Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Alright i know, i know but what about Cousins?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    790

    Default Alright i know, i know but what about Cousins?

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    The dude came in and not only scored a touchdown but ran for a two point conversion in a game they HAD to have... since no one is in love with any of the QBa in this upcoming draft, why not trade for him?

    Honestly, why not? He is a young QB, get a new coach and let's start this new relationship in Buffalo.
    Buffalo.... A drinking city with a sports problem.

    This team now has an identity.... FAST

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Because they aren't going to get rid of him. With RG3 not being smart enough to avoid taking hits, he's going to be constantly injured. That's why they went out and drafted Cousins, as an insurance policy to RG3.

    BTW, it's pathetic and/or sad that your avatar is a Ryan Fitz-tragic celebration during a PRESEASON game.
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

    Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Nope. I'd rather save the picks and draft our own guy in the middle of the drive. There are a lot of guys like Cousins in the draft every year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Because they aren't going to get rid of him. With RG3 not being smart enough to avoid taking hits, he's going to be constantly injured. That's why they went out and drafted Cousins, as an insurance policy to RG3.

    BTW, it's pathetic and/or sad that your avatar is a Ryan Fitz-tragic celebration during a PRESEASON game.
    it's pathetic? well i'll take solace in the fact that my avatar is something real and not some sort of pokemon looking thing, grow up Count Chocula, Peter Pan
    Buffalo.... A drinking city with a sports problem.

    This team now has an identity.... FAST

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    767

    Default

    This is one of the things that baffles me, The Redskins go out and draft a QB after getting the player they covet in RG3. Yet Buffao dosent see the need to draft a QB when all they have is Fitz????? How many have they passed on now.... Im starting to lose count. Bad management.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b-lobill30 View Post
    it's pathetic? well i'll take solace in the fact that my avatar is something real and not some sort of pokemon looking thing, grow up Count Chocula, Peter Pan
    No, it's pathetic that we have to look to the preseason as SUCCESS for Ryan Fitz-tragic
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

    Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    No, it's pathetic that we have to look to the preseason as SUCCESS for Ryan Fitz-tragic
    haha well good thing that this thread had nothing about Fitz or the success he had in the "preseason game", you're looking for reasons to lash out, go back to bed, ya know, the one that's located in mommy's basement
    Buffalo.... A drinking city with a sports problem.

    This team now has an identity.... FAST

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    I would consider trading for Matt Flynn. I imagine a 4th would probably get him because he has a large contract for a backup QB.
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

    Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

  9. #9

    Default

    kirk cousins is not the answer. he has one game and you think hes good? very average msu qb

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by podbillfan View Post
    kirk cousins is not the answer. he has one game and you think hes good? very average msu qb
    Like I said, you can get a guy like Cousins in the draft every year. You can get one in the 4th round and call it a day.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    17,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveyL View Post
    Like I said, you can get a guy like Cousins in the draft every year. You can get one in the 4th round and call it a day.
    saying things like this out loud only guarantees that this is just what the bills will do: draft a QB in the 3rd/4th round and claim he wasn't good enough to win the position from Fitz

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    saying things like this out loud only guarantees that this is just what the bills will do: draft a QB in the 3rd/4th round and claim he wasn't good enough to win the position from Fitz
    I think the Bills will get a QB in the 1st round and then one later on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Why don't we trade for cousins,because shanahan is a little smarter then you,good ole boys buddy and chan...why did he get to play yesterday and why will he play a lot...because rg3 will get hurt,that's what smart teams do,they drafted 2 franchise quarterbacks in the same draft,we can't draft one in 3 years...oops,yes we did,Levi Strauss brown....but we have Tyler playpen and identified tarvaris Jackson as a very good qb...but he can't beat out another good ole boy tyler

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    19,635

    Default

    RG3 isn't gonna last. He gets absolutely demolished every game he plays.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    I love RGIII... he is a great passer and extremely athletic. Those who compare him to Vick are forgetting that Vick was nowhere near as smart as RGIII and nowhere near the passer that RGIII is

    That said, Griffin has to learn how to avoid taking monster hits....

    As far as the QB question, Cousins proves that the whole "it's NEXT YEAR that is the QB year!" attitude is totally misguided. There are always QBs to be had.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skudz View Post
    RG3 isn't gonna last. He gets absolutely demolished every game he plays.
    Yup. And he's not smart enough to avoid taking hits. He hasn't learned yet so far, and shows absolutely no intention of learning. He has one way of playing and seems hell bent on changing it. This isn't college, this is the NFL....guys are bigger, stronger and faster, and he's going to get his clocked cleaned.
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

    Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by podbillfan View Post
    kirk cousins is not the answer. he has one game and you think hes good? very average msu qb
    This quote just proves you don't watch college football... Michigan State was supposed to be a top 10 team this year, but they fell flat on their face without Cousins. Their success was due to Cousins, plain and simple. MSU sucked before Cousins, they were much better the 3 years he started there, and now they suck again. Cousins is a franchise QB, and No, there's not going to be a QB like him available in this draft. This class is going to suck.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Just go draft Matt Scott if you want a fourth round back-up quarterback that badly.

    I hope you don't ponder at night why the Bills have been so bad for over a decade. All these quick fix dumpster diving attempts at quarterbacks have got us where we are. And yet every day dozens of you clamor for more mediocrity.
    4-15-BUF 34

    (4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    I would consider trading for Matt Flynn. I imagine a 4th would probably get him because he has a large contract for a backup QB.
    Sampten, I normally disagree with most of what you say, but I completely agree with you here. I don't understand why we wouldn't want Flynn... he's played in multiple regular season games and had success. He learned sitting behind one of the best in Rodgers. And he hit Free Agency last year thinking he was going to start for the Seahawks. He had a very good preseason, so it's not like he really lost it because of poor performance.

    I don't know about this draft class of QBs. I wish I did. But I don't want an average QB. I want a very good to elite QB. This team would have been a contender with one of those this year. Flynn, to me, looks like the best option.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    Sampten, I normally disagree with most of what you say, but I completely agree with you here. I don't understand why we wouldn't want Flynn... he's played in multiple regular season games and had success. He learned sitting behind one of the best in Rodgers. And he hit Free Agency last year thinking he was going to start for the Seahawks. He had a very good preseason, so it's not like he really lost it because of poor performance.

    I don't know about this draft class of QBs. I wish I did. But I don't want an average QB. I want a very good to elite QB. This team would have been a contender with one of those this year. Flynn, to me, looks like the best option.
    We need to bring guys in. We know that the 3 on the roster aren't good enough. Bring in Sanchez, bring in Flynn, bring in Brady Quinn.....none can be worse than anything we have. Draft somebody or multiple people. This is a QB driven league and we don't have one.
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

    Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •