Thread: Howl long will it take the 2013 drafted franchise QB to learn the Gailey Offense

Default Howl long will it take the 2013 drafted franchise QB to learn the Gailey Offense

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

We all know that Gailey's screens and borderline illegal pick 5 yard passing scheme is the most sophisticated offense ever constructed. It took CJ Spiller 3 years to learn enough to carry the ball 7 times last week. (to be fair it appears he was heavily winded for a lot of that game).

We all know that wonderlic whiz kid and harvard grad Ryan Fitzpatrick is the only person to truly master the offense, while buffoons like Vince Young and Tavaris Jackson would or will need years to learn the system.

Given what we know, what year should we expect to see the new franchise QB actually start a game. is 2016 reasonable, or if we draft someone from Georgia or North Carolina will it take even longer?
    Its only OTA's
    Its only mini-camp
    Its only training camp
    Its only preseason
    Its only week 1, its a 16 week season.
    But if the Bills don't beat the Dolphins week 2, batten down the hatches, it will get ugly.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

I dont think it will take very long for Matt Barkley to learn Chan's playbook. My guess is that Fitz stays one more season and Barkley starts in 2014

Howl. Lol

Oh he won't have to learn Gailey's offense.

Really though maybe a year maybe a year and a half. You never know tho some kid fresh outta school could.pick it up no problems... They are out there

who cares. shut up. lame thread.

"URHHHHH. GOOD INSIGHT ON MY THREAD, TROLL. ERHHHHH"

Seeing as how Chan might magically say there weren't enough reps to go around for the rookie to learn, who knows?
    Buffalo Bills. Anaheim Ducks. Los Angeles Lakers.

stir the pot

If Nix really does draft a QB in the first two rounds Chan will still sit him, so expect Fitzthig again in 2013 with lots of blackouts and a new coach to start him in 2014.

With Gailey it could take years and thousands of lives/careers....if i was a highly regarded QB entering the draft I would be very fearful that Buffalo would choose me, knowing the history of how Buffalo always fails to properly groom QBs for success would be of great concern.
    "I am a river to my people"

VMA 331 2nd Marine Air Wing Cherry Point NC Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartfordbillsfan View Post
    With Gailey it could take years and thousands of lives/careers....if i was a highly regarded QB entering the draft I would be very fearful that Buffalo would choose me, knowing the history of how Buffalo always fails to properly groom QBs for success would be of great concern.
    Umm like which young QB prospects have had their career wasted in buffalo because we failed to groom them? 1st round reach jp losman? 3rd rd Trent Edwards? We haven't even drafted a real QB yet so there is no "history" you speak of. Only history is bills trying to get by with mediocrity at QB and not drafting a top prospect

throwback

I was hoping he wouldn't have to.

I don't think I could bear another season of gailey.

but to answer the hypothetical question, shouldn't be hard to learn a three page playbook of dump passes and a few running plays

Depends on the color of his skin according to many posters on this board....smh...
    The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN NFL HISTORY to bench their healthy starting quarterback to open the playoffs! WE HAVEN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS SINCE!

FLUTIE: Please forgive Ralphie and lift the curse!!!!!

2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Kiko Alonso

I know your question is tongue in cheek, but seriously I don't see the rookie playing in 2013.

That seems to be Chan's M.O.

Gaileys offense is too complicated for anyone who isn't from Stanford or the Ivy league, so if we don't get lucky and get a QB from Yale or Andy Lucks alma mater, we're screwed.

Please Chan, dumb down your offense for QBs and RBs of average intelligence.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

Gailey will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonian View Post
    Umm like which young QB prospects have had their career wasted in buffalo because we failed to groom them? 1st round reach jp losman? 3rd rd Trent Edwards? We haven't even drafted a real QB yet so there is no "history" you speak of. Only history is bills trying to get by with mediocrity at QB and not drafting a top prospect
    Look back at the history of this organization, at no time has this team been able to groom a drafted QB while he sits behind the starter, there may be an exception but if you look you will find that the bills have failed at this almost every time they have tried.

Again if I was an up an coming QB prospect I would absolutely not want to be drafted by the Buffalo Bills, especially with Chan Gailey as the HC.
    "I am a river to my people"

VMA 331 2nd Marine Air Wing Cherry Point NC Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by StHustle View Post
    Depends on the color of his skin according to many posters on this board....smh...
    you brought it up.