Thread: Nix And Chan Need To Stay......At Least Another Year Or So. Hear Me Out.

lecture Nix And Chan Need To Stay......At Least Another Year Or So. Hear Me Out.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Look I'm just as furious as you are but I'm telling ya this constant turn over every 3 years is a sure way to keep loosing. The main gripe I have with Chan is the whole Spiller debacle,it's maddening that Spiller does not get the ball more. But Chan can't help that Fritz has a noodle arm and sucks, Fitz is clearly a career back up and nothing more. But look at all the teams that have stability and continuity they for the most part don't change coaches every 3 years like we do.

This is by no means an endorsement of Chan and Nix but to want complete change every 3 years is crazy people. Look at every coach that comes outta no where and gets a crappy team good. John nFox Carolina back in 04 I think gone fired and in Denver. Look at Smith in ATL what will happen to him if he does not get it done in the ATL? Look at Harbaugh and the mess he's created in SF with the QB situation. All I'm saying is that to say we need this"guy" or why didn't we hire this "guy" is all irrelevant. Our overriding problem is Ralph, is sucks and is inept.

But I do like the O, i have no problem with the O. I think Chan just needs a QB and he clearly does not have a good QB. Again I'm just saying we need to give Chan a short leash here and Nix and see what they can do with another year(possibly 2).

You can't argue that Nix hasn't upgraded this team talent wise since he arrived but he does need to hit one out of the park in this years draft. I' just as ticked off as everyone else on here at OBD but I'm just tired of this constituent turn over with the Bills it's not a good way and a healthy way to run an NFL team. In my humble opinion.

I say this with a heavy heart too cause I'm a die hard since 1983 and am just tired of the comments from other fans and the constant let down year in and year out by week 8 of the season knowing the Bills are once again gonna miss the playoffs. If they don't draft a QB in the 1st od 2nd round of this years draft OR go hard after a FA QB then I'm with everyone else that says boot'em out! Until then thought we need to stick with them.

The D is playing better and with some real LB's they will only get better, and I do think the O has had issues with staying healthy and the QB play hasn't really helped the team. I think at times the play calling is bad but wonder how much of that is to protect a weak armed QB, I'll also say this, I've heard a lot of comments about Fitz and his decision making and how he's smart and makes great decisions. Well I haven't seen that at all from him.

I'm all for trying to build something long term and not this every 3 years bring in a new system crap.

2014 Mock
    1. OT Jake Matthews - Texas A&M
    2. TE Troy Niklas - Notre Dame
    3. DE Kareem Martin - North Carolina
    4. QB A.J. McCarron - Alabama
    5. CB Terrance Mitchell - Oregon
    6. Traded to Tampa for Mike Williams
    7. G - Spencer Long - Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykoop View Post
    Look I'm just as furious as you are but I'm telling ya this constant turn over every 3 years is a sure way to keep loosing. The main gripe I have with Chan is the whole Spiller debacle,it's maddening that Spiller does not get the ball more. But Chan can't help that Fritz has a noodle arm and sucks, Fitz is clearly a career back up and nothing more. But look at all the teams that have stability and continuity they for the most part don't change coaches every 3 years like we do.

This is by no means an endorsement of Chan and Nix but to want complete change every 3 years is crazy people. Look at every coach that comes outta no where and gets a crappy team good. John nFox Carolina back in 04 I think gone fired and in Denver. Look at Smith in ATL what will happen to him if he does not get it done in the ATL? Look at Harbaugh and the mess he's created in SF with the QB situation. All I'm saying is that to say we need this"guy" or why didn't we hire this "guy" is all irrelevant. Our overriding problem is Ralph, is sucks and is inept.

But I do like the O, i have no problem with the O. I think Chan just needs a QB and he clearly does not have a good QB. Again I'm just saying we need to give Chan a short leash here and Nix and see what they can do with another year(possibly 2).

You can't argue that Nix hasn't upgraded this team talent wise since he arrived but he does need to hit one out of the park in this years draft. I' just as ticked off as everyone else on here at OBD but I'm just tired of this constituent turn over with the Bills it's not a good way and a healthy way to run an NFL team. In my humble opinion.

I say this with a heavy heart too cause I'm a die hard since 1983 and am just tired of the comments from other fans and the constant let down year in and year out by week 8 of the season knowing the Bills are once again gonna miss the playoffs. If they don't draft a QB in the 1st od 2nd round of this years draft OR go hard after a FA QB then I'm with everyone else that says boot'em out! Until then thought we need to stick with them.
    Your post is 99.99% wrong.

Gailey can help that Fitz has a noodle arm. By taking the ball out of his hands. Or, god forbid, at some point over the last 3 years, replacing him.

Gailey chooses to keep Spiller on the sideline and throw 50 times a game. Even in close games.

Gailey chooses to not kick game winning field goals from 50 yards. If Lindell can't hit them, Gailey chose to keep Lindell.

Gailey fails to manage the clock, timeouts, and basic football operations during the game. IE, Bills get the ball with 49 seconds left at their own 10 against Indy. Call 2 pass plays, go 3 and out, take 3 seconds off the clock, give Indy a free field goal in a close game. Calling pass plays up 4 inside the 2 minute warning against Tennessee. He bungles basic football things during games. Period.

The turnover isn't why the Bills have sucked. It's because they've habitually chosen bad coaches. Continuity in the name of continuity with a guy who is clearly in over his head is not the answer.

Harbough messed up a QB situation? How so? His team is in first place in their division and winning games. Maybe a little turmoil, sure, but they're still going to be the playoffs each of his first 2 years, something Gailey couldn't achieve once in 3 years.

15-30 record, and after this Seahawks game, 15-31 and probably another blowout.

As far as the team being more talented since Nix got here, not really. Most of the players starting and producing were here already. Fitz, Jackson, Byrd, Stevie, Wood, Levitre, McKelvin, Kyle, Wilson, etc. The only thing Nix added worth a **** is Spiller and Mario, but he also gave away Lynch for free, and Lynch, bottom line, has outproduced Spiller.

You are 100% wrong. Although I think they don't need a total restart. Just move from Nix to Whaley and hire a new coaching staff, one that will stick with the 4-3 on defense and reboot the offense completely around Spiller. Not that complicated.

100% important, so important that it deserves it's own thread

I'm with you. This total overhaul every 3-4 years is not the way to go. They need continuity, but even more so they need more talent. IMO Nix has done a decent job of improving the talent level overall during this past 3 years and the current state of the team shows more of how bad the talent level was prior to Nix being named GM than it does about the job he has done so far.
    Gailey too IMO has not done that bad of a job. The Spiller debacle as you say is the most disturbing thing, but I believe this is the result of having two better than average/great RB's and trying to treat them as equals. Personally, I don't recall any other NFL team that has done that. One has to be the starter and the other his backup, plain and simple. CJ needs to be the starter and get the majority of the plays/touches including in the red zone and on definite passing downs. Fred should be the backup and only see limited plays unless they put both of them on the field at the same time more. Given FJ's age and injuries this season I am confident this is how Gailey will run things next year assuming Jackson is still on the roster which I dearly hope so.
    Like you said Gailey is definitely fighting to make this offense consistent, but is doing so with one arm tied behind his back due to the limitations of his QB. Earlier in his tenure here it was the OL he primarily had to compensate for, but that is not the case now when they are all healthy that is. Fitz's inability to be a deep ball threat is severely handicapping this offense. Chan's unwavering support of Fitz is somewhat understandable when you realize he has no other options so what else is he supposed to do.
    I definitely think these two and the rest of the staff need at least one more year to be able to show some significant progress in the right direction. More QB, LB and WR talent needs to be added and then used properly along with the players currently on the roster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykoop View Post
    Look I'm just as furious as you are but I'm telling ya this constant turn over every 3 years is a sure way to keep loosing.
    They are better people in this league than Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix.

Buddy Nix was chosen because Ralph "knew" him and didn't know the other people when Russ and him "scanned a list of names".

So the entire selection process was a joke to begin with. Nix interviewed against John Guy (the failed Pro Personnel man from the previous regime) and that's the only 2 people who were considered.

Gailey has never won anything is his career and has been fired everywhere he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedbuffaloblue View Post
    I'm with you. This total overhaul every 3-4 years is not the way to go. They need continuity, but even more so they need more talent.
    Gailey has had 3 years to develop Spiller, 3 years!!!

Nix and Gailey have both said numerous times that Fitzpatrick is the QB of the Future, the Franchise guy and have gone out their way to insure there is no competition.

Gailey has been a terrible coach. He has no control or understanding of the defense, he continues to pass-pass-pass, mismanages the clock, is stuck in the 1950's in football philosophy and frankly is not good enough.

If our goal is to WIN a Super Bowl, let alone get to the Playoffs once, Nix, Gailey and Fitzpatrick need to go.

Passively sticking with Gailey is 2009 all over again. He is a failure, he doesn't out coach anyone.

This season proved we don't have the right staff to get the job done.

I'm sorry, but this is B.S. & it's the same company line that Nix & Chan would rather you believe to secure their jobs...

Who says getting a new HC & QB won't work? Look @ the 49ers. Harbaugh inherits virtually the same roster as Singletary & these guys are making their 2nd str8 playoff appearance. Look @ Indy. Tampa Bay has looked better with Schiano as their HC.

I don't care what they spew, this team is 5-8 for a reason. Don't be surprised if we end the season on a 4 game skid & end up 5-11. How much more time do we need to waste before we realize this isn't the route? Wasting another year on the same foolishness is NOT the answer.

Change is.