Thread: Marcus Easley=Stevie Johnson 2.0?

idea Marcus Easley=Stevie Johnson 2.0?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I remember people on this board saying how great Stevie was

Never heard of the guy, thought he was a total joke

Then he broke out one year, and now he is our #1 guy

I see Marcus Easley in the same position

If we give marcus a chance, maybe we will strike gold again with a WR

except maybe Marcus will catch TD passes instead of dropping them, jk

Why so Serious?

I remember back in 2008 in his rookie year, he was simply making "key" plays in games, and showed great athleticism in the very limited amount of time he was in. That's why I believed in him. I don't see that with Easely. He's not the route runner Stevie is.

Well, the coaching staff seems to love Ruvell Martin.... Was surprised Easley was inactive last week...

Another guy that should see a lot of playing time from here on out, just to see what we have. No excuses, now.

Let's hope you are wrong.

Johnson may be the best receiver on the worst receiving corp in the NFL, however, he isn't a top 25 receiver in this league.

We need a true #1 WR, a difference maker, someone who we can depend upon in the clutch, who runs more than 5 yard routes and can be counted on to catch the ball.

We need someone with a positive attitude who knows how to keep his mouth shut. Someone who cares about the team first not themselves.

Besides. Easley has done nothing in three years, he more than likely will not even be on the roster next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Otishawk View Post
    Let's hope you are wrong.

Johnson may be the best receiver on the worst receiving corp in the NFL, however, he isn't a top 25 receiver in this league.

We need a true #1 WR, a difference maker, someone who we can depend upon in the clutch, who runs more than 5 yard routes and can be counted on to catch the ball.

We need someone with a positive attitude who knows how to keep his mouth shut. Someone who cares about the team first not themselves.

Besides. Easley has done nothing in three years, he more than likely will not even be on the roster next season.
    Lol ... I cant wait to see what sj can do with a qb who can throw. Gives me goosebumps

The lack of seeing Easley on the field is what this teams focus is lost on non essential players. Come on.........Ruvell Martin (gunner), Brad Smith (wildcat). How many catches do these two aces have. It doesn't have anything to do with our fantastic QB. These guys just can't get open. Just like Donald Jones. Before his heart problem, I remember Marcus catching passes (and scoring). Now returning kicks, and being sucessful. He has 4.40 speed with good hands. Him not seeing the field, is just another mistake from leadership. Everyone on this board who has said " I've seen nothing from him", is caught up in the overall problem with our head coach. Why are the Bills not going to the playoffs?.................

Quote Originally Posted by stormin View Post
    The lack of seeing Easley on the field is what this teams focus is lost on non essential players. Come on.........Ruvell Martin (gunner), Brad Smith (wildcat). How many catches do these two aces have. It doesn't have anything to do with our fantastic QB. These guys just can't get open. Just like Donald Jones. Before his heart problem, I remember Marcus catching passes (and scoring). Now returning kicks, and being sucessful. He has 4.40 speed with good hands. Him not seeing the field, is just another mistake from leadership. Everyone on this board who has said " I've seen nothing from him", is caught up in the overall problem with our head coach. Why are the Bills not going to the playoffs?.................
    Agree completely. This staff has a problm evaluating talent on offense and getting the good young players playing time. Graham would still be sitting out if Nelson had not gotten hurt. There is no reason that Ruvell Martin should be on this team and taking time away from Easley. It looks as though Wanny is playing the young guys on defense since we see so much of Searcy instead of Wilson and they decided to go with Bradham and Kyle Moore(because of injury).
    It is time to get rid of the old marginally productive players. Look at the defensive improvement since Kelsay has been out. The offense has performed much better when CJ is the feature back. Everyone can see it except for Chan.

We will never know since Chan will not put him on the field. Hell his very first touch of the football was a really good kick off return and he made another huge play later in that game....and he was rewarded by being deactivated the next week. He needs to be given a chance. At this point in the season, what is stopping Chan from playing him?

It may be false hope, but I do have hope for Easley. I just want to see him be given a real chance in real games. If he is a failure, then let him SHOW it to us. Don't just let him sit on the bench.
    Official hater of the Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks, and Jay "Stupid Face" Cutler.

Easley should be on the field for a handful of plays every game. This then begs the question of why the HC does not use his highest potential players on a regular basis...
    "I am a river to my people"

VMA 331 2nd Marine Air Wing Cherry Point NC Retired.

Easley was cut & no team picked him up. Steve Johnson never got close to being cut. Big difference. Also, Johnson had quality WRs ahead of him like Evans & Owens and even Reed & Parrish were better at the time than the guys ahead of Easley. Other teams had no interest in bringing Easley in to see what he can do & judging from his playing time since he came back to the 53 man roster, he's not showing enough in practice to get playing time. Sometimes a bust is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by old timer View Post
    Easley was cut & no team picked him up. Steve Johnson never got close to being cut. Big difference. Also, Johnson had quality WRs ahead of him like Evans & Owens and even Reed & Parrish were better at the time than the guys ahead of Easley. Other teams had no interest in bringing Easley in to see what he can do & judging from his playing time since he came back to the 53 man roster, he's not showing enough in practice to get playing time. Sometimes a bust is a bust.
    Quality in Reed and Parrish? When was the last time Ruvell Martin "made a play"? Stevie was treated like he was a 7th round pick for almost 2 years. I'll bet you that Easley is still playing ouy his rookie contract. His "release" was just a way to move him and hang on to him. I don't care what anyone says, it should be Stevie on one side, Easley on the other, with Graham in the slot. Oh Yeah, lets have T. Jack taking snaps too. Wouldn't hurt a darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk20 View Post
    Well, the coaching staff seems to love Ruvell Martin.... Was surprised Easley was inactive last week...
    Gotta have that ST gunner

Best Fans in the NFL

2013 Adopt-A-Bill: Mario Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    Gotta have that ST gunner
    When Marcus played 2 weeks ago, he was making tackles on special teams. And he looked quite excited to be there. Come on............ Brad Smith? He's a novelty that has not worked. Remember all the Wildcat talk. You don't make a NFL team just to be a gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by stormin View Post
    The Bills are not making the playoffs because of Gailey and Pickspanick.

I think he's more of a Marcus Easley 1.0.

In other words, severely average.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.