Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nix: Time is now to move for QB in draft

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by BuffCity916 View Post
    Still needed tomshorenup the middle of the def line and Dareus was a greatpick where he was. A kings ransome to beat out the Deadskins would not have out this team back. Look at how Shanahan made it work this season.

QB driven league with rule changes and with the way this team picks , it's not like a 5th rounder at CB or LB would be any worse than whiffing on one in the 1 st or 2 nd round.
    Washington tentatively made that deal close to after the end of the season. Second was the position of washingtons pick versus where we picked. It cost washington less then it would have cost us because we had a later draft pick. It would have cost us about 4 first rounders coupled with some second rounders to beat out washington. This is not madden football where you can do anything you want. This is real life. We would not have any significant draft choices for the next 4 years. Having RG3 would be great but at the cost of not being able to improve your team anywhere is not worth it. This team still needs a lot of holes filled. Its a little easier to trade up 1 seasons worth of drafting, this year, then it is to trade away last years draft plus the next 3.

He's always so candid in his draft schemes. Smart.

THIS is the year they want to trade up and get a QB?

They have no freaking idea.

Quote Originally Posted by pozilla51 View Post
    what about going for kirk cousins back up QB to RGIII?
    This would be our best move as i believe Kirk is better than anyone coming out of the 2013 draft.

I wonder who they view as being worth trading up for.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Washington tentatively made that deal close to after the end of the season. Second was the position of washingtons pick versus where we picked. It cost washington less then it would have cost us because we had a later draft pick. It would have cost us about 4 first rounders coupled with some second rounders to beat out washington. This is not madden football where you can do anything you want. This is real life. We would not have any significant draft choices for the next 4 years. Having RG3 would be great but at the cost of not being able to improve your team anywhere is not worth it. This team still needs a lot of holes filled. Its a little easier to trade up 1 seasons worth of drafting, this year, then it is to trade away last years draft plus the next 3.
    Love posters that talk about Madden drafting...basically what the redskins did and don't tell me the Bills could not have negotiated a deal to beat them out. A billionaire is usually quite aggressive and they would have figured out a way to make it happen.

And let me ask you this, you believe the Bills could not have filled holes by trading up for RG3 yet teams that most consistently win SB's have franchise qb's so where would the Bills find their franchise qb?

Let me helps you answer tht, by not making dumb draft moves like picking TJ Graham when Russell was there for the taking. The Bills have been filling holes for two years up to this past draft and had plenty to work with. Look at the Redskins def...nothing to cry home to mamma about and I would say the Bills def has better young players on the roster than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyray View Post
    This would be our best move as i believe Kirk is better than anyone coming out of the 2013 draft.
    Kirk Counsins feels like Fitzpatrick 2.0

It's been time since you got here, Mr. Nix.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pozilla51 View Post
    what about going for kirk cousins back up QB to RGIII?
    Nix could have had Cousins in the 3rd Round last year and passed. Why would he send an even higher pick (or picks) to The Skins in order to get him now?
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffCity916 View Post
    Love posters that talk about Madden drafting...basically what the redskins did and don't tell me the Bills could not have negotiated a deal to beat them out. A billionaire is usually quite aggressive and they would have figured out a way to make it happen.

And let me ask you this, you believe the Bills could not have filled holes by trading up for RG3 yet teams that most consistently win SB's have franchise qb's so where would the Bills find their franchise qb?

Let me helps you answer tht, by not making dumb draft moves like picking TJ Graham when Russell was there for the taking. The Bills have been filling holes for two years up to this past draft and had plenty to work with. Look at the Redskins def...nothing to cry home to mamma about and I would say the Bills def has better young players on the roster than they do.
    Dude, stop whining. There isn't a franchise in any sport that is going to trade away four year's worth of draft picks just to get one player. And mind you, the Redskins are only 7-6. RG3 hasn't won a **** thing yet.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    If he wants a quarterback this year, then he better be prepared to trade some picks and move up. One isn't just going to fall into our lap with the new CBA and the way teams are able to move around now.

Chris Brown did a piece a few weeks ago talking about how Nix wanted to address both lines first, which we have, and then address quarterback and how we are in a much better position to trade picks now than we were 2-3 years ago.
    I think he has been slow to catch on to the new CBA - he was stuck in the rut of grades based on the old CBA - my guess is he liked Cam a lot, but Carolina would not budge, he then wanted Ponder, but thought he would last until the 2nd. Then they had third round grades on Dalton and Kaepernick and thought they would last longer.

Last year the price for RGIII was too high and I think they got caught again when Seattle took Wilson after getting Flynn and Washington took Cousins after taking RGIII.

I think they have a few people in mind and they will take them earlier than they or the experts want just to make sure they get one. It will be interesting to see who they talk to, bring in and which Pro Days Buddy attends - and who he buys dinner for(did he send Carolina the bill for Cam's dinner?)
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

There is no RGIII or Andrew Luck in this draft, but if there hadn't been an RGIII or Luck this year, I think the 2013 draft class would look a lot better than people perceive it to be. I'll take any of the top rated QB's coming out over Fitz, any day. They all have a better upside. I'm pretty high on Glennon right now, for starters, and can't wait to see how these guys grade out in the Spring.

Not to be picky but....

Nix said. ”If a guy is there, and they’ll be one out there,...
    The word, if you're going to abbreviate, is there'll, not they'll...

Shouldn't a journalist know something about grammar??

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    Dude, stop whining. There isn't a franchise in any sport that is going to trade away four year's worth of draft picks just to get one player. And mind you, the Redskins are only 7-6. RG3 hasn't won a **** thing yet.
    Washington will be paper thin at key positions for years unless they go all out in FA. The price was too high for him - but not for Wilson or Cousins - we would be better off keeping picks and pulling a QB like them out of this year's draft.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

I refuse to invest any more emotions into this team until a QB is drafted in the 1st round. It's a QB league, this team has no shot unless they get one.
    Trent Edwards career summed up on 1 play

Against the Saints on 9-27-09

It was in the 4th quarter and we are trailing 20 to 7 with 2:26 left in the game. It was a 4th and 23 ball on our 14th yard line. The game is on the line and Trent checks down to Jackson coming out of the backfield 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The game is on the line and he throws a check down on 4th and 23???!!!!!!! This sums him up in one play.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    You will probably need to trade up for the following reason(s):

Kansas City, Arizona and Jacksonville will take a QB in the first 2 rounds. All three teams will draft ahead of the Bills both in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Philly will draft ahead of Buffalo. Ditto Oakland. Both could take a 2nd round QB. Ditto Tennessee & the Jets. Maybe San Diego.

So, yes we will probably need to jump up.
    I think Philly will go with Foles. Oakland and the Jets probably will take one. Potentially 5 teams ahead of us could be in need of a QB. Scary thought.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

I like when Buddy said this:

The ones that have the best guys around them usually do the best.
    RGIII will be great, but Washington is going to be hurting as a team for years for the price they paid for him. I'm still on board with Buddy's plan of building the team first then going after a QB.

And there was ZERO way the Bills could have outbid Washington folks. Get over it.

It is comical to me to be talking about a quarterback and Vince Young WAS in town for a couple of millions and was booted with just a $350,000.00 price tag. The fact that Tennessee and Philadelphia are talking about a NEED for a quarterback is all the PROOF that I need that the NFL is a “watered down” league. The BEST PLAYERS (Vince Young) are not in the NFL. Look at Eli Manning out of OLE MISS. How can you measure talent when the guy hasn't beat anybody when quarterback play in college is just as or even more relevant to the game than in the NFL? The only difference is that college football hasn't become BASKETBALL, “yet”.
    Last edited by AlabamaWCH; 12-14-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    i was standing in the maguire club by the bar as time expired. i looked to my right and buddy nix was walking towards me from the press club.he looked at me i shook my head then he looked down and walked past me...don't worry guys he got the message
    see guys i told ya my head shake at buddy nix in the maguire club after the game last week worked
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

I listened to the entire interview. He never one said we need to or will TRADE up to get a QB.

Once his statements are put in context all he is really saying is he would break from the integrity of the board for a QB this year, and if they have a guy they like in the 3rd they will take him in the 2nd, If they like a guy in the Second they may take him in the first.

I agree with trading to get cousins