Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talked to Bill Cowher tonight

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan7834 View Post
    I thought the whole reason that Gailey is our coach is because we tried to get Cowher, he said that he wasn't interested in coaching, period, but he recommended Gailey to us. Cowher is a HUGE Gailey supporter, and is one of the main ones who vouches for his play calling.
    OBD leaked the rumor that it tried to get Cowher. Does anyone believe OBD had any interest in offering him the control, support and money he would require? Or did they lowball him knowing he would turn them down, so they could spin it as "we tried, he didn't want to come here?" Seems pretty obvious to me.
    Cautiously Pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperDuperBillsFan View Post
    I work at a drug store about 5 minutes away from CBS. Bill Cowher came in tonight. I asked him if he is returning to the NFL next year and I told him I'm a big bills fan. He told me he has met with Jim Kelly a couple of times and that Buffalo is a likely option for him if they can Gailey. Said he really likes our roster and that he has a lot of respect for Ralph Wilson.

Get ready guys! The Chin is coming to Buffalo!
    Lets hypothetically say this is true:

Since the last time the Bills needed a head coach and the chin was thought about:

The present day roster is 10x more talent then 3-4 years ago and i think this team looks a LOT better then it did before.

Personally a new coach could EASILY turn around the Bills: Get a New QB and add a Middle Linebacker and your good to Go!
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

I would defenitely not take Vick. Build up through the draft. Manti is a possibility, but we need a QB. Not many studs like last year. Perhaps an OT.

I work at a drug store about 5 minutes away from CBS. Bill Cowher came in tonight. I asked him if he is returning to the NFL next year and I told him I'm a big bills fan. He told me he has met with Jim Kelly a couple of times and that Buffalo is a likely option for him if they can Gailey. Said he really likes our roster and that he has a lot of respect for Ralph Wilson.

Me too, he told me he doesn't know you and never went into the drug store where you work. You sure you didn't have him mixed up with Dick Jauron?

HAHAHA wow great thread

The Cowher/Shanahan thing was a big smokescreen. Do you honestly believe Jeff Littman and Overdorf would ever pay a coach that kind of money. It's all BS!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    OBD leaked the rumor that it tried to get Cowher. Does anyone believe OBD had any interest in offering him the control, support and money he would require? Or did they lowball him knowing he would turn them down, so they could spin it as "we tried, he didn't want to come here?" Seems pretty obvious to me.
    He didn't come here because he wanted to stay in NC with his wife and kids who were going through school at the time. His wife sadly passed away to cancer last year and his kids are grown up. This roster is much more talented and he knows Whaley.

cool. did he say when? also, i don't know too many nyc people that refer to locations as minutes away...usually it's called "blocks away". so, which rite aid was it?

I would so love this if it were actually true!
    The EJ Haters Club: (guys who would rather EJ lose than the Bills win)
    Jackington
    Mitchmurraydowntowm
    Buffalo2382
    Machinist
    Schmuggs
    Bonsini383
    BornBillfan
    Orange
    TheDude
    Sampten
    Kozel
    Ramza

Let me know who I missed.

yeah i saw Tom Brady last nite too,and said he would give his right arm to play for us...

was he getting some deux-deux-deuxs?

When Jauron was fired, but before Gailey was hired, there were all kinds of "Cowher's coming here!" and "Spoke with Bill Cowher last night" threads. All of them ended up being worthless. I imagine this one will, too.
    Adopt a Bill 2014: Marquise Goodwin

Look, a full moon ! ( hair growing everywhere...howling ! )

I just talked with Cowher and he says you are full of crap.

So what kind of drugs was he getting? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    The Cowher/Shanahan thing was a big smokescreen. Do you honestly believe Jeff Littman and Overdorf would ever pay a coach that kind of money. It's all BS!!
    This x 1000. All smoke screen. Jeff Littman and Overdorf < these 2 schmucks would never pay a quality coach to come here. This is the reason the Bills profit 10-15 million a year from cap. Until Ralph sells these 2 clowns will continue to make a lot of money off this franchise. Also continue to screw the fans over with marketing by signing free agents to sell hope.

Agreed, him nor chucky will ever decide to come to Bflo. Never, ever.

Yes, but don't always believe what you read on the Internet, that's how WWII got started.

Quote Originally Posted by 6String View Post
    Yes, but don't always believe what you read on the Internet, that's how WWII got started.
    The Internet existed back then?