View Poll Results: Would A Democratic System Work Better?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, GREAT IDEA!

8 24.24%
  • No, the owner and GM should have all the power!

25 75.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'VE GOT THE ANSWER: DEMOCRACY!!! (It's the American way!)

Default I'VE GOT THE ANSWER: DEMOCRACY!!! (It's the American way!)

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

**********************AMENDMENTS ADDED TO BOTTOM IN RED**********************

With so many terrible decisions made all around the organization over that last 10+ years, I'd like to offer my solution to the problem. It's one that would result in more accountability and less fan outrage cause WE would have say:

We should have a democratic system enacted in which we, the people, vote for some of our coaching and front office positions. The main two I'd want would be GM and Head Coach. The HC should be able to pick his coordinators but we should however be able to vote if they are allowed to fill that position themselves or not. This is the way it would work:

Everybody from the GM on down would be fired at season's end (Nix would still have an opportunity to be elected under the new system). After the second weekend in January, candidates would start being interviewed by Ralph for the GM position. Ralph would have two weeks to narrow down the candidacy list the three people for a vote that would be held a week later. During the week between the final 3 candidates being named and the vote, the finalists would each give a speech to the fans about their vision and plan for the franchise moving forward. They would lay out what positions they see as priorities to upgrade in the draft and free agency, what qualifications they would require in a HC, and what they see their role as being with the club.

The vote is then held on the Saturday of Superbowl weekend. That night, a winner is named and introduced as the new GM to the Buffalo faithful. As soon as the Superbowl is over, they can go out and start looking for HC candidates and after two weeks would need to narrow it down to three candidates. The process repeats itself and we, the people, vote in the HC. As part of the vote, we'd be asked whether or not that particular coach would also be allowed to act as either offensive or defensive coordinator.

* If we don't like any of the three candidates (GM or HC), we could pick a fourth option saying "New Candidates" and if that option receives the most votes then a new slate of candidates would have to be selected.

* Each year, after the last game, a quick vote would be taken on whether to retain the people in those positions or not. If we make it to at least the Championship game, the two would automatically be retained.

*******************ONLY THAT YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS WOULD GET TO VOTE!!!*******************

AMENDMENTS:

****Elected GM's would get 5 year deals
    ****Elected HC's would get 3 year deals
    ****Elections would be held at the end of the HC's or GM's contract (unless fired early by the fans)
    ****Any newly elected GM would have the right to fire the current HC but MUST include him as one of the three candidates up for election. In that case a special election will be held for a HC. If the same HC is reelected, he'll only receive a deal with the amount of years remaining on his old contract. If a new HC is elected, he'd get the standard 3 year deal.
    ****After the last game of every (post)season (unless the team reaches the Championship game or Superbowl), season ticket holders would have a week to mail in a special optional vote to fire the HC fired OR both the GM and HC. Over 66% of that year's ST holders would have to cast this vote for it to happen. In that case a special election process would immediately begin to elect replacements.

And there you have it! Problem solved. As fans we can no longer complain about who was appointed to lead our team. The HC and GM would be held accountable by the fans who provide the money they get in their checks every week and would have to pay attention to our demands. "Joe Fan" would have a voice that mattered!

What do you think?

(Please don't respond with "this will never happen" as I understand that but just want to see what you all think of the idea)
    Last edited by StHustle; 12-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN NFL HISTORY to bench their healthy starting quarterback to open the playoffs! WE HAVEN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS SINCE!

FLUTIE: Please forgive Ralphie and lift the curse!!!!!

2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Kiko Alonso

I don't trust people to make sound decisions...... see America 2012
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

If the off season and training camp determined the Super Bowl winners for that year.....the Dolphins would have 7 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    Ahhh poor baby. Is that you Mitt? Or Paul Ryan? Suck it up.

Lol I agree, just look who are president is now. We would probably end up drafting a QB every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    Ahhh poor baby. Is that you Mitt? Or Paul Ryan? Suck it up.
    Very good response. Because obviously I was talking about politics and not the lack of common sense society has today to the tune of buying I-phones instead of their children's school clothes or taking personal responsibility for making stupid decisions.....like your decision to come to the BBMB and make a screen name like that, obviously looking for attention because of your mediocre life in reality. Welcome to the internet.....be all you can be.

PS- since your new, and obviously didn't read the COC, we dont talk politics.
    Last edited by DIESEL-USMC; 12-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.

If the off season and training camp determined the Super Bowl winners for that year.....the Dolphins would have 7 rings.

this thread won't last long

ישוע המשיח הוא אלוהים
    Sebastian River Sharks Football 2014. Go Sharks!

Let me rephrase for the incompetent - many people today are not capable of making logical decisions...... unless there's an app for it, hang it up. Especially from what we witnessed from a few of the fans on here Sunday.....I wouldn't give them control of a remote control with no batteries.

Very good response. Because obviously I was talking about politics and not the lack of common sense society has today to the tune of buying I-phones instead of their children's school clothes or taking personal responsibility for making stupid decisions.....like you decision to come to the BBMB and make a screen name like that obviously looking for attention because of your mediocre life in reality. Welcome to the internet.....be all you can be.
    That's not a shot is it? Jarhead? The rest of the post was excellent!
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan7834 View Post
    That's not a shot is it? Jarhead? The rest of the post was excellent!
    No shots.....

You want to leave the fate of the Bills in the hands of some of the hotheads and dimwits who post on this message board? Really?!!
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    You want to leave the fate of the Bills in the hands of some of the hotheads and dimwits who post on this message board? Really?!!
    I just edited my post. Check out the bold statement. I forgot to add this and its one of the most important parts to the concept...
    The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN NFL HISTORY to bench their healthy starting quarterback to open the playoffs! WE HAVEN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS SINCE!

You couldn't possibly think we would make worse decisions then the ones already made now do you? In this process were in place since 2000, I am POSITIVE we would have made the playoffs by now!

Wow so after all this complaining on the board, over 80% of people don't want to see the fans have the power to choose? Even after years and years of TERRIBLE decisions but the owner and management? Wow, guess we don't believe are football knowledge is as good as we let on...

some of the fans are very knowledgeable while others like to think they are !

Quote Originally Posted by StHustle View Post
    Wow so after all this complaining on the board, over 80% of people don't want to see the fans have the power to choose? Even after years and years of TERRIBLE decisions but the owner and management? Wow, guess we don't believe our football knowledge is as good as we let on...
    No, 80% of the users on here wouldn't make sound decisions.....20% would.

No......we're a REPUBLIC not a democracy.

Given the results of the last election I don't trust my fellow Americans to make smart decisions anymore.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

Quote Originally Posted by cpalm View Post
    No......we're a REPUBLIC not a democracy.
    Lol...you know what I meant....feeling technical this morning?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Being the team has had many decades of fail, it would at worst be a lateral step, but no worse than the level of success we have seen over the decades while being controlled by "professional football minds"
    Hell man out side of the Polin years the team has seen the post season only (7) seven times, so please stop sounding like the "pros" that have been running this team are do a passable job, because they have not come close to it.
    "I am a river to my people"

VMA 331 2nd Marine Air Wing Cherry Point NC Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by StHustle View Post
    Wow so after all this complaining on the board, over 80% of people don't want to see the fans have the power to choose? Even after years and years of TERRIBLE decisions but the owner and management? Wow, guess we don't believe are football knowledge is as good as we let on...
    Terrible idea. Yes, the Bills organization has made a lot of bad decisions over the years, but involving even more poor decision-makers with even less information is definitely not the solution. Certain individuals among the fanbase would certainly have made better decisions than OBD, but when you open it up to a democratic process, you all but guarantee that the best thinkers will be outnumbered and the results will not reflect their ideas.
    THE BLUEPRINT

Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

*Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills