Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need to start getting blown out

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Dick Jauron coached a 13-3 Chicago Bears team and won Coach of the Year... Then he came here. I think that should tell you a lot. Chan was Bill Cowher's right-hand man and BILL COWHER said he would not coach a team without Chan as his OC... Then Chan came here, now everyone wants to run him out of town just like Jauron.... I'm not saying Jauron is a great coach but I am saying he can turn a awful team average and has every capability to take a great team to the Superbowl. And Chan is definitely better than Dick.
    My 2014-2015 Adopt-A-Bill: Marcell Dareus

Quote Originally Posted by person1 View Post
    I want him to stay unless we can get a big time coach to sign here like Cowher, Jon Gruden, etc.. Which I don't see happening. So keeping the guy that progressed the team's record every year and improving our non-existant offense to an offense that works pretty darn well for having a bunch of 7th round/UDFA scrubs playing. Common sense if you ask me.
    a guy that won't use his best player nearly enough; poor game day manager; in love with Fitz; can't win in the division; no thanks..
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

Dick Jauron coached a 13-3 Chicago Bears team and won Coach of the Year... Then he came here. I think that should tell you a lot. Chan was Bill Cowher's right-hand man and BILL COWHER said he would not coach a team without Chan as his OC... Then Chan came here, now everyone wants to run him out of town just like Jauron.... I'm not saying Jauron is a great coach but I am saying he can turn a awful team average and has every capability to take a great team to the Superbowl. And Chan is definitely better than Dick.
    yet Jauron had a better record and division record than Gailey to this point. It's a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    a guy that won't use his best player nearly enough; poor game day manager; in love with Fitz; can't win in the division; no thanks..
    First point, is very fair and I agree... As far as that goes he is clearly just way too loyal to his players, which is good and bad, he will do everything he can to keep Thigpen and Choice on the roster, In love with Fitz is the same point really, In love with all his key players.. A bad habit I definitely agree on that one.. His love for the players is supposed to be a good thing, Like Coughlin or Rex Ryan who get their players to fight for them with love and passion. It just hasn't worked that way this year given that we are too bad to win the games we play.

Poor game day manager I can hardly comment on, too general, if you have specifics I will comment on individual decisions, but for the most part I like that he has been playing conservative-defensive football.

The division... We beat the Pats last year in epic shootout fashion. With Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing Brady-like stats, and winning the game 38-36 or something close and high scoring like that... It was our superbowl last year.. Did you forget?? We HAD them this year as well, this is the historically good Patriots we are talking here... What more do you want?

yet Jauron had a better record and division record than Gailey to this point. It's a wash.
    Chan brought in a superbowl or bust mindset, rather than play to not get humiliated. We as fans, are EXPECTING TO WIN... With a horrible roster. Its a slow but sure culture change, I still am pulling for an 8-8 season and I am encouraged by our ability to keep games close when we clearly have the worse players.

First point, is very fair and I agree... As far as that goes he is clearly just way too loyal to his players, which is good and bad, he will do everything he can to keep Thigpen and Choice on the roster, In love with Fitz is the same point really, In love with all his key players.. A bad habit I definitely agree on that one.. His love for the players is supposed to be a good thing, Like Coughlin or Rex Ryan who get their players to fight for them with love and passion. It just hasn't worked that way this year given that we are too bad to win the games we play.

Poor game day manager I can hardly comment on, to general, if you have specifics I will comment on individual decisions, but for the most part I like that he has been playing conservative-defensive football.

The division... We beat the Pats last year in epic shootout fashion. With Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing Brady-like stats, and winning the game 38-36 or something close and high scoring like that... It was our superbowl last year.. Did you forget?? We HAD them this year as well, this is the historically good Patriots we are talking here... What more do you want?
    3 wins in the division near the end of his third year is pretty poor.that was a great win, and his only really quality one. It's sad that that was our SB-your right it was, but that's sad. It shows how low expectations are here.

3 wins in the division near the end of his third year is pretty poor.that was a great win, and his only really quality one. It's sad that that was our SB-your right it was, but that's sad. It shows how low expectations are here.
    But that supports the losing-culture mentality that I explained in the next post. We were in the slums with Jauron and Russ, now we are finally getting our way out (most credit goes to buddy, rightfully so), but Chan has brought competent offensive football, I remember how surprised we were when Fitzpatrick TORCHED the Ravens in Chan's first year.. It was unbelievable to see someone on the Bills actually pass for 300 yards!! Two more winnable division games, but like I said... Year 1 and 2 of Chan was a complete overhaul of players, Trent Edwards Is responsible for one of those division losses. After he left we were surprised to have any offensive production at all, but things went uphill.. if only slowly. Still the same QB though, so its not like we have a great roster of talent.

OBD reputation for ineptitude is well known for quite some time. Whatever happens in these 3 games won't effect it one way or the other.
    Yep it has been bad for a long time, lets all hope it gets worse, we need to really solidfy our rep as a loser, we need to soldify our losing tradition.

These threads are comical, borderline pathetic. Loser mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Yeah. nothing breeds a winning spirit and tradition in Buffalo like getting blown out your last three games, yep, that will leave a real good taste in everyone's mouth, exactly they type of thing to attract good free agents and keep players like Byrd.
    Flawed logic here - 6-10 didn't scare one of the biggest free agents from signing last year. Also, 8-8 against a weak schedule won't help matters either

Poor game day manager I can hardly comment on, too general, if you have specifics I will comment on individual decisions, but for the most part I like that he has been playing conservative-defensive football.

Basically what you are saying is that he coaches not to lose. You know what kind of results that brings. What has he ever won as a hc? If you are happy with chan, then you are easy to please.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Yeah. nothing breeds a winning spirit and tradition in Buffalo like getting blown out your last three games, yep, that will leave a real good taste in everyone's mouth, exactly they type of thing to attract good free agents and keep players like Byrd.
    Well stated!

I've stated this many times, and will continue to state this, only losers root for the Bills to lose

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

We have to admit that we have not had a playoff roster in Buffalo since freaking Donahoe. Its the players. We had Marv and Russ Brandon as the GM for a large handful of our playoff drought... We are finally starting to get a competent roster, and an offensive coach that has been to multiple Superbowls... And you people want to blame everything on the coach because apparently after many years of getting whooped, you guys think its the coaches and not the players fault that we suck?! This was never a playoff roster, and Mario Williams didn't change the entire story with one contract. So for us to finish between 6-10 and 8-8 should be no surprise, therefore Gailey got us to the point where we expected playoffs, and are now disappointing that we missed. You guys actually seemed to expect playoffs with 1 receiver and Fitz at QB, not to mention terrible defense.
    I do agree the team roster has improved, and more than the record reflects.

But, even with 6 wins this year it is a major disappointment. NONE of the wins were Quality wins. Did we beat New England? San Francisco? No, we beat the two worse teams in football, Kansas City and Jacksonville. They are the worst. We had to go to overtime to beat 4-9 Arizona. We lost to Tennessee, St. Louis and the hapless Jets.

6, or even 7 wins with the schedule we had is a concern.
    Now, get a future QB in the draft, re-sign Byrd, Levitre, Kyle Moore and McKelvin in the off season and hire a new HC and then we can talk. And, those 3 moves would make the 2013 Bills a team that fans can rally around.

First point, is very fair and I agree... As far as that goes he is clearly just way too loyal to his players, which is good and bad, he will do everything he can to keep Thigpen and Choice on the roster, In love with Fitz is the same point really, In love with all his key players.. A bad habit I definitely agree on that one.. His love for the players is supposed to be a good thing,
    Bill Bellchick doesn't have loyalty at times. Or, I should say the Patriots organization. Do they cling to a running back? No sir, they will change them out of the lineup in a heartbeat. Or, even the roster. Ditto their wide receivers. They will trade away pro bowl Defensive Ends, or not resign guys like Mark Anderson.

It obviously works for New England because they have an NFL Hall of Fame QB.

throwback These 3 off season moves will make the 2013 the Best Bills team in over 10 years.

1) Draft a QB high enough in the draft that the rookie has enough talent to be the eventual starter. It won't help to draft a diamond in the rough in the 4th round. It has to be a legitimate QB.

2) Re-sign Byrd, Levitre, McKelvin and Kyle Moore. By re-signing them, whoever we get in the draft and in free agency will be building on top of a solid base. But, don't resign a few of these and then you have to fill those holes and you are spinning your wheels.

3) Either hire a new Head Coach outright, or, hire an offensive coordinator to call the plays instead of Chan. He is floundering away winnable games with poor clock management, and, poor decisions.

Just those three (3) moves would make a big impact on the direction of the Bills franchise. Buddy is right about being close, or at least closer. Now we have be aggressive and push through to the next level. But it will take all 3 of these moves to make it happen.

Let's get it done Buddy!