Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still think Dareus doesn't have an excuse for his dip in production?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    It was all the other deaths and him being a father to all his siblings now.
    I would think that would make him appear morally and ethically mature given he turned his life around. But hey, they all can't be Plexico's or Rothlisbergers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Love those in your life, one day, they will be gone.
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

Dareus has been the 3rd best player on the defense the past 5 weeks. Good to see him turning his season around. Guy has been through a lot.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    yeah...i don't think he's very good at posting.
    No. I dont believe so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Love those in your life, one day, they will be gone.
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

ibhappy will enjoy reading this...about as much as he would enjoy rolling around in shards of broken glass, then taking a bath in Tabasco sauce. I'll name the certain poster. Not a call out. Seriously, anyone that thinks Dareus is a bust is a joke. Other atheletes may have had tragedies happen, and then play lights out the next game, but this KID has been dealing with tragedies his entire life. I read the prospect articles CB posted before the 2011 draft, and none hit me harder than the one about Dareus. I instantly was praying the Broncos would pass on him. Miller may be racking up sacks, but I'm still thrilled to have Marcel in Buffalo. I need a jersey for next Sunday's game, and I'm hoping the shop at the flea market still has that #99 blue.

Absolutely not. When GB drafting Raji 9 in 2009 it was considered high for a middle d lineman. They just don't produce enough and the their whole career you are asking if it was worth it to take someone that high. Then Suh came and changed the game. IMO taking a player with that little impact is just not a good investment.
    You might want to go to 1991 when the first overall draft pick was a Defensive Tackle...Russell Maryland.
    You might want to take a look at 1990 in which Cortez Kennedy was drafted #3 overall.

Suh or Raji didn't change anything.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Ib is avoiding any positive Dareus articles that totally disprove anything he has tried to protest about.

Surprised he isn't in front of OBD with a cut Dareus sign and billboards all over Buffalo saying "Did you know Dareus business partner didn't know his brother of another name? He must be a bust!"

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    What exactly is a 'jabroni answer'?

All I said was the truth, there are many athletes that have responded well to adversity/tradegies.....and there are many that don't.

In the end the guy is human and football doesn't matter, but he definitely needs to produce next year or we're in trouble.
    If you don't know what a jabroni is, you've likely been acting like one your entire life without realizing it. You'd better look into it, glad I could help a brother out.
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

Good read. I knew the guy wasn't playing well because of his brother's death.

I can tell you by personal experience that is hard to lose someone. I lost my sister 14 years ago and it was hard to do anything at the time your heart aches, you don't have the energy or emotion to do anything and you just want to lay down and stay away from anyone. There isn't a single day that passes by that I don't remember her and I always will also the pain will never go away I wish I could see her grow up, getting married, having kids and spend time with her.

One of the biggest lessons I learned from that is to live your life to the fullest.

For Dareus it was probably 1,000,000 times worst than me because you don't want to be reminded of the tragedy constantly and you also have to deal with fans that sometimes are not very nice towards players.
    Bills fan since the 90'S it all begin with tecmo super bowl...

hes been playing a lot better the past few weeks
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

how about
    he has had all of this tragedy and hardship in his life at such a young age... and STILL has overcome .. to be an elite defensive player on one of the best College Football Schools in the country, and then to be rated and drafted into the NFL in the top 5. Isn't that a proven track record of being able to overcome and rise up?

So many people cite Patrick Peterson... If you actually watch his play instead of conforming to with joe blow football analyst, his corner play this year has been average. Not to mention 3 fumbles on the year with VERY limited touches (kickoffs and punt returns)
    "Yeah I'm pissed. I'm gunna use that energy. I'm gunna go home, I'm not gunna talk to anybody, ya know... I'm just gunna shut it down. I'm gunna be by myself.
    I'm not gunna pet my dog.
    I'm gunna get fired up. I'm gunna come to work tomorrow, I'm gunna watch the film. Be a pro. I'm gunna be a man. We're gunna work, and get ready to go."
    Doug Marrone

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSuperBowlParade View Post
    If you don't know what a jabroni is, you've likely been acting like one your entire life without realizing it. You'd better look into it, glad I could help a brother out.
    You're at least the same age as me and you're still a fan of The Rock. People in glass houses and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

<Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>

What exactly is a 'jabroni answer'?

All I said was the truth, there are many athletes that have responded well to adversity/tradegies.....and there are many that don't.

In the end the guy is human and football doesn't matter, but he definitely needs to produce next year or we're in trouble.
    Favre and his father dying, coming out and having one of the greatest MNF performances of all time.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, is it possible to declare some of the posters "busts "?
    Keep the faith and don't forget to flush .

....whether some of you want to admit it or not Marcel has suffered greatly this year and for him to do what he's done this season is amazing....he will bounce back mentally next season and be the monster we drafted.....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSuperBowlParade View Post
    I stopped watching wrestling years ago.....but like I said, I can except the situation this year. But if Dareus continues to be inconsistent and only shows up for a few games next year he's a bust and nobody can use his family members deaths as an excuse.

being a huge bama fan i already knew this info about dareus. dareus is a solid player and an unselfish player too who brings veteran leadership to this defense !

Absolutely not. When GB drafting Raji 9 in 2009 it was considered high for a middle d lineman. They just don't produce enough and the their whole career you are asking if it was worth it to take someone that high. Then Suh came and changed the game. IMO taking a player with that little impact is just not a good investment.
    ? Changed the game?

Had a great rookie season, check. He's a good player, check. Easily a top 10 interior defensive player in the NFL, check. The only way we could say he changed the game is if that includes taking your team from worst to average.

When my father died I had three days leave and it was back to work. You have an obligation to your employer. You suck it up and do what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    When my father died I had three days leave and it was back to work. You have an obligation to your employer. You suck it up and do what you have to do.
    Oh, IB Trolly
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

<Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>

throwback

I can accept it as an excuse, but there are also plenty of cases in professional sports where a tragedy had the opposite effect on a players performance and they took their game to a whole other level.

Dareus isn't a bust yet, but he really needs to explode onto the scene next year. As a #3 overall pick we needed him to be an elite player, not just a good or solid player. Anything less and he's a bust.
    you truly are the number one on the list of the total ******* club of the board.

karma will be welcome in your life and it wont be good karma kid

as for the story, wow. that was painful to read and I feel for # 99