Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Sullivan: Clock has run out on Gailey's credibility

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    Jerry I would've loved for you to mention this stat.

"So Chan, you are 5-23 when Fitzpatrick throws the ball more than thirty times. What exactly came up in the film room and practice this week that made you feel like this was the week you and Fitz would defy all odds, in the snow and sleet no less!"
    Fitz doesn't get winded.
    At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.

We do need to keep CJ fresh for the playoffs...in 2019.

Sullivan, right about the Bills for about the 1500th time in the past decade.

Of course, you could write these before the season even starts and still have a good chance of being right.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    Sullivan, right about the Bills for about the 1500th time in the past decade.

Of course, you could write these before the season even starts and still have a good chance of being right.
    Or just use last year's and change the other teams name.
    At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RustySabre View Post
    Or just use last year's and change the other teams name.
    That works too! Same kind of BS issues every year, we just do them at different times or sequence. Injuries/coaching/playcalling/"toughness".

Now it's about lacking "killer instinct". Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    That works too! Same kind of BS issues every year, we just do them at different times or sequence. Injuries/coaching/playcalling/"toughness".

Now it's about lacking "killer instinct". Good lord.
    We'll see what the team's instincts are going forward. Next Sunday could be a hard one to get up for.

A nuetral site with a wishy washy crowd coming to the game in Steelers and Dolphins gear like curious tourists, having to play a team and coach on top of their world.

The crazy thing is Chan might play to win with the heat off. He just might have lost one or two in the locker along the way now, though.

Already posted that I agree with what Sully wrote here but I need to ask this question of my fellow Bills fans.

If Chan is back next season does Nix lose all credibility ????
    I raised my kids as Bills fans, should social services be talking to me about that ? Is that a form of child abuse ?

while it's clear the job is too big for Gailey, the same could be said about all the previous coaches since Williams. So what now? Bring on the next scrub coach so we can call for his head in three years? It's frustrating.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by NCBillman View Post
    Already posted that I agree with what Sully wrote here but I need to ask this question of my fellow Bills fans.

All credibility no, just as an executive who can't make the hard decisions in this business.

Monday blues..................................

Anybody notice what the JETS did yesterday??? Both of there running backs received 20 carries. In one game! That's incredible. Absolutely unheard of. With two mediocre at best backs too?!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBillman View Post

Yes! He keeps Gailey, he has to know his neck is out there too when the inevitable happens.

Yesterday was **** ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jbolles View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing Gailey saying that CJ gets winded. NO professional player would pass up the opportunity to be on the field. They want to play. Give him the **** ball!

As for keeping Gailey, I agree 100%. Don't fire him now. Let him run his course. I would like for us to be 8-8 for a bit of respect, but a few extra losses could mean a lot in draft position, which is important when you consider we don't move to get "our guy".
    Disagree ... sack Gailey immediately!!!

Does it really matter where our draft order lies with Nix doing the drafting? Do we really trust Nix to conduct another draft for us? A GM who felt that Fitz is above having to compete for his job and that we only need someone to compete for the backup QB job. He's as inept as a GM could possibly be.

I was pulling my hair out when he didn't draft Foles, Wilson, or Cousins in the 3rd round last April.

After yesterday, Chan deserves to be sacked immediately, he deserves to be shown the door and right now. Nix needs to go at seasons end.

Andy Reid for example, a man like him does not deserve to be sacked until seasons-end due to the success he had over such a long period of time, so with that said that would be unjust, and a 3rd round pick at QB won the game for him yesterday. Andy just needs a fresh start elsewhere like John Fox got. Chan isn't worthy to get another HC job let alone have the opportunity to coach the final 3 games for the Bills.

Chan is a horrible coach who has cost us games (Tenn, Rams, etc) due to being a terrible coach. He deserves to get sacked immediately and I'd like to see how we do in the final 3 games with an interim HC.

Last edited by ExNorthBuffaloLad; 12-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by othello View Post
    We'll see what the team's instincts are going forward. Next Sunday could be a hard one to get up for.

A nuetral site with a wishy washy crowd coming to the game in Steelers and Dolphins gear like curious tourists, having to play a team and coach on top of their world.

The crazy thing is Chan might play to win with the heat off. He just might have lost one or two in the locker along the way now, though.
    Killer instinct to me is chicken/egg. That's the only reason I roll my eyes (virtually). When you win and make plays you "have it"....when you don't you don't. Just a cliche imo for not getting it done. And normally there are real reasons for that (talent, scheme, playcalling, etc) nothing having to do with "instincts".

I think you are right though...I could see Chan playing aggressive now that the season is a total bust.

And god do I hate this stupid Canada game. The rainbow assemblage of various jerseys is just sickening.

Generally, I find Sullivan to be a downer, and overly critical. Gailey has sunk so low, that Jerry's right on target now... Sad times for the rest of the year, to be a Bills fan.
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    I've tried to give Gailey a benefit of a doubt because I feel like Fitz is holding him back from being a true high powered offense. After watching yesterday's game...he's a terrible coach.
    If that is true then Chan is even a WORSE HC for using a player he doesn't believe in or can do what the HC expects him to do. I agree with Sully's article ( one of a few that I do agree on ) and will not support this team until they get the qualified HC coach in place to use and evaluate players properly.Chan MUST GO !!!

I think we have reached that all-too-familiar time in the season where we are just playing out the string, evaluating what talent we have, yada, yada, yada. There really is no logical way you can bring Chan back barring a remarkable Lazarus-like rise from the dead over the next 3 weeks, but you could even argue that that is too little, too late. Chan's had ample opportunity to prove what he can do, and more importantly what he CAN'T do.

His winning percentage is 0.333 right now. Do you know where that puts him, amongst the all-time coaches? Go here, and sort by W-L%.... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

He is on par with John McKay, architect of the worst Tampa Bay Buccaneers expansion years in the 70's. Thanks to his years with the Cowboys, he has a 41st worst .429 overall, but this guy's record with the Bills over the last 3 years qualifies him for Top 10 worst of all time. If he loses the last 3, he'd move up to 8th place at 0.313. What is there to discuss?

In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by ExNorthBuffaloLad View Post
    Disagree ... sack Gailey immediately!!!

Does it really matter where our draft order lies with Nix doing the drafting? Do we really trust Nix to conduct another draft for us? A GM who felt that Fitz is above having to compete for his job and that we only need someone to compete for the backup QB job. He's as inept as a GM could possibly be.

I was pulling my hair out when he didn't draft Foles, Wilson, or Cousins in the 3rd round last April.

After yesterday, Chan deserves to be sacked immediately, he deserves to be shown the door and right now. Nix needs to go at seasons end.

Andy Reid for example, a man like him does not deserve to be sacked until seasons-end due to the success he had over such a long period of time, so with that said that would be unjust, and a 3rd round pick at QB won the game for him yesterday. Andy just needs a fresh start elsewhere like John Fox got. Chan isn't worthy to get another HC job let alone have the opportunity to coach the final 3 games for the Bills.

Chan is a horrible coach who has cost us games (Tenn, Rams, etc) due to being a terrible coach. He deserves to get sacked immediately and I'd like to see how we do in the final 3 games with an interim HC.

I disagree to an extent.

This team has so many holes and still does. I think Nix was going after players with good value. Would you have picked Jimmy Claussen over CJ Spiller or Alex Carrington (at this point)? Christian Ponder has underwhelmed. Tannehill has shown to be average at best this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    Jerry I would've loved for you to mention this stat.

"So Chan, you are 5-23 when Fitzpatrick throws the ball more than thirty times. What exactly came up in the film room and practice this week that made you feel like this was the week you and Fitz would defy all odds, in the snow and sleet no less!"
    Chan: "Well once you've seen a guy do it once, you know he can do it again"

Don't know why people here don't like this guy. I'm not too familiar with his work but it seems like he has the balls to ask the tough questions. He's not just a mouthpiece of the organization like Chris Brown who is on his knees in front of Nix, Gailey, & Co. and will tell us how great everything is. Media needs more people like Jerry Sullivan and less of people like Chris Brown.