Thread: Buddy says trading up to get qb..

Default Buddy says trading up to get qb..

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

dont no if this has been posted yet or not ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

They wont have to trade up cause the 7 or 8 best players are linemen and a MLB. we'll probably pick 8 thru 10 so unless the cards take the number 1 qb I think he;ll be on board for us. I just hope they don't take Geno Smith.
    Con - victimize: deprive of by deceit;

I'm forty. For 75% of my life the Bills have sucked. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    They wont have to trade up cause the 7 or 8 best players are linemen and a MLB. we'll probably pick 8 thru 10 so unless the cards take the number 1 qb I think he;ll be on board for us. I just hope they don't take Geno Smith.
    I wonder how Buddy views Geno Smith. I haven't heard that Bills scouts have attended any of the West Virginia games.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Would you rather be the Bengals or the Vikings? The latter reached for Christian Ponder at #12. The former sat tight, picked A.J. Green, and picked up a quarterback reckoned to be roughly comparable to Ponder in the 2nd. The more I look at this draft, the more I think the 2nd-round pick is the pick to burn for a quarterback. Possibly in tandem with a later pick to move up and secure our guy, but we'll likely be picking too low to land Geno Smith and too high to reasonably reach.
    Marrone and Manuel. Let us hope M&M are the long-awaited heralds of a new era.

Mostly in the But.......Anything, that is

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster View Post
    Would you rather be the Bengals or the Vikings? The latter reached for Christian Ponder at #12. The former sat tight, picked A.J. Green, and picked up a quarterback reckoned to be roughly comparable to Ponder in the 2nd. The more I look at this draft, the more I think the 2nd-round pick is the pick to burn for a quarterback. Possibly in tandem with a later pick to move up and secure our guy, but we'll likely be picking too low to land Geno Smith and too high to reasonably reach.
    this seems to be what Nix wants to do. If the best player when you pick is a QB, great. If it is a LB, great. Heck, if it is another corner, great....

No reaches- none- nada.....

Draft a LB (or trade back) in round 1

Then move up or back into round 1 for a qb if need be
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

they might have to trade up in the 2nd round..
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    I wonder how Buddy views Geno Smith. I haven't heard that Bills scouts have attended any of the West Virginia games.
    A VERY close family member leaving Buffalo for work. Saw and a talked football to Buddy on the plane.

Matt Barkley and Glennon are on the Bills radar. Not Geno Smith. Both Barkley and Glennon have been in pro style offenses for 4 years each and good NFL prospects.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

This.

I would take a stud LB, CB, SS, TE or WR with the first pick. With the latter two, the QB needs someone to throw to.

Would you rather be the Bengals or the Vikings? The latter reached for
    Christian Ponder at #12. The former sat tight, picked A.J. Green, and picked up a quarterback reckoned to be roughly comparable to Ponder in the 2nd. The more I look at this draft, the more I think the 2nd-round pick is the pick to burn for a quarterback. Possibly in tandem with a later pick to move up and secure our guy, but we'll likely be picking too low to land Geno Smith and too high to reasonably reach.
    This is the reason I think it's gonna be a qb in the second or a trade back into the first
    He talks about the bengals specifically in the interview and how he liked what they did strategy wise

Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    I'm thinking LB with the pick, then trade back into the first to get the QB they want.