Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still think Dareus doesn't have an excuse for his dip in production?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    What exactly is a 'jabroni answer'?

All I said was the truth, there are many athletes that have responded well to adversity/tradegies.....and there are many that don't.

In the end the guy is human and football doesn't matter, but he definitely needs to produce next year or we're in trouble.
    Try Google.

Here ya go- http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=Jabroni.
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

If the off season and training camp determined the Super Bowl winners for that year.....the Dolphins would have 7 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    This is an example of Buddy not doing the due diligence on drafting players. Dareus has dealt with a lot and has a lot on his shoulders. It sucks to say, but I wouldn't have drafted him with everything going on in his life that effects his play. There is a good chance he will never be what we expected him to be when we drafted him 3rd overall because of outside events.
    Dareus was worthy of his draft position, he had personal tragedies effect his life. Not like he was doing drugs, chasing hookers, or racking up huge debts. He'll come around and by all signs of it has already started. I'd like to see you endure everything that he has, and still achieve what he has.

sig by Slinkcsubacca

2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    I had to re-read this and pinch myself to make sure it was real. Really? I guess we know why you don't make draft day decisions. Obviously you didnt read it.
    What do you mean really??

Everything needs to be factored in when drafting a player that high. There were players with equal to more talent that we have drafted in Peterson or Green. If I knew everything about Dareus there is no way I would have picked him. I will take the player with equal talent where you won't have to worry about the outside events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis16 View Post
    Dareus was worthy of his draft position, he had personal tragedies effect his life. Not like he was doing drugs, chasing hookers, or racking up huge debts. He'll come around and by all signs of it has already started. I'd like to see you endure everything that he has, and still achieve what he has.
    I give the man credit for getting through everything. I just would have avoided the whole situation if I was Buddy come draft day. It sucks for the guy, but you are investing a lot of money into him with a very high opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    I can accept it as an excuse, but there are also plenty of cases in professional sports where a tragedy had the opposite effect on a players performance and they took their game to a whole other level.

Dareus isn't a bust yet, but he really needs to explode onto the scene next year. As a #3 overall pick we needed him to be an elite player, not just a good or solid player. Anything less and he's a bust.
    Everyone reacts to things differently. He's on the precipice of becoming a star player. People are frustrated because so many of his peers in that Draft are already All Pro's(Watt, Aldon, Miller).

What do you mean really??

Everything needs to be factored in when drafting a player that high. There were players with equal to more talent that we have drafted in Peterson or Green. If I knew everything about Dareus there is no way I would have picked him. I will take the player with equal talent where you won't have to worry about the outside events.
    You're right. Dareus should have disclosed his knowledge of his brothers previously scheduled murder during his workout prior to the draft. Shame on him.
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

If the off season and training camp determined the Super Bowl winners for that year.....the Dolphins would have 7 rings.

You're right. Dareus should have disclosed his knowledge of his brothers previously scheduled murder during his workout prior to the draft. Shame on him.
    during the 2013 combine, players will be required to meet with fortune tellers as part of their evaluation.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

I give the man credit for getting through everything. I just would have avoided the whole situation if I was Buddy come draft day. It sucks for the guy, but you are investing a lot of money into him with a very high opportunity cost.
    But that's the draft basically is, high risk high reward. Looking back and hindsight is always 20/20 he was and still is the safest pick IMO at that spot.

sig by Slinkcsubacca

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis16 View Post
    But that's the draft basically is, high risk high reward. Looking back and hindsight is always 20/20 he was and still is the safest pick IMO at that spot.
    Um no Peterson was with AJ Green second. Drafting a DT that high is always risky.

It was all the other deaths and him being a father to all his siblings now.

Um no Peterson was with AJ Green second. Drafting a DT that high is always risky.
    isn't it considered far less risky than a wr or cb? i was always under the understanding that dt were a relatively safe pick.

ok so a corner that is more of a return guy than a cover guy and a receiver that we have no quarterback to throw him the ball. I'm still taking the DT

sig by Slinkcsubacca

Great read. Thanks for posting. Really have to feel for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    isn't it considered far less risky than a wr or cb? i was always under the understanding that dt were a relatively safe pick.
    Absolutely not. When GB drafting Raji 9 in 2009 it was considered high for a middle d lineman. They just don't produce enough and the their whole career you are asking if it was worth it to take someone that high. Then Suh came and changed the game. IMO taking a player with that little impact is just not a good investment.

I couldn't even begin to comprehend the life he had lived. The guy needs close friends and family close to him, life is more important than football.

I never hated on Dareus this year, I'm glad he is starting to move on. He's a much stronger guy than I am.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Isn't DT about the least risky position to draft?
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Absolutely not. When GB drafting Raji 9 in 2009 it was considered high for a middle d lineman. They just don't produce enough and the their whole career you are asking if it was worth it to take someone that high. Then Suh came and changed the game. IMO taking a player with that little impact is just not a good investment.
    so because they don't have big stat lines, they're not as critical as other positions? i'm not sure where you're even going with this. i also remember green having huge question marks about his character if i'm not mistaken, (which i may be). if we didn't pick dareus, he would have gone 4 or 5. at one point i remember him being talked about as the first overall pick. it's not worth playing the we could have taken game.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    yeah...i don't think he's very good at posting.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    Hell no. That would be longsnapper.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    yeah...i don't think he's very good at posting.
    Sheesh. The part about not drafting him because a few people close to him has died? More like "Draft his ***, because he's had every reason to quit, but hasn't."

And Wien, you are correct. Long snapper. Either you can or you can't. Unless you had an aunt die back in the early 90s, then you are undraftable, IMO.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot