Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incredible Disappearing Mario Williams

Default The Incredible Disappearing Mario Williams

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

What the heck happened to Williams in the second half? Was he tired or didn't he feel like playing anymore? I don't know how many times the Fox Commentators said he wasn't being double teamed so they couldn't figure out why he wasn't performing like he did in the first half. I guess the Texan fans were right about him. He takes plays and games off and doesn't give 100% unless he feels like it.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

Saying he is a MAJOR disappointment is an understatement... it's clear he only plays when he feels like it.

Is he to be some sort of God?

The same could be said for the entire defense. They played great in the first half and then, as if on cue, they completely disappeared at crunch time. On the other side of the ball, did you see some of the catches that the Ram receivers made on that final drive? And that is not a playoff-bound 12-4 Ram team, making plays down the stretch. That was a fellow cellar dwelling sub-.500 also ran, like us.

In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

C'mon man.

Seriously. These are the same guys who about 5, 7, and 9 plays earlier said "Pressure brought by Mario Williams."

Fox screwed up those comments. Another strip and sack by Mario Yesterday with another good game played by the line.

They did their jobs. Unlike a certain Head coach and by his extension QB yesterday...

All Credit goes to AM33 for this Signature!
    Adopt a Bill 2012: Mario Williams, DE
    Adopt a Bill 2013: Robert Woods, WR
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Sammy Watkins, WR

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot View Post
    No team wins Super Bowls in August.

I mean he's pretty much dominated the past 6 games or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn-2-the-housee View Post
    I mean he's pretty much dominated the past 6 games or whatever
    That doesn't excuse his lack of effort yesterday.

31 NFL teams usually adjust at halftime and the Rams are one of them.

I seen Mario in the 2nd half still making plays and putting pressure on Sam Bradford, I really do believe the commentators were messing up, you cant just go off of what the commentators are saying

2014 Is going to be the year we make the playoffs

Adopt A Bill 2014-2015- Marcell Dareus

Quote Originally Posted by Spandrel View Post
    The same could be said for the entire defense. They played great in the first half and then, as if on cue, they completely disappeared at crunch time. On the other side of the ball, did you see some of the catches that the Ram receivers made on that final drive? And that is not a playoff-bound 12-4 Ram team, making plays down the stretch. That was a fellow cellar dwelling sub-.500 also ran, like us.
    The Rams were playing to stay in the playoff hunt just like we were. I guess we didn't want it as bad as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    I seen Mario in the 2nd half still making plays and putting pressure on Sam Bradford, I really do believe the commentators were messing up, you cant just go off of what the commentators are saying
    I'm not. I can't recall seeing Williams make any plays in the second half yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spandrel View Post
    Again, c'mon man.

Defense shut down the Rams three times after the Rams scored first. The Bills Offense punted it back three times. In those weather conditions, defense wears out. Happens to every team.

When you hold an opponent to under 17 points, you should win the game unless they have a top 3 D. The Rams do not. 12 points in inexcusable on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Saying he is a MAJOR disappointment is an understatement... it's clear he only plays when he feels like it.
    He has 10.5 sacks this year. 6th on the NFL list. 1 more sack, and he is 5th, ahead of Ware. He would be only behind Watt, Aldon Smith, Von Miller, and Cameron Wake. He had 1 sack and 1 forced fumble.....are you kidding me?
    Official 3rd Year Season Ticket Holder!

Section 129 Row 12 Seats 1&2

Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    Exactly.

That play when Mario trucked 1-1 against Bradford was hysterical.

He's 6th in the NFL in sacks and was hurt for 7 games, so your trolling bro...
    2012 D-Line = Bad things man.. I mean bad things

Quote Originally Posted by xboomer View Post
    The Rams were playing to stay in the playoff hunt just like we were. I guess we didn't want it as bad as they did.
    ]

Isn't that what Stevie said...SJ made a great effort on a critical third down slant, btw....

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Midnite View Post
    Again, c'mon man.

Defense shut down the Rams three times after the Rams scored first. The Bills Offense punted it back three times. In those weather conditions, defense wears out. Happens to every team.

When you hold an opponent to under 17 points, you should win the game unless they have a top 3 D. The Rams do not. 12 points in inexcusable on them.

Yeah, but a winning team, makes a play there. Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu make the INT that George Wilson could not, and game over. Yeah, it was too bad that they were in the position of having to defend a 5-point lead, but they gave up two third down conversions and a 4th down conversion. They had ample opportunities to get off the field and could not. 14 plays, 84 yards, very little pressure on the QB, and 2 missed opportunities by Wilson to end it. Sometimes your D has to bear an unfair burden for a win. So be it. That is what good teams are able to do.
    Last edited by Spandrel; 12-10-2012 at 09:02 AM.

In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

I'm not. I can't recall seeing Williams make any plays in the second half yesterday.
    It is kind of hard giving it your all the whole game when you know your QB and Head Coach are just going to blow it.

What the heck happened to Williams in the second half? Was he tired or didn't he feel like playing anymore? I don't know how many times the Fox Commentators said he wasn't being double teamed so they couldn't figure out why he wasn't performing like he did in the first half. I guess the Texan fans were right about him. He takes plays and games off and doesn't give 100% unless he feels like it.

Yeah, I heard the commentators say that I was like " Jesus, are you even looking at the game?" He was double teamed for most of the third quarter.

BTW, he had a sack and a forced fumble and I don't even know how many pressures that forced Bradford to get rid of the ball yesrterday. He had an excellent game and was the best player on our D-line.

On a side note, I don't understand how Kyle Moore and Fred Jackson keep getting a free pass on this board. They cost us the game. Again. I've had it with FJ's fumbles when we're in scoring range and Kyle Moore's STUPID penalties that offset critical plays by the D.

He was in the backfield with pressures in the 2nd half and also was a major proponent in stopping the run game. I could see him penetrating many times while at the game.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.