Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith, Glennon, Dysert, & Nassib

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    No it isn't.

Glennon just isn't very good. Most draft sites and the like have him in the third round.

Only on the Bills board is he a top 10 pick. And maybe PFF (Pro Football Fantasy)

I don't remember saying he was a top 10 pick.

Seems to me the course of action would be akin to that of the Bengals.. Game changing WR in 1st and Glennon in 2nd.

Just watched video on all these guys, and TBH, the only 2 I REALLY liked the most were Barkley & Nassib. Both are leaders, don't get rattled easily and make quick decisions. Nasib has impressive size and a quick strike. You can tell he puts a lot of time in the gym.

I really wasn't so enamoured by Geno Smith. I see him stare receivers down a lot and telegraph his throws, plus he has a really odd stance.

Man, I hope OBD doesn't fall for Geno or Glennon, or worse, Trade up for guaranteed bust Barkley. I'm praying their scouts know what they're doing and draft Tyler Wilson. And if by some chance he's gone, then Zac Dysert is a very solid second choice.

Totally inaccurate, but his completion percentage is 57% on the season... and I have watched him, his ball placement is poor.

He is going to be rushed and hit more at the NFL level.

You also admit that Dysert has just as many dropped passes. And his completion percentage is 63%.

Watch Dysert against Ohio State and you will see the difference. The guy throws 53 passes and he misses on 4 of them. Literally every other pass is dead on and most of the time his receiver doesn't come up with it.
    I've watch Dysert against Ohio State and he throws like 10 WR screens to guys where the CB is giving a 8-10 yard cushion just like Fitz did to Graham and Johnson last week.

I like Dysert a lot too, but the system he plays in and the number of WR screens he throws helps pad his stats.

And as for the ball placement I think you're off your rocker. Glennon constantly hits his receivers on short and intermediate passes where they can turn up field for additional yardage. His crossing route placement is arguably the best I've seen of any QB in the draft. Time after time, he throws at tightly covered receivers and puts the ball exactly where it needs to be for them to shake the tackle and get up field for big chunks of additional yardage.

Where he struggles is on deeper passes, but everything 0-15 yards in the air is right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Offensive line was head and shoulders better than at NC State or Miami of Ohio.

Running game was head and shoulders better than NC State or Miami of Ohio.

Marquise Lee will be a top 10 pick next year. Robert Woods will be a top 45 pick this year. Both could start on NFL teams right NOW.
    All I'm saying is: Barkley is underrated. And no you clearly didnt watch Barkley / USC. There o line was trash and running game nothing special.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfootball1027 View Post
    All I'm saying is: Barkley is underrated. And no you clearly didnt watch Barkley / USC. There o line was trash and running game nothing special.

not to mention that Kiffin isn't a very good coach

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Barkley is the best QB in this class so...

His junior year alone had him in the talks as the 1b option to Luck. A down year with injuries to key teammates and just absolutely horrid coaching.

If you watched Barkley and want to make an assessment that's fine. However, there is no way you can argue that Barkley does not have.
    - The best mechanics
    - Most pro ready
    - Highest ceiling

Way to often are people reading other people's posts/threads and regurgitating others information.

Box scores of games are not very telling either. For example Spillers stats against the Jags. If I took a quick glance at that box score it appears Spiller had a stout game. Yet, in reality ge kid was bottled up most of the game, outside of one huge TD run.

Thing is, I am a USC fan, so I do have a bias, however other than Palmer I have not endorsed a single QB from USC. Not Leinart, not Booty, and most def not Sanchez. Barkley is in a league of his own in this class and if the Bills ended up with Matt it would be amazing.
    Amen and thank you!

It's funny because both are going to be compared to Blaine Gabbert solely because the average fan hasn't heard anything about either of them because they play for terrible teams.

They're the two guys I want, and right now my preference is Glennon but I like Dysert almost just as much.
    Or they can be compared to Tannehill. I thought he would be Blaine Gabbert all over again. Turns out I was wrong.

I'm intrigued by this Dysert guy. I think there is something to be said for being a four year starter in college and completing over 61% of your passes all four years. He's also tall and has a well built frame.

No it isn't.

Glennon just isn't very good. Most draft sites and the like have him in the third round.

Only on the Bills board is he a top 10 pick. And maybe PFF (Pro Football Fantasy)
    Can you link any draft site that has him 3rd round? Preferably one that has been updated since mid November? I did a lot of research on Glennon yesterday and saw nothing like that.

Today, I am going to research Wilson. I kind of started last night, but he is hard because of how bad his line was. NC State has a bad line, but Glennon worked the pocket pretty well. But Arkansas has the worst line of a pretty season top 10 team I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    yes...if you watch his style of play and the way he throws the ball, he looks just like Jim Kelly
    not even close - Jim was a far better athlete in college - he could have played linebacker. By the time he reached his peak in the pros he had lost some mobility but to call Dysert Jim Kelly is ludicrous. He moves now like Jim Kelly did in the late nineties. Kelly was not asked to run in the Miami offense but he was mobile. He also played against much better comp often playing ranked teams

My pick is playing now - Matt Scott
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post
    Just watched video on all these guys, and TBH, the only 2 I REALLY liked the most were Barkley & Nassib. Both are leaders, don't get rattled easily and make quick decisions. Nasib has impressive size and a quick strike. You can tell he puts a lot of time in the gym.

I really wasn't so enamoured by Geno Smith. I see him stare receivers down a lot and telegraph his throws, plus he has a really odd stance.
    Did you see Nassib against Rutgers? Barkley against Stanford? not a single QB in this draft can touch Luck or RGIII and Cam and few are even near as good as Dalton. Kaepernick is better than anyone in this class.

Barkley needs to be in the right situation to succeed - much like Sanchez - he needs to have a good team around him or he will flounder. I like Matt Scott more - he has a stronger arm and is far more mobile - he needs to work on accuracy which a good QB coach can work on. He did not have a great set of WRs - only one guy who might get drafted - Barkley had multiple WRs that will go in the first or early second

Like is said, Scott does not have much help - hits his WR in a bad spot - the hands - and they have a 3 and out

Barkley played on a bad team?

Is that what you call the preseason unanimous #1 ranked team that featured two NFL ready WRs in Lee and Woods?

Barkley had a better supporting cast than any QB prospect in this draft and it's not even close.... LOL
    Nope.

His team, outside of Lee and Woods...Even newcomer Silas Redd..Even Curtis McNeal (actually, his offense for this particular argument) was severely average. His coach is HORRIBLE and their offense played primarily out of two wide sets and basically only utilized their two receivers with the occasional shot to Grimble. The offensive line was a joke. I'm surprised Barkley was only sacked 14 times.

His team wasn't bad, but it was overrated from the start and it showed.

Barkley is the best QB in this QB class.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

I just watched Barkley vs Oregon. He throws a great deep ball. Very accurate. Allows his playmakers (he has 3) to make the plays. Throws a lot of balls inside of 10 yards. They are mostly catchable and receivers get it in stride to make plays. I'm questioning his intermediate throws. 10 to 20 yard range. He throws a few, and they aren't good at all. 3 were picked (tho I think 1 was called back due to a phantom PI), and is very inaccurate with this throw. Under 50% completion. Maybe close to 25%.

I'm only basing this off of this 1 game vs Oregon. I have a few errands to run, when I get home I will watch more. (I watched a few of Tyler Wilson and wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. I will write something up on him at some point. Hamilton made him better than he is. Lots of bad habits that aren't easy to fix.)

Quote Originally Posted by bring it View Post
    What is wrong with a guy like EJ Manuel? 6-5, 240 Ibs. Strong arm, can and has made every throw on the field. Played for a major college program. With and against top athletes. He is a good athlete himself. He is mobile and also accurate(highest completion percentage in Florida St. history). I would give this kid a long look!!
    EJ Manuel would be too risky. I watched some of his games and he just doesn't make good decisions against quality opponents. Tyler Wilson should be the pick...in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hippest Kat View Post

I want either Barkely or Nassib also.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Barkley is the best QB in this class so...

His junior year alone had him in the talks as the 1b option to Luck. A down year with injuries to key teammates and just absolutely horrid coaching.

If you watched Barkley and want to make an assessment that's fine. However, there is no way you can argue that Barkley does not have.
    - The best mechanics
    - Most pro ready
    - Highest ceiling

Way to often are people reading other people's posts/threads and regurgitating others information.

Box scores of games are not very telling either. For example Spillers stats against the Jags. If I took a quick glance at that box score it appears Spiller had a stout game. Yet, in reality ge kid was bottled up most of the game, outside of one huge TD run.

Thing is, I am a USC fan, so I do have a bias, however other than Palmer I have not endorsed a single QB from USC. Not Leinart, not Booty, and most def not Sanchez. Barkley is in a league of his own in this class and if the Bills ended up with Matt it would be amazing.
    THANK YOU for this comment! Plus Barkley his freshman thru junior year kept USC a relevant team during the years they werent allowed to play in a bowl game. Some programs would struggle ...but barkley kept them popular and in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    I just watched Barkley vs Oregon. He throws a great deep ball. Very accurate. Allows his playmakers (he has 3) to make the plays. Throws a lot of balls inside of 10 yards. They are mostly catchable and receivers get it in stride to make plays. I'm questioning his intermediate throws. 10 to 20 yard range. He throws a few, and they aren't good at all. 3 were picked (tho I think 1 was called back due to a phantom PI), and is very inaccurate with this throw. Under 50% completion. Maybe close to 25%.

I'm only basing this off of this 1 game vs Oregon. I have a few errands to run, when I get home I will watch more. (I watched a few of Tyler Wilson and wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. I will write something up on him at some point. Hamilton made him better than he is. Lots of bad habits that aren't easy to fix.)
    Oregon was a tough game for Barkley ....he had no time in the pocket and forced a lot of throws.

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    I take it you've never watched Wilson play, he has everything you want in a QB. except for maybe size, strong arm, smarts, leadership skills and tough as nails.
    Great job selling him to me, you should be in sales!

(yes, I know what you are trying to say, just thought it was funny)