Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: Vick most likey to buffalo next year

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Well you must be a Fitzpatrick fan then.
    Now you know better than that.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

The Bills wanted Vick. I dont know if its still the case, that was before Nix was GM. Also Jim Kelly is strongly agaisnt signing Vick, but what power does Jim Kelly have.

Whatever your feelings are towards Vick, he makes us a playoff contender in 2013, simple as that really.
    ......in 12 months Jim could be a 1% owner.....Vick's athletic days are behind him.....he literally fumbled 5 times this year without being hit....even though we'd offer a better o-line than Philly, I think he's still done.....
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Not my first choice but certainly better than what we have if he can stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Vick is as good at reading defenses as VY was. I don't imagine he's fair much better in Gailey's offense.
    You must be kidding. The guy is good and he wins. I personally would never go for it unless you really trust your backup because he will get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    ......in 12 months Jim could be a 1% owner.....Vick's athletic days are behind him.....he literally fumbled 5 times this year without being hit....even though we'd offer a better o-line than Philly, I think he's still done.....
    Vick is still 18-15 in Philly and he made the playoffs there. He can still throw the football and he is still one of the best runners at QB. All Im talking about with Vick is replacing our stop gap in Fitzpatrick, not being our future.

I'd take Fitz, sorry!!

Vick is not good, in fact he's way overrated. He had a couple good games as an eagle and everyone thought he was some amazing qb, he isn't.

Whatever your feelings are towards Vick, he makes us a playoff contender in 2013, simple as that really.
    I will disagree with that all day, and I hate that Fitzpatrick is the QB. Vick is not good and he is not consistent. Even before Vick was signed by the Eagles i said he would be good for 1 year and then get figured out like the Bucs showed the world when he was a Falcon.

Vick is not the answer and I question whether I would even watch the team in 2013 if he was the QB.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

Vick is still 18-15 in Philly and he made the playoffs there. He can still throw the football and he is still one of the best runners at QB. All Im talking about with Vick is replacing our stop gap in Fitzpatrick, not being our future.
    ....Listen, if I had a gun to my head and I had to choose between Fitz & Vick I'd pick Vick....at least he can get a ball to TJ deep.....but like you said, this would probably be only a 1 yr TO type deal and the qb we definitely WILL draft this April will be our future....whether Glennon, Barkley , Jones etc....
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by peezy0366 View Post
    as per jason cole on yahoo!!! great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How is this great news? Dude is a turnover machine who's taken more than the average amount of physical abuse over his career. His best days are long gone. If this keeps us from drafting a QB in the top two rounds it's a big time loss for the Bills.

But 9-12 the last 2 years.

People on here, in a different thread were bashing Rivers for his dropoff the past 2 years, Vick's is worse. The beating he took early in his career, and the time off he had, have really hurt his overall game in my opinion.

Just draft a young guy, and move on in my opinion.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Quote Originally Posted by whotom View Post
    The three sources: Bleacher Report, BBMB, and The Onion.
    hey, what's wrong with the onion?? nothing but the gospel truth!

International fashion/travel photographer and Bills extraordinaire - well, at least one of that is true!
    My Facebook

Formerly Rhythm N' Blue

Official Meatball Handler: Kyle Williams Facebook Fan Page

I'm shocked it wasn't Incarcerated Bob who broke the story.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

I think we're all missing the point. We're not going to sell tickets with Fitz. Vick will sell tickets. Our O-line is a lot better than Philly's (did I just say that?). An upright Vick can score a lot with CJ, Chandler and Freddie. We can sign Vick for fairly cheap, sell tickets and draft a second round QB. Excitement in the present while we build for the future
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    Th buffalo bills: where careers go to die
    i think that would be Philadelphia

great! we'll make him our 3rd string RB

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    I think we're all missing the point. We're not going to sell tickets with Fitz. Vick will sell tickets. Our O-line is a lot better than Philly's (did I just say that?). An upright Vick can score a lot with CJ, Chandler and Freddie. We can sign Vick for fairly cheap, sell tickets and draft a second round QB. Excitement in the present while we build for the future
    An o-line doesnt matter with Vick because he abandons the pocket so much. Hence the high volume of sacks he takes every single year.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

I can see it now: a bunch of the "idiot" Bills fans show up at the Buffalo airport awaiting Vick's arrival, Vick gets off the plane, fans are going crazy, Vick goes to get his baggage...and breaks his leg and is put on I-R.

Not only does he suck but he's a piece of **** who shouldn't have a job anymore. And for those who say he did his time, if a normal joe like you and I got caught doing this... We would do jail time and lose our job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    An o-line doesnt matter with Vick because he abandons the pocket so much. Hence the high volume of sacks he takes every single year.
    I see it differently. The Eagles tried to make him a pocket passer which he isn't. By having him abandon the run teams could crush the pocket without having to worry about an 80 yard scramble. His freewheeling was his strength. His scrambling put most defenses at a disadvantage because they really couldn't effectively commit to the run or pass. The last two years, the Eagles have tried to make him stay in the pocket thereby negating his best advantage. If Chan took the gloves off and let him freewheel it could reinvigorate his scoring ability.
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

please god no