Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Remembers Gailey's 1st Game as HC?

Default Who Remembers Gailey's 1st Game as HC?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I cannot help but laugh...

Bills lose 15-10 at home to MIA
    Lynch starts at RB and 3 carries the ball times
    Jackson has 4 carries
    Edwards has 34 pass attempts
    Down by 3 with 1:32 left in the game the Bills choose to take a safety rather than punt and now need a TD rather than just a FG.

Gailey quote after game "If fingers need to be pointed, they need to be pointed back at me," Gailey said. "We didn't play well enough to win, and that's my responsibility."

Does this recipe for failure sound at all familiar? Also worth noting that Gailey had all off-season to select Edwards and Lynch as starters and both are gone after only a few weeks into the season. Bad play-calling, horrible player management and odd in game decisions.
    Last edited by bs78; 12-10-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Should have been a big red flag to all of us, like that ominous cloud looming over the horizon.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

What's sad is a lot of people here were trying to defend Chan after that game. I don't know if it's because they were in denial that we had just hired a coach as bad as Dick or not...but it was pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Should have been a big red flag to all of us, like that ominous cloud looming over the horizon.
    When the team traded Lynch and cut Edwards I lost a lot of faith. Mostly Edwards - not sure how you go all off-season with Edwards as the guy and cut him within a few weeks. And now we are told T Jax does not have enough time to learn the system to even see what we might have in him? Nothing this guy says or does makes any sense.

And now with 3 games left in the 2012 season, its business as usual. Nothings changed.
    I raised my kids as Bills fans, should social services be talking to me about that ? Is that a form of child abuse ?

Quote Originally Posted by bs78 View Post
    When the team traded Lynch and cut Edwards I lost a lot of faith. Mostly Edwards - not sure how you go all off-season with Edwards as the guy and cut him within a few weeks. And now we are told T Jax does not have enough time to learn the system to even see what we might have in him? Nothing this guy says or does makes any sense.
    Edwards is a training camp all star. Even Nix thought he looked the best in the offseason. I'm just glad they cut him after 2 games instead of trying to play him the entire season.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Jackson has 4 carries
    Down by 3 with 1:32 left in the game the Bills choose to take a safety rather than punt and now need a TD rather than just a FG.

Gailey quote after game "If fingers need to be pointed, they need to be pointed back at me," Gailey said. "We didn't play well enough to win, and that's my responsibility."

Does this recipe for failure sound at all familiar? Also worth noting that Gailey had all off-season to select Edwards and Lynch as starters and both are gone after only a few weeks into the season. Bad play-calling, horrible player management and odd in game decisions.
    My God. Are those really the stats? Nothing has changed. He's never played to his O's strength. Pathetic.

I had hope for him as HC and really supported him for the past 2 1/2 years, but come on. 8 carries for CJ? 8??!! So tired of this. The head scratching decisions have morphed into beer bottle throwing reactions for me.
    I may not go to church, but I pay for my sins by being a Buffalo Bills fan.

Jackson has 4 carries

I don't understand the logic of the safety? Oh wait...was it field position? Instead of punting from their own endzone down three, they wanted to but from the 30 down by five? Even from the start, with the field position

Best Fans in the NFL

2013 Adopt-A-Bill: Mario Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    I don't understand the logic of the safety? Oh wait...was it field position? Instead of punting from their own endzone down three, they wanted to but from the 30 down by five? Even from the start, with the field position
    Exactly - a field position battle. Lets give them two points so we need a TD in exchange for possibly better field position. Even worse it would not matter because MIA would either go 3 and out or run the clock out since there was only 1:30. Either way they would have been punting from near midfield.

Jackson has 4 carries

Didn't Spiller start and they pulled him? Anyways, we've all seen games like this before. Hence the 13 years of no playoffs. Too many time the Bills have choked it away in the 4th quarter of games. Nothing has changed from one regime to the next over the past 13 years. Bonehead coaching. Pathetic. The NFL has past Chan Gailey up. Buffalo use to be a tough place to play. Not anymore. Thanks to the pathetic coaches.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

I dont recall his first but I sure do recall his second game when Trent Edwards ran out of bounds on 4th down, classic.

8 days later Trent was gone. I had though he had found our head coach, boy was I wrong.

Jackson has 4 carries

Actually, Spiller started the game and carried the ball 7 times. Three years, not much has changed, huh?
    This. Right Here. Is My. Sig.

Exactly - a field position battle. Lets give them two points so we need a TD in exchange for possibly better field position. Even worse it would not matter because MIA would either go 3 and out or run the clock out since there was only 1:30. Either way they would have been punting from near midfield.
    Field position matters naught when the other teams offense converts on any down 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    ....boy isn't that the truth.....why is it that semi-decent coordinators fail miserably as head coaches for us.....I mean "fall on your face" failures!
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by GTorlone View Post
    Actually, Spiller started the game and carried the ball 7 times. Three years, not much has changed, huh?
    You are right. Since Spiller only had 6 yards he did not show up on the box score I was looking at. I think it makes it even worse...he is good enough to start in his first NFL game ahead of Lynch and Jackson then barely touches the ball until Fred gets hurt last year. Going into year three Chan still cannot seem to figure out what to do with him even though he is off to a monster start while Fred is battling injuries.

This one is easy...

Edwards was a Standford guy so he wasn't exactly stupid.

Edwards spent time under Dick Jaroun and horrible OC's.

Edwards had a decent pre-season in 2010 and is a good practice QB. Fitz on the other hand....

The 2010 QB draft kinda sucked.

Gailey probably saw the deficiencies and thought he could fix Edwards based on the data he had.

Jackson has 4 carries

I've been bringing that game up in several of my posts, mostly to show how appalling Chan is in terms of abandoning the run.

Spiller was force fed the ball early in the game, 7 carries.

Then he was relegated to the bench for the rest of 2010 and more than half of 2011.

15-10 at home and we ran the ball 17 times that day?

Quote Originally Posted by sechristbmw View Post
    I've been bringing that game up in several of my posts, mostly to show how appalling Chan is in terms of abandoning the run.

Spiller was force fed the ball early in the game, 7 carries.

Then he was relegated to the bench for the rest of 2010 and more than half of 2011.

15-10 at home and we ran the ball 17 times that day?
    I don't care who you have at QB. With Spiller and Jackson in the backfield you better be pounding the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    I dont recall his first but I sure do recall his second game when Trent Edwards ran out of bounds on 4th down, classic.

8 days later Trent was gone. I had though he had found our head coach, boy was I wrong.
    I dont remember this at all. I do remember Bledsoe doing something simlar. Threw it in the stands to end the game. Forgot the down.
    Tragic
    Buffalo, where the boot lickers are well taken care of.
    Franchise needs a change of attitude. Welcome EJ now lead the charge. Fitz is gone and the worst starting DE I've seen stay on the field after continually doing nothing is gone Now let's move forward B-Lo.

Once he scolded fans for booing Trent I knew it wasnt going to work out.