Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch From Toronto Star: This One Hurts Because It's Way Too True!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Someone or something getting the best of a Canadian wallet. Sounds American to me. As long as the canucks get shafted on the deal it's fine by me lol.

the Bills are packing the moving vans and leaving Buffalo just after Ralph's memorial service ends... keep laughing

Quote Originally Posted by PrrFeKtSpIrAl View Post
    So this guy says what alot of us have been saying for years............only some of YOU either didn't want to hear it or you knew it was true and just ignored it.

Broken record, again and again and again. Nothing changes around here until ownership does. That simple.

True, Spiral. However, this sort of vitriol has never been published in the equivalent of the NY Times. Besides, no one listens to us anyway...

Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Quote Originally Posted by ubcray View Post
    "Iím assuming that since you play in Buffalo, youíre wrong a lot."

I thought this line was unnecessary. But since his first name is Cathal, I'll forgive him.
    LOL. I thought there were several statements that were over the top. However, they are also arguably bang on target and well deserved.
    Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    This article cuts to the quick because it is exactly what needed to be said. The fact that it came out of Toronto amplifies it's veracity IMO, because they are dispassionate toward the Bills to begin with... and to use their 'loser' status as a sports town to equate to Buffalo... double ouch.

It's going to take me a bit to compose my reaction to yesterday's game (what I saw of it before I fell asleep). TBH, the press conferences afterward are worth an entire dose of wyobabble of their own. I have been simmering through this entire season and have yet to completely go off the rails. The reason I have not is frankly, THIS TEAM THIS YEAR is so obviously lacks any kind of leadership that if they don't care enough about winning, why should I?

Plenty of blame to go around, and I'll save most of it for the off season. Besides, most fans already know what this is all about. We are the EXPERTS at understanding the meaning of the term BUMBLING BILLS.

Don't hold back, let us have it. I want to read it while its still fresh in your mind. What we saw yesterday was indescribable and the usual babble that follows yet another embarrassing loss is almost predictable.

I am so sick of losing and I am really sick of seeing Chan and Fitz at that podium answering questions with the usual babble.

Enough is enough, maybe the team should get sold and moved to put us all out of our misery.

I'm sick of it, no one that runs this team can get it right, when does this nightmare end ?
    I raised my kids as Bills fans, should social services be talking to me about that ? Is that a form of child abuse ?

As a Torontoian this was bang on. Sadly the Bills fit right in with our sad sack of losers the Leafs, TFC, jays, and Raptors. The only good that came from this Bills game is maybeToronto will have a higher respect for the Argonauts who brought sporting joy to this city for a little while this year.

My thoughts on the Toronto - Bills series is the same it has always been. The Bills badly want a piece of Toronto's money and won't rest until they ensure that money is coming down to the Ralph on game days. I'd rather they not come at all, but I understand the reality that the Bills face, and Buffalo alone can no longer cut it as an NFL market. They need help. This is the modern age and money talks now more than ever. Toronto is loaded with money and Buffalo is closd to maxed out. Green Bay pulls from an entire state and Buffalo must own an entire region. Difference is Green Bay tries to win and gives real hope.

Sadly it all comes back to on field performance. Had the Bills gone 4 and 1 inToronto and been a respectable team in the NFL they could have won Toronto over. I have many friends who cheer for other teams, but have a soft spot for the Bills. If the Bills could win, they would be adopted as Toronto's team. As it stands we have enough losers up here and most fans cannot stomach another one.

Well stated, Warrior.

NC,

I would put out the mother of all rants today if I wrote what I'm thinking right now. It's coming, but it has to simmer awhile.

Twitter @wyobilzfan

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Well stated, Warrior.

NC,

I would put out the mother of all rants today if I wrote what I'm thinking right now. It's coming, but it has to simmer awhile.

I can't wait !!! I was so angry on this board last night I said some things I regretted, so I logged off and stayed off until today so I understand your wait to post stance.
    I raised my kids as Bills fans, should social services be talking to me about that ? Is that a form of child abuse ?

Quote Originally Posted by PrrFeKtSpIrAl View Post
    So this guy says what alot of us have been saying for years............only some of YOU either didn't want to hear it or you knew it was true and just ignored it.

Broken record, again and again and again. Nothing changes around here until ownership does. That simple.

You and I are on the same wagon spiral, been saying it for years. No body listens however. Unfortunately I wouls say that about 70 percent of more of the fans jumped on the wagon around 1990 give or take a year so they don't remember the earlier years so they don't equate all this bad football to Ralph, they prefer to think of him as some sort of football genius and if he were still sane he would have done something about this by now. I personally find this sad.

yeah, that game... atmosphere... halftime "show"....
    it all looked like a joke.

reminds me of a time i went to rogers centre to see a monster truck rally when i was about 15-16. all the trucks were there, but nothing cool happened. they did their jumps, but the mostly had smooth landings and just did a little race. no mayhem. no fury. no huge cheers from the crowd except for when one of the trucks did a burnout or something. they even made a demolition derby look soft.

i can honestly say that my favorite part of the game yesterday was either seeing lynch jaw it up with spiller or the stevie one handed catch. other than that it was pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by czech54 View Post
    Too bad Russ Brandon's ego is more important to him than the Bills winning football games.

As long as Russ is in charge of the organization, he will continue the series because he won't admit that his little idea was a complete disaster. It would be bad for his 'marketing genius' rep.
    You're giving Russ too much credit. A lot of this is the NFL's doing. US football is far and away the dominant sports in the USA, but it has almost 0 international appeal. The easiest way for the NFL to start making more $$ is to expand internationally.

Look at the NFL games in Mexico city or the Jaguars series in London.

Good article but nothing new.
    Bills fan since 1964
    Bills fan forever!!

I wonder how long the Eskimos will keep buying Ralph's ice cubes
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

The Bills for the most part, are not welcome in Canada and never have been. You will usually find more fans for the opposing team than you will for the (cough!) home team. Personally, I couldn't care less how The Bills are greeted there. Just don't try to convice anyone that it's a "home" game. We know better.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorCanuck View Post
    As a Torontoian this was bang on. Sadly the Bills fit right in with our sad sack of losers the Leafs, TFC, jays, and Raptors. The only good that came from this Bills game is maybeToronto will have a higher respect for the Argonauts who brought sporting joy to this city for a little while this year.

My thoughts on the Toronto - Bills series is the same it has always been. The Bills badly want a piece of Toronto's money and won't rest until they ensure that money is coming down to the Ralph on game days. I'd rather they not come at all, but I understand the reality that the Bills face, and Buffalo alone can no longer cut it as an NFL market. They need help. This is the modern age and money talks now more than ever. Toronto is loaded with money and Buffalo is closd to maxed out. Green Bay pulls from an entire state and Buffalo must own an entire region. Difference is Green Bay tries to win and gives real hope.

Sadly it all comes back to on field performance. Had the Bills gone 4 and 1 inToronto and been a respectable team in the NFL they could have won Toronto over. I have many friends who cheer for other teams, but have a soft spot for the Bills. If the Bills could win, they would be adopted as Toronto's team. As it stands we have enough losers up here and most fans cannot stomach another one.
    All good points Warrior.
    I'll add the timing of this enterprise with a club trying to break 500 every year from a city that has seen better days is off. The roots are blue collar and the Bills are usually an underdog and they should market themselves as such. As Giant killers, or even Jets killers, but unfortunately for now they are not quite yet in that position to successfully win hearts with inspired play.
    They certainly seem like a long shot trying to crack Toronto's market as is, but much of southern Ontario is loosing industry and has been for years now. It's becoming Canada's rust belt. There are large areas and citys that could relate to Buffalo more than fat cat Toronto. Not that Toronto is bad, but it's a different kind of place more like NYC in some regards rather than Buffalo, but there are still millions who can relate more to Buffalo than NYC and the Bills could have been a refreshing change instead of a bad joke and still might have a chance, winning cures everything and people have short memories. Especially in the what have you done for me lately sports world.

A few key pieces are missing, but if they ever get a break with a good qb, maybe a coach that can take them to the next level, many people would be happy to root for them and see them succeed. A few more hard core Bills fans may be born. Most now are of the last couple of generations past. This thing can be worthwhile as far as it's originlal intentions go, to make money, make new fans and keep the franchise viable in Buffalo. All it takes is some luck and more smarts than they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshawnLynch#23 View Post
    The whole Toronto series has been a bust. The stadium is bad, fans are kinda terrible, and the game has a preseason feel to it. It is what it is. Another slap to the Buffalo Bills fans faces to go with their 13 years of bogus football.
    ....sure is great to get penalized every year with 7 home games....not that it would matter much with this pathetic qb & coach....I can't wait for new ownership and an end to this worthless Toronto experiment....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Hopefully this guy reviews any Guy Fieri restaurants that may open in Toronto

background: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/di...uare.html?_r=0

I love the media

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    The Bills for the most part, are not welcome in Canada and never have been. You will usually find more fans for the opposing team than you will for the (cough!) home team. Personally, I couldn't care less how The Bills are greeted there. Just don't try to convice anyone that it's a "home" game. We know better.
    I agree with you. The fans from the Toronto area and Southern Ontario have already been Buffalo fans and season ticket holders. Noone will convince me that this product Buffalo is putting on the field is bringing more fans from Canada to Buffalo. I would not be surprised if Rogers refuses to sign a new deal until Gailey is fired. I believe from the opening kick off that there were more fans cheering for Seattle than Buffalo. I saw alot of NE and Jets jerseys in the stands too. This whole deal is a fail, except for RW and the money the NFL gets.

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    ....sure is great to get penalized every year with 7 home games....not that it would matter much with this pathetic qb & coach....I can't wait for new ownership and an end to this worthless Toronto experiment....
    The Bills have trouble winning over their OWN crowd. What makes them think they'll win over the Toronto crowd, especially with the way they've been playing.

I find it tragic to watch Bills games because they are essentially the SAME EXACT GAME. I can deal with competitive losses. I can't deal with inept play. Even when there's a lead, you can't help but feel like they're going to blow it.

Sadly, I can't help but root them on because they're still my favorite team. The Buffalo Bills are like that ex-girlfriend you deal with. You hate her...but you love her.

Originally from Cobleskill, NY - now in Jax, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Hoods View Post
    The Bills have trouble winning over their OWN crowd. What makes them think they'll win over the Toronto crowd, especially with the way they've been playing.

I find it tragic to watch Bills games because they are essentially the SAME EXACT GAME. I can deal with competitive losses. I can't deal with inept play. Even when there's a lead, you can't help but feel like they're going to blow it.

Sadly, I can't help but root them on because they're still my favorite team. The Buffalo Bills are like that ex-girlfriend you deal with. You hate her...but you love her.
    Actually being a Bills fan is more like having a kid with downs syndrome. You have to severely limit your expectations and celebrate any kind of positive things that may happen no matter how insignificant because expecting too much is futile.

Completely disturbing, sad, and true. I'm less disgusted by the loss than I am by the fact that somehow Chan hasn't been fired and Fitz hasn't been cut.