Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: list of coaching replacements you would want...limit one per poster

Default list of coaching replacements you would want...limit one per poster

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I know it sounds weird but I want, Bobby April (Current Special Teams coach, Philly)

some suggestions for other posters:

Ken Wisenhunt (maybe / prob going to get canned - current HC in Arizona)
    Andy Reid (prob getting canned - Current HC in Philly)
    Norv Turner (prob getting fired - Current HC in SD)
    Cam Cameron - Former OC in Baltimore
    Ray Horton (Current DC in Arizona)
    Bruce Arians (Current Interim HC/OC in Indy)

please add to list.
    Last edited by coachholsopple; 12-11-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: information left out
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

-2012 Adopt a Bill-

Kellen Heard
    &
    Craig Urbik

Urban Meyer - HC - Ohio St .... Is a HC instead of just a coordinator, wins wherever hes been and He even made Tebow look good.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

Since horton is already on there, I will add 2 (even though you put a 1 name limit):

1.) Jay Gruden (OC Bengals)

2.) Ray Horton (DC Cardinals)

3.) Dante Scarnecchia (OL coach Pats)

^^^^^ This is a LOOOOOONNNNG shot. People want want him because the name recognition isnt there, and he is 64 years old, but for my money he is the best O-line coach in NFL history. Build upon your strengths type of coach.

Quote Originally Posted by D2k View Post
    Since horton is already on there, I will add 2 (even though you put a 1 name limit):

1.) Jay Gruden (OC Bengals)

2.) Ray Horton (DC Cardinals)

3.) Dante Scarnecchia (OL coach Pats)

^^^^^ This is a LOOOOOONNNNG shot. People want want him because the name recognition isnt there, and he is 64 years old, but for my money he is the best O-line coach in NFL history. Build upon your strengths type of coach.
    the limit was who YOU want...so you want Horton?
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

-2012 Adopt a Bill-

Kellen Heard
    &
    Craig Urbik

u can add as many suggestions as u want. but the limit was who u ultimately want as our HC
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

-2012 Adopt a Bill-

Kellen Heard
    &
    Craig Urbik

Andy Reid

Quote Originally Posted by coachholsopple View Post
    the limit was who YOU want...so you want Horton?
    My number 1 would be Jay Gruden.

My 1A would be Horton.

Check my sig. David Shaw or Pat Fitzgerald would be hard sells so I'll go with Jay Gruden.

lets take it a step further....elobrate as to y u want him as our HC

Bobby April
    Has always been one of the top special teams coordinators in the NFL.....Being a SP Teams coach is rare because it allows you to communicate with BOTH defensive and offensive players... Fimiliar with the city and it's people..... Firey (sp?) coach (when was the last time we had that).... Would be a humble coach who would allow his coordinators call the plays I believe (again, just what I believe), which would make Buffalo attractive to OC / DC's with the talent we have (CJ, Fred, Stevie on O - D-line, And secondary on D)
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

-2012 Adopt a Bill-

Kellen Heard
    &
    Craig Urbik

Another guy that's not getting a lot of pub is Dave Toub. The Bears ST's coach. Almost got the job with the Dolphins last year and for everyone scoffing at a ST's coach becoming the head man just take a look at John Harbaugh at Baltimore.

ST's coaches other than the HC who has his pulse on the whole team.

Gus Bradley, DC, Seattle Seahawks.

He will be a fantastic head coach one day, and I'd rather it be with us.
    4-15-BUF 34

(4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

Greg Roman (49ers OC)

David Shaw - Stanford

Probably would not leave Stanford yet, but has taken over for Harbaugh with little to know drop off. Was the man that helped develop Luck. Has alot of coaching experience to include in the NFL. This is the type of coach that is so needed in Buffalo. And these are the types of candidates to look for, some of the under the radar type, maybe a year before real speculation of an NFL HC position starts flying. I would rather take a chance on someone like him, over a retread NFL Coach.

Here is his resume'

Prior to his appointment as offensive coordinator at Stanford, Shaw served as the wide receivers and passing game coordinator at the University of San Diego during the 2006 season, where he helped guide the nation's top Division I-AA offense that paced the Toreros to the Pioneer League championship and NCAA Division I-AA Mid-Major national title.

The Toreros led all NCAA Division I-AA teams in passing offense (293.3 ypg), total offense (494.25) and scoring offense (42.83). Quarterback Josh Johnson was one of four offensive All-Americans on the team and led all NCAA Division I-AA quarterbacks in passing efficiency (169.0 quarterback rating), touchdown passes (34, co-leader), points responsible for (24.33) and total offense (336.7), while throwing for 3,320 yards to also lead the country and running for another 721. He added 11 rushing touchdowns and even caught one TD pass.

Shaw's coaching resume also includes nine years of NFL experience with the Philadelphia Eagles (1997), Oakland Raiders (1998-2001) and Baltimore Ravens (2002-05).

Shaw's most recent coaching job in the NFL with Baltimore included a stint as the quarterbacks and wide receivers coach from 2002-04 before working solely with the wide receivers in 2005. His tenure included a 2003 campaign that reaped an AFC North title and a 10-6 regular season record. Derrick Mason set a new franchise record with 86 receptions under Shaw's tutelage in 2005 when he also posted the third-biggest season to date in terms of receiving yards with 1,073. Mark Clayton set a franchise rookie record for receptions in 2005 when he caught 44 balls for 471 yards.

After three seasons of quality control with the Oakland Raiders from 1998-2000, Shaw moved into the role of quarterbacks coach in 2001 as the Raiders won a second straight AFC West title and finished the regular season with a 10-6 mark. Quarterback Rich Gannon made the NFL Pro Bowl for the second straight season and ended up as the game's MVP. Gannon had the third-most prolific campaign of his 16-year pro career during the 2001 regular season, throwing for 3,828 yards on 361-of-549 passing (65.8%).

Shaw began his NFL coaching career as the quality control coach with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1997.

He launched his coaching career at Western Washington, where he coached the outside linebackers in 1995 and the tight ends in 1996.

I've got one, and the reasons why? Marc Trestman. He was interviewed with the Wade Phillips group, but turned it down...good move. He is very much like Marv Levy.
    OBD would have to talk to the Alouettes about his future there. He just signed a contract extension. This is the weird part. They are both lawyers, both of the Jewish faith,
    both have written very good books, and both of them have one 2 Grey Cups in Canada. Marv left the Alouettes to come to the Bills. I think after reading Mr Trestman's book,
    he is very much like Marv. I've written to Nix, Brandon, and Mr.Wilson...let's see what happens? The other choices were good, but I have a feeling that none of the "big"
    coaches want to come to Buffalo. That makes an accomplished coach like Trestman a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    I've got one, and the reasons why? Marc Trestman. He was interviewed with the Wade Phillips group, but turned it down...good move. He is very much like Marv Levy.
    OBD would have to talk to the Alouettes about his future there. He just signed a contract extension. This is the weird part. They are both lawyers, both of the Jewish faith,
    both have written very good books, and both of them have one 2 Grey Cups in Canada. Marv left the Alouettes to come to the Bills. I think after reading Mr Trestman's book,
    he is very much like Marv. I've written to Nix, Brandon, and Mr.Wilson...let's see what happens? The other choices were good, but I have a feeling that none of the "big"
    coaches want to come to Buffalo. That makes an accomplished coach like Trestman a better choice.
    been reading up on him. Interesting. Has coordinator experience in the NFL also.
    LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

-2012 Adopt a Bill-

Kellen Heard
    &
    Craig Urbik

Why not give a chance to Josh Mcdaniels, only as a coach

1 3 Buffalo Von Miller OLB34 Texas A&M
    2 34 Buffalo Cameron Heyward DE34 Ohio State
    3 68 Buffalo Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
    4 100 Buffalo Casey Matthews ILB Oregon
    4 122 Buffalo Chris Hairston OT Clemson
    5 133 Buffalo Jalil Brown CB Colorado
    6 169 Buffalo Joe Lefeged SS Rutgers
    7 206 Buffalo Nathan Enderle QB Idaho
    7 245 Buffalo Terry Griffin DT34 Elizabeth City State

Chip Kelly from Oregon with his aggressive offensive philosophy of always going for it.

Destroy or be Destroyed!
    Our time is now!!!
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Eric Wood

whatever coach we bring in, I just hope he doesn't switch our defense to a 3-4

Anyways, I want Mike Zimmer he seems like he can be a great coach, and he has experience with the 4-3. Plus his defenses always look like they are tough, and they play hard for him

Jim Tressel... Ex Ohio State Head Coach

An under the radar wildcard to look at in the search...

He has coached in years in cold weather locations, relyed heavily on a very good Defence where Offence managed the game while running the ball, ran a conventional Offence not a college spread thats popular now, gets the most out of his young players.

Conections to many past players and staff to bring in for Cord and position coaching(spielman, eddie type of position coaches that know the NFL game and how to play it)... won many games where ever he coached and plenty of Championships( NCAA, Big Ten, 1AA with Youngtown, lots of major bowl games 23-6 record in them likes of Rose, Orange, Tostito's, Outback)

He was not fired for his performance...was fired for being a players coach and not reporting players selling THEIR trophies and stuff.

I just like his past teams play and think it fits Buffalo and its fans views... DEFENCE, manage the game with Offence, Score and WIN

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
    whatever coach we bring in, I just hope he doesn't switch our defense to a 3-4

Anyways, I want Mike Zimmer he seems like he can be a great coach, and he has experience with the 4-3. Plus his defenses always look like they are tough, and they play hard for him
    I do not want Defensive Coach because I think Wanny sticks. I need someone that understands the Offense and play to your Talents (IE Spiller)