That was probably the biggest and worst thing the Patriots did. Showing everything they had to sneak out of Jersey 16-0. I'd rather have a Super Bowl title over being 18-1 and being remembered as the biggest choke in NFL history.

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBuff View Post
    For my money, the greatest team I saw was the 89 49ers.

They went 14-2, were a REPEAT Champion and outscored their opposition 126-26 in the post season.

Truly dominating in every aspect of the game.

And our beloved Buffalo Bills of 1990 will go down as the greatest team not to win the SB. I don't know if I like that honor.
    I'm pretty sure the undefeated Patriots have that locked up.

Late 90s early 00s new york Yankees

85 bears, super bowl 9ers, 90s Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    one trick pony

then they handed the team to Flutie and he failed miserably
    The Bears were far from a one trick pony. Things happened after that SB year. Players, as well as their HC (Ditka) started caring more about endorsements than actual football and then throw the McCaskey's in there and a dynasty that should have been was ruined.

The Bears were far from a one trick pony. Things happened after that SB year. Players, as well as their HC (Ditka) started caring more about endorsements than actual football and then throw the McCaskey's in there and a dynasty that should have been was ruined.
    People also forget, they lost to the Niners, in SF, in the NFC Championship game the prior year.
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

1971 Dallas Cowboys.

OK I'll go back farther than anyone to the 50's and early 60's Cleveland Browns - they were scary awesome.
    Something tells me we're on to something good!

Biils fan since 1960 - forever Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerbillz View Post
    I'm pretty sure the undefeated Patriots have that locked up.
    Not even in the top 10!

Quote Originally Posted by vegasloveforthebills View Post
    People also forget, they lost to the Niners, in SF, in the NFC Championship game the prior year.
    Yeah, the 49ers won 23-0. My Grandfather, and his buddy were there. I remember watching that game at my Uncle's house. It was a rainy, ugly day. The following year, the Bears come back into San Francisco and thrashed the 49ers. It was uglier than the scoreboard showed.

True. The 1986 Bears were 14-2, 1987 team 11-4, 1988 team 12-4, they had some good teams. The 88 Bears team hosted the NFC title game. San Francisco beat them. The Bears just couldn't get back to the Super Bowl.

Great choice....they were the only team in NFL history to finish the regular season with the leagues best offense and the leagues best defense.

IMO, the 93 Cowboys were the greatest and most complete team of all time and rank the 89 49ers as a close second.

The rest as follows (per era and not specifically the exact year):

#3: the 70's Steelers
    #4: the 85 Bears (dominant defense and a complete offense of that era including argueably the best RB of all time)
    #5: the 94 49ers (the best Free Agency team collectively)
    #6: the 97 Packers (as well-rounded as any team in any era, including special teams)
    #7: the 95 Cowboys
    #8: the 98/99 Broncos (take your pick)
    #9: the 90 Buffalo Bills (one good Defensive Coordinator short of eliteness....had the roster but poorly coached)
    #10: the 2000 Ravens or the 2002 Bucs (simply because of defensive schemes opposing teams could not overcome in their era, similiar to the 85 Bears "46 defense")
    2014 Mock Draft "Wish-list":

Rnd#1: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
    Rnd#2: Marqise Lee, WR, USC
    Rnd#3: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
    Rnd#4: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
    Rnd#5: Brandon Linder, LG/RT, Miami
    Rnd#7a-b: Best available

Sign Free Agents:

- RT, Eric Winston, Houston
    - LG, Davin Joseph, Tampa

Contract extensions to Spiller and McKelvin/ trade or release Stevie and hire a legit OC

Regarding the 2000 Ravens:

What was amazing about that defense is that they did not finish the regular season as the leagues best defense....that was the Titans, under Gregg Williams, who I'm fairly certain had statistically the best defense of all time that same season.

The Ravens only held the title of least points allowed.

Sign Free Agents:

Contract extensions to Spiller and McKelvin/ trade or release Stevie and hire a legit OC

Quote Originally Posted by SWBillzbacker View Post
    Regarding the 2000 Ravens:

What was amazing about that defense is that they did not finish the regular season as the leagues best defense....that was the Titans, under Gregg Williams, who I'm fairly certain had statistically the best defense of all time that same season.

The Ravens only held the title of least points allowed.
    Yeah, man, the 2000 Titans go unnoticed a lot. They were a very good football team. They lost 3 games by a total of 7 points. One of them losses was to the Bills. Haha!

They weren't far behind the Ravens in pts per game....

Ravens 10.31
    Titans 11.94

But the Titans had all the rest of the stats in yards, etc.etc.

Sign Free Agents:

Whats even more ironic is how fans view teams....as example the 85 Bears.

To me, they were DOMINANT. True, but most don't realize the 86 Bears team was statistically better, especially in defense and in the modern era ranked second all time defensively in the points per game in 86 and in 85 were only 6th in any given 16-game schedule.

Only giving up 11.69 points a game....

Sign Free Agents:

1990 bills. The reason i started watching football.