Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reason Chan Will Likely Be Fired....and who will probably be hired.

throwback The Reason Chan Will Likely Be Fired....and who will probably be hired.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Ralph's "advisors" try to keep a pulse on the fan base to make sure they will be able to sell tickets. These guys understand how upset Bills fans are and they won't risk keeping Chan here next season to watch all the home games play in front of a half empty stadium.

Mark my words, this organization will do everything it can to land Bill Cowher again. This time is different. Bill's wife has passed away to cancer (God Bless her soul) , and his children are grown up. His reasons to stay in North Carolina aren't there anymore. This roster is also much more talented than it was the previous time when Bill ultimately decided to stay home. The pieces for a winning team are in place and Bill would have the chance to put his mark on the team by drafting a franchise QB.

Brush this off as "fantasy" if you want but this is a very real possibility.

Hmm, and I would call it a half full stadium.

Cowher would be nice. Since Chan was his idea anyways, he kinda owes us.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Cowher is not coming to the Bills. Ralph will not pay for Chan and Cowher the same year. It is not about the talent, it is about the situation. He is not going to have Nix as his GM. He is not going into a place where future ownership is unknown.

He won't take his friend's job away.

I hate speculation with no merit to it.

This could be said for any team with a coaching vacancy...
    Jinx

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." --- Thomas Jefferson

While this could happen I am pretty sure Cowher's wife had already passed away the last time we were trying to hire him.
    Go Huskers!

2014 Mock

1. Watkins/Robinson/Mack
    2. Jenkins/Benjamin/A.Richardson
    3. G. Jackson OG/C. Richardson
    4. S. Jean-Baptiste CB
    5. TBD
    6. TBD
    7. TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Ralph's "advisors" try to keep a pulse on the fan base to make sure they will be able to sell tickets. These guys understand how upset Bills fans are and they won't risk keeping Chan here next season to watch all the home games play in front of a half empty stadium.

Mark my words, this organization will do everything it can to land Bill Cowher again. This time is different. Bill's wife has passed away to cancer (God Bless her soul) , and his children are grown up. His reasons to stay in North Carolina aren't there anymore. This roster is also much more talented than it was the previous time when Bill ultimately decided to stay home. The pieces for a winning team are in place and Bill would have the chance to put his mark on the team by drafting a franchise QB.

It really isn't.

Sure, they might want Cowher, and sure he might want an NFL job. But not this one. Bank on it.

And as for Ralph's willingness to fire coaches to sell tickets, is that why Jauron got hired for a fourth year over overwhelming fan dissatisfaction about the decision? Ralph doesn't hire and fire coaches to sell tickets. He's made too many decisions on GMs and coaches that were hated by the fan base for anyone to even think that's part of his decision-making process. He hires coaches and GMs he trusts and thinks will win. He hasn't been right in a long time, basically since Polian, but he's at least tried.

Quote Originally Posted by camgookamera83 View Post
    While this could happen I am pretty sure Cowher's wife had already passed away the last time we were trying to hire him.
    nope! she died in July of 2010. she was very much alive but was dieing of cancer when this team was trying to get him here.

also coaches don't want to come to a toxic wasteland. they know if they come here the impatient fans will start running him out of town within a couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by camgookamera83 View Post

Nope, she died in July of 2010, while Gailey was hired in January 2010.

But Cowher is going to want a team with a stable future and a franchise QB or a #1 pick to grab one.

he really almost came here last time... it was his wife's illness that stopped him

and BTW, he was going to bring Chan as his OC.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

While I dont see Bill Cowher coming to Buffalo. A small part of me believes that the Bills have MUCH MUCH more talent then a few years ago and have a much better chance at landing a "half way decent" coach.

On both sides of the ball there is potential to be great. Heck an AVERAGE or better QB the Bills could be 7-6 and in the playoff hunt. (Titans / Rams)

So lets say the bills have a top 10 pick. Your new Coach _____ Get your QB and a middle linebacker and see what happens.

O line- Check
    Running backs- Check
    Tightend- Chandler isnt great but not bad
    Wide Recievers- good but need help (receivers are easy to find in the draft)

QB- NEED MAJOR HELP

D-line- Check
    secondary- Check (bills secondary has gotten better) I am afraid to say this Mckelvin hasnt been bad.
    Linebackers- Needs help

special teams- Lindell is old get a new kicker (isnt hard to find one)
    Mckelvin - check He has progressed into a good special teamer.
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Yea your right. They do have so much more talent then 3 years ago. Why don't you go look at the scores of the games against playoff teams this year..they have beaten one winning team in 3 years,where do you people come up with this nonsense. LET ME ALSO STATE NO COACH WITH ANY GREAT RÉSUMÉ WILL COME TO BUFFALO UNTIL RALPH IS GONE. THEY WILL NOTCOME HERE,SO STop

Anybody is better than Failey

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Police View Post
    he really almost came here last time... it was his wife's illness that stopped him

and BTW, he was going to bring Chan as his OC.
    what are your thoughts on his chances this time?

Crazyrick Guest

If they fire chan. And hire chin ill buy 4 season tickets next year instead of 2

lol if they retain chan ill laugh so hard to whoever attends the bills games next season
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154848&dateline=13370  34283

i dont see it. the bills will hire some bum for cheap.

demolitionman1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billsrule View Post
    i dont see it. the bills will hire some bum for cheap.
    I am sick and tired of hearing all of this dreaming bull**** ! These guys are supposed to be pro's for god sake.
    We have looked like crap since fitz signed his contract. I am so tired of thier ridiculos press conferences ??
    Chan Gailey, fitzpatrick are from the same dam farm. We are doomed with this pair including wannebe wanstandt.

Please Ralph Wilson, will you bring in some pride of ownership back to this once great team !!
    My pop warner football team does not want to be named the little bills any longer, my kids are embarrased of the way this team
    has given up !! I do believe we have talent on this team, but the loser's in control are destroying all the guy's

FIRE,,,,COACH, Q.B.,WANNABE, NIX............RIGHT FINN NOW !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1989 View Post
    If we got rid of Chan and got Cowher I'd be happy. That said I can't see him wanting to come here, nor can I see Wilson paying for him unless he wants to give us 'one last gift'...
    oh he will give one last gift, yes he will fire chan, but ralph will hire some scum bum to coach on the cheap!!!!! its going to get alot worst alot worst.

You Senior members bring up the same topics week in and week out, Who cares Bill Cowher won half as many super bowls as Mike Tomlin and the same amount as the Ravens Offensive Coordinator! big deal we need a complete overhaul of the organization from Russ Brandon down, these guys are losers to the bone. Ralph and the big guys need to spike the fans support and shake these guys up, Cut Fitz now! Bench Graham, start Tavaris Jackson, fire Wandstedt, let the fans know you care!! These guys quit at home (tor) again 4 games 40+ points against 2 50+ and no statement moves?