Thread: Bills' DE Moore would love to re-sign in Buffalo

Default Bills' DE Moore would love to re-sign in Buffalo

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Should be an easy decision for OBD, he's earned a contract and he's getting lots of reps, would love to see him signed long-term.

Bills' DE Moore would love to re-sign in Buffalo
    By Joe Buscaglia

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- It's been a roller coaster ride through the first four years of Buffalo Bills defensive end Kyle Moore's career.

Riding the emotional high of being drafted by Tampa Bay in the fourth round and starting within two seasons, to being waived before the very next season and passed over by the rest of the league before Detroit signed him to their practice squad.

It wasn't until late in to the 2011 regular season that Moore was rescued off the practice squad and given a shot on the active roster in Buffalo. The former USC Trojan didn't take that opportunity for granted, and was among one of the most impressive at training camp this past summer.

Making the team outright in 2012 Moore waited for his opportunity to get on the field, and finally got it with injuries to both Mark Anderson and Chris Kelsay.

"This is what happens in the league. Guys go down and it gives other guys a step up in place," he said. "For the staff to give me the opportunity to go out there and play, and trust me to go out there and play. Because you know, I was the outside guy looking in coming in to the season. For me to fight my way through and actually being able to start… I'm going to take this opportunity and run with it."

With three sacks and countless pressures on the quarterback throughout his five starts and eight total games played, the 26-year old Moore is improving at the perfect time. At the end of the season, the defensive end is an unrestricted free agent.

He said there haven't been any extension talks at this point in time.

"Not that I know of," Moore said. "I really don't want to talk about it now anyway. Let's talk about it after the season and let's see what happens. We've got three more games and that's a lot of football left for me, well personally, so I've gotta go out here and finish strong."

After those three games though, the defensive end has a tough decision to make if the Bills are indeed interested in bringing him back. Does he test the free agent waters, or does he go back to what was working for him? He offered a little insight in to his line of thinking.

"Whatever it is, I would love to come back and play here in Buffalo," Moore said. "At the end of the day, they gave me my shot. I have to be loyal to the team that gave me my opportunity."

His final three-game audition before becoming a free agent starts Sunday in Toronto against the Seattle Seahawks.
    justRN: "They carted off Freddies ACL after he ripped it out for being weak."

Mark Asper: "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' "#TheLegendOfKikoAlonzo

www.billievers.com

Pay the man!

I second that. I knew he was going to be something this year and I was somewhat surprised we signed Mark Anderson when we did.

Not sure why he would actually want to come back, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Hopefully Nix isn't, either.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    Not sure why he would actually want to come back, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Hopefully Nix isn't, either.
    Because Buffalo is where he'll get the most reps. He'll come in cheap, no reason not to sign him, he has value as a rotational pass rusher and he's insurance in case of injury as well.

he will be back i think they will release kelsay and use that money and go after this kid
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

The committee has spoken.

"PAY THA MAN"
    THEVOICE
    You can't fight for the future, because the future is now, the time to fight is now. Nothing is meaningless, at the end of the day... progress is everything. ~K2 Gunner
    Original Gunslinger - Reachin For Halos - Billiever

This.

he looked better than Anderson did in the beginning of the year

he wont command a huge deal should be easy for them to handle
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

sign him kelsay is a waist of roster spot

I think Kelsay is gone after this season. The money saved will go toward Moore.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Definitely worth a resign

The D-line hasn't skipped a beat without Kelsay which shouldn't surprised anyone. It's actually only gotten better since his injury plus Moore is a better pass rusher. I hope they can re-sign the guy.
    "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

Cut Kelsay. Re-Sign Moore. The end.
    Buffalo Bills. Anaheim Ducks. Los Angeles Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    he will be back i think they will release kelsay and use that money and go after this kid
    It sure looks like Kelsay's contract was written so that this would be his last year. It's 4.2 mil of cap savings if cut next year, only half that if he'd been cut this year. I hope he decides to retire as a Bill.
    justRN: "They carted off Freddies ACL after he ripped it out for being weak."

Mark Asper: "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' "#TheLegendOfKikoAlonzo

www.billievers.com

He is solid please PAY THE MAN OBD!!
    I will be a Bills fan even after I die!!!!!!!!

If Kelsay stays I would recommend leaving point blank.
    The changes have to work. Right?