Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vick? now possibility of rivers?

Default vick? now possibility of rivers?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

wow this is gonna be wild....the nix connection with both players we could have a shot at one..rivers and or vick...dont see vick being able to comeback.

fitz should have been given some feild leadership earlier on we will never know if the dude could call some better audibles...
    oh and the name isnt spam thats me period.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdoomsyndicate View Post
    wow this is gonna be wild....the nix connection with both players we could have a shot at one..rivers and or vick...dont see vick being able to comeback.

fitz should have been given some feild leadership earlier on we will never know if the dude could call some better audibles...
    the way this board talks about QBs, its so obvious that you guys want a name more than you want a solid QB.

wahhhh wahhh wahh vick. wahhh wahhh wahhh rivers, wahhhawa wahhh mcnabb, wahhaa wahhhaaa quinn, clausen, gabbert, mallett, leinhart,

if anyone has watched either QB this season, they would emphatically say thanks but no thanks

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Quote Originally Posted by scottdoomsyndicate View Post

It amazes me that this city which seen garbage play from the QB position for the past 8 years have such a strong negative postion on Mike Vick. No Qb could survive an O-line that has our garbage(D.BELL) starting on the left side . The hits this man has been taking is beyond ridiculas. Rob Johnson should have been screeming to the coaches how bad Bell was.Philly O-line should be paying money back to their QB. Thank goodness that our O-line is miles ahead of Phillys O-line. VICK will be our easiest and best option since we missed out on our francise QB two years in a row. Take Vick and we give our Defense a boost. This is no longer kelsay,george wilson or fred jackson's team.That ship has sailed ...it is now Mario Williams team who happens to respect the fear that Vick presents to Defenses in this offense. Vick has what we need accuracy, strong arm and mobility . This will open up the whole field something fitz with his inaccurate weak arm can't do on his best day. it opens up the running game more due to the respect the defense has of Vick running with the ball.It free up a roster spot, wildcat person will no longer be needed. To my dog lovers that will never let this die, he went to jail already...... let it go. Washinton, Colts , Denver are showing you How the defense gets inspired when you have faith in the QB. The defense doesn't have faith in fitz because they know what he can & can't do. Lets claim Vick & Rolando Mclain to improve our team. Then we can focus on the best player available in the draft. I am tired of this town losing.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    if anyone has watched either QB this season, they would emphatically say thanks but no thanks
    Haven't seen Rivers play this season, fanc. I'd appreciate your always accurate assessment of what happened to him this season. Thx.

P.S. Just say no to Vick. He's done.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Da'Norris Searcy

Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Nix isnt stupid, vick , really? Hes terrible. This is just another way that reporters
    dis on buffalo by insinuating buffalo is a trash heap where old bad players end up.
    Oh and ive seen rivers play this year, hes a headcase. Thanks, but no thanks,
    this organization doesnt need any more dysfunction. They should draft a qb and stick with fitz,
    as much as im not a fitz fan he is still equal or better than aforementioned fails.

Nix stated that they would be looking for their QB for the FUTURE in the draft. He never said they were through with Fitz just yet. He said he was serviceable. Doesn't sound to me like they are going to bring in anyone else at this point. I think you may be seeing Fitz, Jackson, and a rooke next year. They usually hint around when they're not that happy with a guy. They don't trash him but you get the feeling they just don't feel he fits into the team plans. Don't see that with Fitz. For that reason I'm thinking you won't see any vets signed as a replacement for Fitz.
    As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.
    - Pythagoras.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post

P.S. Just say no to Vick. He's done.
    did he really even start. he's never been consistent at this level.

You guys are crazy if you would say no to Philip Rivers. TERRIBLE o-line play, lack of playmakers save Antonio Gates, added with the fact that offense continually tries to play catch-up...with a tad of inconsistency from Philip himself.

Rivers would look awesome in a Bills uniform.
    That's a clown question, bro.

So now it's time to bring in a bunch of older struggling QB's to replace Fitzy? No, thanks, but that would be like buying used tires to replace the tires on your car.
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

I'd give up a lot to get Rivers.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Why does anybody want vick? The guy simply cant stay healthy. Statistically he is no better then Fitz, if not worse.

Career Stats:

CMP%:
    Fitz: 60
    Vick: 56

RAT:
    Fitz: 77
    Vick: 81

AVG:
    Fitz: 6
    Vick: 7

INT:

FUM:
    Fitz: 36
    Vick: 85 (holy sh*t)

CMP/ATT:

Fitz: 1260/2117
    Vick: 1607/2854

TD:
    Fitz: 88
    Vick: 122

Seriously, Vick is NOT more accurate then Fitz as shown by his career completion % being LOWER then fitz. He throws MORE interceptions and fumbles the ball WAY WAY WAY more. Say no to Vick. Though his name is bigger, he simply isnt an upgrade. You people ***** about INTs and Fumbles now......I dont even want to think about how youd react to Vick here. As for Rivers, unless he is a FA I don't want him. Yes he does throw the ball a bit more accuratly then Fitz, (64% vs 60%) He also throws more INTs, (93 vs 77) I don't know whats with people around here and just screaming for names. Yes they have made probowls in the past, but they really aren't THAT much of an upgrade. Id rather go with the young rookie.
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Why does anybody want vick? The guy simply cant stay healthy. Statistically he is no better then Fitz, if not worse.

Career Stats:

CMP%:
    Fitz: 60
    Vick: 56

RAT:

AVG:
    Fitz: 6
    Vick: 7

INT:

FUM:
    Fitz: 36
    Vick: 85 (holy sh*t)

CMP/ATT:

Fitz: 1260/2117
    Vick: 1607/2854

TD:
    Fitz: 88
    Vick: 122

Seriously, Vick is NOT more accurate then Fitz as shown by his career completion % being LOWER then fitz. He throws MORE interceptions and fumbles the ball WAY WAY WAY more. Say no to Vick. Though his name is bigger, he simply isnt an upgrade. You people ***** about INTs and Fumbles now......I dont even want to think about how youd react to Vick here. As for Rivers, unless he is a FA I don't want him. Yes he does throw the ball a bit more accuratly then Fitz, (64% vs 60%) He also throws more INTs, (93 vs 77) I don't know whats with people around here and just screaming for names. Yes they have made probowls in the past, but they really aren't THAT much of an upgrade. Id rather go with the young rookie.
    Holy **** Fitz has almost the same amount of picks on 700 less attempts.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Quote Originally Posted by skudz View Post
    Holy **** Fitz has almost the same amount of picks on 700 less attempts.
    Yeah, and Vick has 3x the amount of fumbles. My god you are a pro at missing the point.

Also note that the rate at which they throw INTs is almost identical. Even with the difference:

Fitz: 37% of his throws are INTs
    Vick: 35% of his throws are INTs
    Adopt A Bill 2012 & 2013: Jairus Byrd

They both share one very notable thing in common...................................they manage to take talented football teams and turn them into underachievers. You can add Tony Romo to that list as well.

Philadelphia, San Diego and Dallas would all very likely have better records if Fitz were the quarterback.

You can keep all three!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Yeah, and Vick has 3x the amount of fumbles. My god you are a pro at missing the point.

Also note that the rate at which they throw INTs is almost identical. Even with the difference:

Fitz: 37% of his throws are INTs
    Vick: 35% of his throws are INTs
    Anyone with half of a brain can make stats look like anything they want..

I can do it too.

Vick vs. Fitz

Total TDs
    Vick - 156
    Fitz - 94

TDs per start
    Vick ~1.54
    Fitz ~ 1.47

comp% last 4 years(Phi and Buf years)
    Vick - 60.2
    Fitz - 59.8

Total Yards
    Vick ~25,600
    Fitz ~14,600

Total yards per start
    Vick ~253
    Fitz ~228

Total turnovers (out of all those fumbles Vick only lost 39 of them)
    Vick - 120
    Fitz - 96

Turnovers per start
    Vick ~1.18
    Fitz ~ 1.5

4th quarter comebacks
    Vick -13
    Fitz -5

So...in closing...

Vick averages more yards per game, TDs per game, averages less turnovers per game and has more 4th quarter comebacks than Fitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fraples View Post
    Anyone with half of a brain can make stats look like anything they want..

I can do it too.

Vick vs. Fitz

Total TDs
    Vick - 156
    Fitz - 94

TDs per start
    Vick ~1.54
    Fitz ~ 1.47

comp% last 4 years(Phi and Buf years)
    Vick - 60.2
    Fitz - 59.8

Total Yards
    Vick ~25,600
    Fitz ~14,600

Total yards per start
    Vick ~253
    Fitz ~228

Total turnovers (out of all those fumbles Vick only lost 39 of them)
    Vick - 120
    Fitz - 96

Turnovers per start
    Vick ~1.18
    Fitz ~ 1.5

4th quarter comebacks
    Vick -13
    Fitz -5

So...in closing...

Vick averages more yards per game, TDs per game, averages less turnovers per game and has more 4th quarter comebacks than Fitz.
    lol...nice, anyways, I wouldn't want Vick either, as for Rivers IMO, he has an awful O-line and receivers that are having a bad year as well. But I would take Rivers in a heartbeat with our o-line and somehow get another receiver or 2. I think Rivers is proven, he is just having a bad year with the supporting cast around him. In any event, I would love to take a shot and get Rivers somehow.

No to Vick
    Yes to Rivers

I think its pretty obvious that Rivers has a crumby supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spennels View Post
    No to Vick
    Yes to Rivers

I think its pretty obvious that Rivers has a crumby supporting cast.
    Yes , it's very obvious...I would take Rivers in a heartbeat. Like I said in my other post, he is a proven QB, just unfortunate that Chargers O-line looks like the texans did when they had David Carr

I think rivers can still be a star in this league...he's lost all the talent around him in the past 2 years not to mention he had a terrible head coach.

Rivers lost McNeil anchoring the line, future Hall of Famer LT, and Vincent Jackson in 2 years plus more. I don't think the chargers get rid of Rivers, but if they do we should jump on that immediately. Rivers, plus our OLINE, CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson and Chandler and we'll have a high profile offense.