Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The team is better in all regards

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Learn football View Post
    But you can't say we didn't,because we didn't try. I would like to be watching a first round qb the last 3 years and if he failed at least we tried. I would rather be 15 in 30 with a first rounder then a qb who shouldn't even be in the league
    No you wouldn't. If we gave up picks to move up and draft a flop, you would have been right here, whining about how they gave up all those picks for the flop and how much we suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Love those in your life, one day, they will be gone.
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    Thats exactly what happened to Clausen in Carolina..... your number 1- go make it happen.
    David Carr too. Tim Couch. All highly regarded. All drafted by teams with zero talent around them. All unable to do it themselves.

The core was there for Big Ben. It was there for Brady. It was there for Rivers. The only great QB that was drafted by a team in shambles, with any success, off the top of my head is Peyton. There are probably more, but it's certainly far from normal.
    Owner of the BBSFL's Black Rock Skyhawks, est. 2011.

You build with your offensive and defensive lines. And a quarterback. Our offensive line has been above average the last 2 years. I know we have a quick passing game ,so it does hide flaws. PLEASE, THE BILLS ARE A PERFECT TEAM FOR A YOUNG QB, ABOVE AVERAGE LINE AND A GREAT RUNNING BACK. THEN YOU RUN 25 to 30 times a game. You have a very good d line,if they were allowed to stunt and blitz....we should not have taken Gilmore or Williams.. One of those should of been a qb...then you build out. Get him a number one receiver and your offense is almost set..then go to defense and start at linebacker...if you pressure the qb,your 3 rd ,4th rounde defensive backs become better

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Matrix View Post
    David Carr too. Tim Couch. All highly regarded. All drafted by teams with zero talent around them. All unable to do it themselves.

The core was there for Big Ben. It was there for Brady. It was there for Rivers. The only great QB that was drafted by a team in shambles, with any success, off the top of my head is Peyton. There are probably more, but it's certainly far from normal.
    Right....most of the time, when you toss them to the wolves, your destroy their ability to adjust to the NFL.... QB is the hardest position to draft. It can be the greatest thing, or another waste of time.
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

Nick,stop Carr and couch had no offensive lines and no running game. Do you see if we had a rookie qb. Spiller would be running 20 to 25 a game and Jackson 10 times a game...ball control...watch,Seattle,San Fran,Cincinnati,guys it is easy

Its interesting, what do Kaepernick, Dalton, and Russell Wilson have in common? They all play on a teams with top 10 defenses.

Gabbert has the 31st ranked D, Locker the 27th ranked D, Tannehill the 19th ranked D, Weeden the 23rd ranked D,

Your arguments are building my case...I will even go one step further.. We have better players on offense then San Fran...our line is just as good,Davis better then chandler, but chandler is serviceable. Johnson and Crabtree different types,but rather have Johnson.. And look,then you would be able to concentrate in draft or free agent for that number one receiver.imagine Wilson or kaepernick here. We would need only two positions on offense

Nick,stop Carr and couch had no offensive lines and no running game. Do you see if we had a rookie qb. Spiller would be running 20 to 25 a game and Jackson 10 times a game...ball control...watch,Seattle,San Fran,Cincinnati,guys it is easy
    You can only ball control if your defense stops people. The defense is starting to stop people finally, but our coach has yet to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Its interesting, what do Kaepernick, Dalton, and Russell Wilson have in common? They all play on a teams with top 10 defenses.

Gabbert has the 31st ranked D, Locker the 27th ranked D, Tannehill the 19th ranked D, Weeden the 23rd ranked D,
    This right here. Enough said.

better at what? not football!
    Bills fan since 1964
    Bills fan forever!!

Da bills you are right you need a defense,but the bills are set up perfectly on offense for a rookie qb. Get that number one receiver and a tackle..offense Is set...and you only need two linebackers on defense ,a corner and move Williams to safety.....

Your arguments are building my case...I will even go one step further.. We have better players on offense then San Fran...our line is just as good,Davis better then chandler, but chandler is serviceable. Johnson and Crabtree different types,but rather have Johnson.. And look,then you would be able to concentrate in draft or free agent for that number one receiver.imagine Wilson or kaepernick here. We would need only two positions on offense
    Our arguments are not strengthening your case- you see....had we drafted a QB last year, the year before or the year before trading up to get them- we wouldn't have the talent that you are screaming that we need in order to have a good foundation for a young QB. Do you see where you are now? Right where we are today.

If wannstedt was wade phillips( defense coordinator,not head coach) the bills would be around 10 th in defense...merriman would be rushing from linebacker on Williams side and we would be blitzing and stunting and creating havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by nealpellecchia View Post
    Maybe it does take more time. We do have a lot of good guys on the roster like Nigel and Carrington,etc, picks that are stocking the team for the future that Buddy has found both for the bench and as starters. This and the obvious better known guys says a lot. Mario HAS come around. I mean we almost win a lot! We should be 8-5 and close. But even if we had won those games we would still be shaky at this point. The question is whether the ideal Gailey offense is still worth shooting for. It seems as if it's not real football at times. It's like Fitz is throwing darts at playing cards on the field. And the run game despite a lot of sparkle isn't as good as Lynch is in Seattle.
    win column the last three years states otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    Gailey wouldn't be in the NFL if OBD didn't hire him.
    Precisely!!!!

If wannstedt was wade phillips( defense coordinator,not head coach) the bills would be around 10 th in defense...merriman would be rushing from linebacker on Williams side and we would be blitzing and stunting and creating havoc.
    Merriman would still be unable to stay healthy for extended periods of time......

DIESEL..sorry your wrong..we moved up to draft to graham,what a joke..Russell Wilson was drafted after him in the 3 rd round..go read bleacher report today. Gailey said the bills were interested and didn't do it.. Funny Seattle paid huge money for Matt Flynn and still drafted Wilson. Because they gambled on Flynn and in case he didn't work out,they had another option. We took aaron Williams before kaepernick, so the only guy we lose off the team is Williams,who definetly not a cornerback

Didn't Leslie Fraizer want the coaching position? I seem to remember his name.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    Didn't Leslie Fraizer want the coaching position? I seem to remember his name.
    Has he been lighting the league on fire in Minnesota? I seem to remember him drafting Ponder...who has a worse YPA than Adrian Peterson.

Mull that around for a second.
    Owner of the BBSFL's Black Rock Skyhawks, est. 2011.

Has he been lighting the league on fire in Minnesota? I seem to remember him drafting Ponder...who has a worse YPA than Adrian Peterson.

Mull that around for a second.
    well, he's 7-6, not 5-8, and Fitz's YPA is at the bottom of the league, so it might be a wash with Fraizer being a little better.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom