Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Playoffs scenario?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Insert one snowball into hell.

I think people are looking too far down the line. If you are still in it going into week 16 thats a start. If we beat Sea and Dal.beats Pit we live to fight another week, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jimcurtiss View Post
    Anyone know where we are at? We were not eliminated, but we can't pass the colts now.
    The Seamonkeys will take care of that 1% this Sunday. Prepare for a blowout......

this team is not even a .500 team, so please go away with these silly threads

Quote Originally Posted by brianmoorman4jesus View Post
    I think people are looking too far down the line. If you are still in it going into week 16 thats a start. If we beat Sea and Dal.beats Pit we live to fight another week, or am I wrong?
    You're not wrong. I can see San Diego losing one more. I can see Pittsburgh losing this week. I can see Pittsburgh coming back next week and beating Cincy. I can see Cincy losing to Baltimore. What I can't see are two things: 1- The Bills winning all their remaining games and 2- Pittsburgh losing to Cleveland at home and getting swept by them this season. But that's six things that have to go exactly our way, right there, two of which seem nearly impossible.

Unlike some posters, I'll be happy if we finish 8-8 regardless of playoffs. Nix made it clear that this is the year they'll move up to get the QB they like. So draft position doesn't matter that much to me cause I believe Nix will get his guy. The only other reason to lose out is to get rid of Gailey, which I kinda doubt happens anyway this year.

We have such a short time to root for our team, I'd love it if we can go into the final game sorta playing a meaningful game... I really don't want to be the reason the Jets get into the playoffs, anyway.
    Last edited by transplantbillsfan; 12-15-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    You're not wrong. I can see San Diego losing one more. I can see Pittsburgh losing this week. I can see Pittsburgh coming back next week and beating Cincy. I can see Cincy losing to Dallas. What I can't see are two things: 1- The Bills winning all their remaining games and 2- Pittsburgh losing to Cleveland at home and getting swept by them this season. But that's six things that have to go exactly our way, right there, two of which seem nearly impossible.

Unlike some posters, I'll be happy if we finish 8-8 regardless of playoffs. Nix made it clear that this is the year they'll move up to get the QB they like. So draft position doesn't matter that much to me cause I believe Nix will get his guy. The only other reason to lose out is to get rid of Gailey, which I kinda doubt happens anyway this year.

We have such a short time to root for our team, I'd love it if we can go into the final game sorta playing a meaningful game... I really don't want to be the reason the Jets get into the playoffs, anyway.
    What's funny, is I think this is the year that Cleveland can sweep Pitts.

Look at some of Pitts losses this season- SD, Cleve, Oak, Tenn. Plus 2 close calls against KC and Philly. I see in Pittsburgh a team that plays down to their opponent, and they are not finishing the deal this year.

But saying all that, I can see them beating Dallas this week officially eliminating us, regardless of the Seattle outcome.
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

The only scenario involving us getting in requires us to win out. Forget how rediculous the rest of it is (Like the Steelers losing at home to the Browns). We're not winning out, and it's 13 years without the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sb_bound View Post
    What this team lacks is talent. What Green has in spades is talent. You just don't pass up on talent like his. The draft is about adding as many playmakers as possible to your team. Free Agency is about filling holes.

Bills Playoff Scenario 2012 = at home, on the couch.

throwback

making the playoffs is winning 10, 11 or 12 games or more along with dominating and winning the division(see ne)and beating teams consistently that are above .500. sure if your in a weak division you may make it at 8-8 or 9-7 with a possible wildcard but the key is beating good teams and being GOOD!

not by backing in anxiously hoping other teams lose.

it's obvious this team has been bad so long that some fans have never seen this team make the playoffs so their only "hope" is a "playoff scenario".

I feel for ya kids. I can remember a time when this team had no problem winning 12-13 games a season and totally dominating the division and you could have another month of great bills football to watch as they rolled through the playoffs.

no, backing in or hoping for losing scenarios wont cut it and I hate to bust balls here but throw your hopes away because the steelers aren't losing tomorrow and the bills will fall to the seahawks as they have more to win for knowing they can still win their division having a shot at beating the 49ers at home next week.

where as a 5-8 team poorly coached with a Qb that has no killer instinct doesn't warrant a playoff berth.

If the Bengals and Steelers and Titans and Jets all quit we will get in
    "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make." ~~~Lord Farquaad
    Sdigity2 = JETS FAN

Chan Gailey is a Saboteur.

will the other teams please stop trying to improve and win games?

Quote Originally Posted by jimcurtiss View Post
    Anyone know where we are at? We were not eliminated, but we can't pass the colts now.

Yeah the Bills are in the toilet. I hope that answers your question of where they're at.