Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nix: Time is now to move for QB in draft

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    Yes, I KNOW the NFL is watered down. If you could READ and more importantly, COMPREHEND, then you would KNOW that I believe that. As well as the FACTS would support my beliefs, if you were HONEST. That is the ONLY reason that Vince Young is NOT a quarterback in the NFL. Like the guy said or suggested, there is NO BIAS in the NFL against black quarterbacks, so it HAS TO BE, watered down for average guys to rise to greatness, especially at quarterback. That is all else that it could possibly be.

As to the question of: Can a college team defeat a pro team? The answer is in most all cases, “NO”. COMMON SENSE. Why? College teams are made up of 18 to 25 year old kids. The pros can have guys over 40 years old and still playing. What does that mean? It means that the pros can take an AVERAGE GUY and feed him MILLIONS OF DOLLARS with football as his ONLY JOB and let him play for 10 years to DEVELOP. Over time he becomes a better player than the average 20 and 1/2 year olds on college teams. BUT, “IF” the BEST COLLEGE PLAYERS were given the same MILLIONS, the SAME TIME TO “CONTINUE” TO DEVELOP, then the average guys, who become great in the NFL would NEVER become greater than those guys who were great in college. Why? Because the average guys WOULD NEVER catch up, if the great guys in college were ALLOWED to continue to develop with GREAT COACHING and great FACILITIES and GREAT SUPPORT like they have in college. I'll stop here, because I know this has gotten TOO HEAVY for you to even have a chance to comprehend, when it appears to me that you need the t.v. or SOMETHING to tell you how to THINK. I don't need anybody to tell me how to think. And I TRUST what I see with my own eyes.

But, YES, the NFL is watered down. And can AFFORD to be, since the NFL is entertainment, rather than pure sport.

Wow. This is crazy rant type nonsense. I think it's time for me to back away from this one. I don't think it's a trolling attempt anymore, and that scares me.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

I haven't posted in quite some time.

As a college writing instructor and dabbler in the creative arts, I must simply say: thank you.

This thread now has BBMB Hall of Fame potential.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    Wow. This is crazy rant type nonsense. I think it's time for me to back away from this one. I don't think it's a trolling attempt anymore, and that scares me.
    I swear if that nutcase wrote a book, I'd be his first sale... and maybe his only sale.

I know that if you give me millions of dollars and give me until I'm in my 40s to develop, well, I would be rich!

These ages AlabamaWCH comes up with. Name players in their 40s please. And Favre doesn't count because he didnt need to develop in his 40s. And besides BYU or Utah, give me some 25 year old college players.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    I swear if that nutcase wrote a book, I'd be his first sale... and maybe his only sale.
    I feel like alabamawch is the slower, younger brother of learn football.

My computer crashed. I thought this thread was dead.

My computer crashed. I thought this thread was dead.
    Do you really mean they just kicked you out of the library, and you needed to find a different place to go online?

This is an example of his “LIGHT TURNING ON” in his brain. When he is FORCED to think and REASON, it is SCARY to him. A mind is terrible thing to NOT use.

Do you really mean they just kicked you out of the library, and you needed to find a different place to go online?
    Oh now, we have a comedian.

This is an example of his “LIGHT TURNING ON” in his brain. When he is FORCED to think and REASON, it is SCARY to him. A mind is terrible thing to NOT use.
    And your medications are a terrible thing for you not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    I know that if you give me millions of dollars and give me until I'm in my 40s to develop, well, I would be rich!

These ages AlabamaWCH comes up with. Name players in their 40s please. And Favre doesn't count because he didnt need to develop in his 40s. And besides BYU or Utah, give me some 25 year old college players.
    Bret Farve is from SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI, who were basically playing D-II football while Bret Farve was there. He beat Alabama in one of those VERY DOWN YEARS at Alabama and became FAMOUS just like Johnny Football Heisman, Tommy Brady and the thousands of others who become great when they can beat Alabama like at LOUISVILLE that year and at NORTHERN ILLINOIS, whether Alabama is having a bad year or NOT. “IF” Notre Dame can defeat Alabama in this National Championship game; they will REMOVE Knute Rockne's statue at Notre Dame and replace him with this coach they have now. TRUST ME. The guy on ESPN is so cheesy that he has a BIG NUMBER ONE sitting on his side of the desk. That is “so” little league.

Edit: The Detroit Lions trotted out a kicker who is 42 years old, going on 43 years old. Peyton Manning is about 37 years old. Tommy Brady is going on 40, ROUNDED off in tens.

And your medications are a terrible thing for you not to use.
    Clever.

Bret Farve is from SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI, who were basically playing D-II football while Bret Farve was there. He beat Alabama in one of those VERY DOWN YEARS at Alabama and became FAMOUS just like Johnny Football Heisman, Tommy Brady and the thousands of others who become great when they can beat Alabama like at LOUISVILLE that year and at NORTHERN ILLINOIS, whether Alabama is having a bad year or NOT. “IF” Notre Dame can defeat Alabama in this National Championship game; they will REMOVE Knute Rockne's statue at Notre Dame and replace him with this coach they have now. TRUST ME. The guy on ESPN is so cheesy that he has a BIG NUMBER ONE sitting on his side of the desk. That is “so” little league.

Edit: The Detroit Lions trotted out a kicker who is 42 years old, going on 43 years old. Peyton Manning is about 37 years old. Tommy Brady is going on 40, ROUNDED off in tens.
    You said that players are given to into their 40s to develop. Favre, Manning and Tommy? Brady were developed a little before their 40s. And a kicker is given no time to develop. He better be able to make kicks.

You are talking nonsense now. And why do you always bring up Alabama? What do they have to do with anything? They couldn't even win their conference last year.

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    You said that players are given to into their 40s to develop. Favre, Manning and Tommy? Brady were developed a little before their 40s. And a kicker is given no time to develop. He better be able to make kicks.

You are talking nonsense now. And why do you always bring up Alabama? What do they have to do with anything? They couldn't even win their conference last year.
    This is a NEW LOW when attempting to discount WINNING. Why I use Alabama so much? Because Alabama is the “GOLD STANDARD” when talking about WINNING in college. What does Brady, Manning and Farve “ALL” have in common? ALABAMA and they were able to get a win. Manning couldn't win a National Championship, but a win over Alabama or a few wins WAS BETTER than winning a National Championship. They ought to CANCEL National Championships, since they don't mean anything anymore, EXCEPT to make folks envious of consistent WINNERS and make other guys GLEEFUL to see a national championship guy FAIL in the NFL. Even Jaworski, the GREAT Hall of Famer quarterback on ESPN has already called out Nick Saban because Nick Saban left the Miami Dolphins to accept $4 and 5 million dollars a year coaching Alabama. What was Nick Saban to do? Wait until Miami FIRED him because he couldn't get any REAL players to come play for Miami because his, Nick Saban, GM was going to draft players ANYWHERE, except from places where they have a TRADITION of winning? I don't THINK so. That is what happens when you have “NON-WINNERS” on popular t.v. shows evaluating and giving OPINIONS. John Gruden even calls his PRO FOOTBALL CAMP, ffc, Fired Football Coaches, or SOMETHING referring to FAILURE in the NFL. It is mind boggling to me to have these guys talking about TALENT. Don't say anything about Mel Kipper.

This is a NEW LOW when attempting to discount WINNING. Why I use Alabama so much? Because Alabama is the “GOLD STANDARD” when talking about WINNING in college. What does Brady, Manning and Farve “ALL” have in common? ALABAMA and they were able to get a win. Manning couldn't win a National Championship, but a win over Alabama or a few wins WAS BETTER than winning a National Championship. They ought to CANCEL National Championships, since they don't mean anything anymore, EXCEPT to make folks envious of consistent WINNERS and make other guys GLEEFUL to see a national championship guy FAIL in the NFL. Even Jaworski, the GREAT Hall of Famer quarterback on ESPN has already called out Nick Saban because Nick Saban left the Miami Dolphins to accept $4 and 5 million dollars a year coaching Alabama. What was Nick Saban to do? Wait until Miami FIRED him because he couldn't get any REAL players to come play for Miami because his, Nick Saban, GM was going to draft players ANYWHERE, except from places where they have a TRADITION of winning? I don't THINK so. That is what happens when you have “NON-WINNERS” on popular t.v. shows evaluating and giving OPINIONS. John Gruden even calls his PRO FOOTBALL CAMP, ffc, Fired Football Coaches, or SOMETHING referring to FAILURE in the NFL. It is mind boggling to me to have these guys talking about TALENT. Don't say anything about Mel Kipper.
    I'm starting to Bama-lieve! I got The Tide beating NE Patriots 44-16. Because Oakland won't roll with Rolando McClain, I think that Bama beats them worse than any other NFL team. 139-0. Saban wouldn't let off of the gas with his high powered offense. Mel Kipper? Kipper snacks? I'm hungry. Out.

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

You guys do realize Mr. Alabama is your typical run of the mill "SEC SEC SEC" fan? He probably does think the NFL is watered down and BAMA could compete for the Superbowl. That is how they think down there. I went to the Iron Bowl and let me say it was a huge eye opener into how the other side lives.

A lot of these 'superior college qbs' are successful in college because they do not have to fear injury. Come talk to me after RG3 takes one to many big hits in the NFL and has to miss weeks of action costing his team wins.

The NFL isn't watered down, it protects its star players. In college your qb heros are tackled by college defenders, including the mighty SEC players. In the NFL defensive players send scrambling successful winning college qbs to the hospital for weeks.

NFL watered down... Vince Young a star because he won in college...

Give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorCanuck View Post
    You guys do realize Mr. Alabama is your typical run of the mill "SEC SEC SEC" fan? He probably does think the NFL is watered down and BAMA could compete for the Superbowl. That is how they think down there. I went to the Iron Bowl and let me say it was a huge eye opener into how the other side lives.

A lot of these 'superior college qbs' are successful in college because they do not have to fear injury. Come talk to me after RG3 takes one to many big hits in the NFL and has to miss weeks of action costing his team wins.

The NFL isn't watered down, it protects its star players. In college your qb heros are tackled by college defenders, including the mighty SEC players. In the NFL defensive players send scrambling successful winning college qbs to the hospital for weeks.

NFL watered down... Vince Young a star because he won in college...

Give me a break
    Mr. Alabama is far from typical run of the mill anything. His is a special breed of impenetrable buffoonery and my new fave poster around here.

That's fine moving forward. However, Buddy has to be careful, too. I mean who is his head coach going to be for 2013? Is it Gailey? That's have a lot of input on the pick itself. That's what I'll be watching for first.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
    With a good QB, better HC, this team can win
    Personally, I think with a better head coach they could win right now with what they got. They're around 3 minutes away from being an 8-5 ball club, and leading for a playoff spot. Fitzpatrick isn't a franchise QB. However, he's serviceable, and with the right schemes and plays called, he's good. Problem is the head coach is too pass happy. That's been the problem for awhile now under this regime.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.