Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kelly: The Bills are not going anywhere

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    Just because they aren't discussing the issues openly so that everyone that doesn't matter can know about it, doesn't mean they aren't talking about it. We are not privy to information about the transactions as some would like to pretend we are. So yes, you will believe it when you see it....because there is a pretty good chance they wont be holding public meet and greets to discuss the business prior to a finalized release made public. I know I haven't received the RSVP invitation yet.
    yea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNittanyLion View Post
    http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/1...going-anywhere

Good video interview with Jim, who brings up the point that Roger Goodell would not let the Bills leave WNY.
    Put the stadium in Pegulaville right after Pegula and Kellys group byes the Bills. That is what i truly believe will happen.

build a walmart on one bills drive.

Quote Originally Posted by NortherVABillsfan View Post
    The problems with estates arise when family members/friends DON'T talk about the estate when that person is alive. As morbid as it sounds, too much can happen after a person dies he said she said, etc.. Unless it is specifically spelled out in Ralph's will/estate, this is going to be a nightmare scenario for Bills fans. My point has always been, why all of the secrecy on both sides (potential investors and on Ralph's side). Ralph owes that much to the fans that have supported this team for the last 50 some years.
    I am positive they've talked about it. That's why we know the family doesn't want the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCody View Post
    I am positive they've talked about it. That's why we know the family doesn't want the team.
    yea they want to build a walmart.

I hope Jim is right about the Bills staying here.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    lightly place your hand on my back, and whisper the news in my ear when it finally happens.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings.

My guess is that if Ralph were to show his cards too soon, it would drive down any bargaining for a higher sale. I don't know the ins and outs of the transaction process, but I'm pretty sure there's a hefty estate tax involved, and releasing any significant information could essentially "cost" millions in some way, shape, or form. Selling any product is a business move, and the bottom line, for any business, IS the bottom line. It all comes down to money in the end.I haven't been on the "Bills will leave" wagon for some time. Too many other teams have far worse issues than the Bills (believe it or not) to make me worry. SD, OAK, MIN, STL, JAX all have their fair share of issues, whether it be ticket sales, stadium concerns, profitability, etc. I heard an interview with Al Michaels a few weeks back (I think it was with Dan Patrick), and the conversation of a team in LA was discussed. All of the above mentioned teams were talked about briefly as potential teams to relocate. The Bills were never discussed or even mentioned as a possibility. I know Al Michaels has no say in who does what, but he does provide an "inside" point of view. Take it FWIWAs far as a new stadium goes, that would just be icing on the cake. A new stadium would be a huge benefit to the Buffalo area, especially if they find a way to put in the city limits. Lakeside, or close to it, would be a thing of beauty, as renovations have already begun in that area. Because it has already begun, it may be too late to factor in a stadium there. In the end, a new stadium is not a requirement, IMO, bbut may be just as difficult, if not easier, than refurbishing the Ralph for a half the cost.
    Last edited by sfischer; 12-13-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    ***2013-2014 ADOPT-A-BILL***: KEITH RIVERS

Sorry, won't let me edit my post into paragraphs. No flaming needed.
    ***2013-2014 ADOPT-A-BILL***: KEITH RIVERS

Lol. When I read the thread title, I thought that was open criticism of Gailey and Nix's work.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCody View Post
    Jimbo is my man
    Subtle.

Elegant.

Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".

Ralph's made it clear: The franchise will go to the highest bidder.

To me that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement from Ralph that he really cares about what happens with the team after he dies. I mean if he wanted the Bills to stay in Buffalo, why not go ahead and get a plan in place with Kelly or someone else and not have to worry about the team ever leaving? Instead, it's been nothing but hush-hush when it comes to the teams future. This not knowing of what's in store for the franchise is doing nothing but hurting the franchise. Just look at all the coaches that turned us down in the past because they weren't confident in where the franchise would be in 10 years.

I think people want to make themselves believe that Ralph has a plan in place to keep them here, and if so, why keep it so secret? If it turns into a bidding war between billionaires, it could get ugly.
    **Doug Whaley Supporter**

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    its nice to hear that jim knows guys and groups of guys who have the money and interest to make a run at buying the bills and keeping them in WNY
    Sounds good, will believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post

To me that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement from Ralph that he really cares about what happens with the team after he dies. I mean if he wanted the Bills to stay in Buffalo, why not go ahead and get a plan in place with Kelly or someone else and not have to worry about the team ever leaving? Instead, it's been nothing but hush-hush when it comes to the teams future. This not knowing of what's in store for the franchise is doing nothing but hurting the franchise. Just look at all the coaches that turned us down in the past because they weren't confident in where the franchise would be in 10 years.

I think people want to make themselves believe that Ralph has a plan in place to keep them here, and if so, why keep it so secret? If it turns into a bidding war between billionaires, it could get ugly.
    Why would Jimbo say any of this if he did not know anything about the future of the Bills. He has a huge name in WNY, would he take the chance and ruin that?
    And why do some fans think thet need to know everything about the organization. Ofcourse they are going to keep this hush hush to the normal joe fan. I am sure the people that need to know about the future of the Bills, know it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    The Mod is a complete jackass. Keeps asking not to insult anyone. He is an embarrasment shooting his mouth off!
    I really wish we understood each other.

Anyone else think Jim will be in control of the Bills?
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaista2k View Post
    Almost hard to care about this considering the current state of the franchise.
    That is kind of how I feel about you.

Almost hard to care about what you say, considering the quality of your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills View Post
    Manning won the National Championship against Auburn, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by skudz View Post
    Anyone else think Jim will be in control of the Bills?
    no, I highly doubt he'd have a John Elway role with the team

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post

I agree with you that Ralph likely doesn't care if they stay in Buffalo or not. However, I think the reason he hasn't made a plan with Jim is because if he did that, it would take away his ability to hold the city hostage like he has numerous times. It really is pretty simple, if he wants it to go to the highest bidder, he wants to maximize the payday for the estate. If he had a deal with Kelly right now, he couldn't play the, well our ticket sales are really down so there is a possibilty of moving, which fuels many in Buffalo and the surrounding environs to buy tickets for an inferior product out of fear.

I also think Kelly not getting into specifics has more to do with his respect for Wilson. I think the thought of going into too many details about him wheeling and detailing in anticiption of a guy dying bugs him a bit. Think about it, all this planning is based around a guy Dying! It is kind of morbid.

For me, until a deal is done that shows me they are staying I will believe it when I see it. I do find this story encouraging though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills View Post
    Manning won the National Championship against Auburn, try again.

Correct me here...

The only heir of Ralph who showed interest in keeping the team died around 2006.

Ralph was content with pennies on the available dollar of profit and rewarded Bills fans with laughably low ticket prices for decades, a joke for cost in club seats, and no seating licenses.

The Estate will sell to the highest bidder, minimal sentimentality will play into the sale.

The next ownership will be a corporate-interest, highly-leveraged machine, that will require a much higher rate of return.

As such they'll have to bring in seating licenses for the entire lower bowl, triple or more ticket prices and implement real executive suites.

Buffalo just cannot handle the metrics of the modern NFL under the next owner group.

Would love to see the team stay here, don't want it in Toronto, but that's the way it goes.