Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your First Three Rounds

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    People ...the combine means nothing. How did he perform on the football field the last 4 years?! That is what is important. He is a 4 year starter. With close to 400 tackles in his career. He is not a slug.

Besides, Te'o will start cutting weight on January 8th and lose another 10 lbs and run a nice 40 yard dash.
    Sorry Dude,

There are a TON of LBers that have performed over 4 years, and was out because they do not have the speed to cover.

People ...the combine means nothing. How did he perform on the football field the last 4 years?! That is what is important. He is a 4 year starter. With close to 400 tackles in his career. He is not a slug.

Besides, Te'o will start cutting weight on January 8th and lose another 10 lbs and run a nice 40 yard dash.
    The combine does matter. If he runs a 4.9, it indicates he won't be able to cover at the NFL level.

Simply put, how's a guy who runs a 4.9 supposed to cover a RB or TE who runs a 4.5?

Look at Brandon Spikes and Rolando McClain. Both were absolute studs in college, but neither can run. Accordingly, McClain is on his way out of Oakland because he's such a liability in coverage and Spikes is solely a 2 down linebacker because he can't cover.

Carzy comment, combine means everything. Every year players wow at the combine and move up and some are duds and end up falling way off.

If you can not run, you can not expect to chase down RB's and these new hybrid TE's.
    One day soon the the sun will shine in snowy Buffalo and our bandwagon will run everyone over taking no passengers

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    The combine does matter.

If he runs a 4.9, it indicates he won't be able to cover at the NFL level.

Simply put, how's a guy who runs a 4.9 supposed to cover a RB or TE who runs a 4.5?
    Reading my mind
    One day soon the the sun will shine in snowy Buffalo and our bandwagon will run everyone over taking no passengers

Quote Originally Posted by BillsKill View Post
    Yes, he will interview well and test well, but speed is big in the NFL, especially when you are making this early of a pick. That kid Hightower from NE, was a beast in college, went from possible top 10 pick to second round because of a bad 40. I think he ran 5 flat, not saying Te'O will be that bad, but I am guessing not that far off.
    He is not going to run a 40 at the combine watch.

I know if I was him I would not even touch the 3-cone, 40 or any of the things that will show the NFL if I can be a 3-down LBer in the NFL until my proday.

I want Te'o and Glennon personally, what do ya'll think we would need to do to land both of them from this draft? Also good points about the Combine, the thing is overrated but some decent info does come out of it so we shouldn't get too attached to anyone guy right now.

1. WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
    (trade our 2nd and 4th back into the mid-first)
    2. QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
    3. OLB Jamie Collins, Sourthern Miss.
    **Doug Whaley Supporter**

Quote Originally Posted by Rochesterian Bills Fan View Post
    I want Te'o and Glennon personally, what do ya'll think we would need to do to land both of them from this draft?
    Trade back up into the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTBobby2 View Post
    He is not going to run a 40 at the combine watch.

I know if I was him I would not even touch the 3-cone, 40 or any of the things that will show the NFL if I can be a 3-down LBer in the NFL until my proday.
    If he does skip it, it just reaffirms he can't run.

Year after year, guys who avoid running at the combine slide down boards because it indicates they're hiding something...

Would have to trade our 2014 first round pick to move back up to a spot to get Glennon...

People are gonna hate me for this for sure But right now Inside ND I take these players all over Manti Teo

1. Tyler Eifert (If Declares)
    2. Bennett Jackson (If Declares)
    3. Nix - if he delcares (I know he submitted his draft evaluation paperwork).

Who I really like in the 5th (might move up) is Braxton Cave as center depth to Eric.

I know that but I was wondering more like what we have on the table to try and do that. (Cash, trades, future draft picks, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Would have to trade our 2014 first round pick to move back up to a spot to get Glennon...
    I agree, I think Glennon will move himself into the 10-20 range.

I still say you move down in the first

1st - Glennon
    2nd - LBer
    2nd - WR
    3rd - LBer, QB, CB

Quote Originally Posted by Rochesterian Bills Fan View Post
    I know that but I was wondering more like what we have on the table to try and do that. (Cash, trades, future draft picks, etc.)
    Ok lets say we are picking 5th.

If you take Teo there (I would not touch him anywhere in the top 20)

Then you most likely will have to get to 15-20 to get Glennon

So you are talking your 2nd rounder (2013), 1st (most likely, 2014).

Again all hard to do right now because dont know where we are picking, who is in that 15-20 range right now or who is going into the draft yet.

But my early thinking is you would get one of the two so it would be Either Glennon or Teo I dont think you are getting both (again right now)

Dream Draft
    1. Geno Smith QB WVU
    2. C.J Mosley OLB Alabama (falls hard after combine)
    3. Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
    4. Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
    5. Montee Ball RB Wisconsin/
    6. Zac Dysert QB Miami of Ohio

Realistic Draft
    1 Tyler Wilson. QB Arkansas
    2 Robert Woods WR USC
    3 Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
    4 Tyrann Mathieu CB/S LSU
    5 Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
    6 Bennett Jackson CB Notre Dame
    Last edited by TrueBuffalo; 12-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBaumer View Post
    LB
    QB
    QB

This team needs two QBs so they better start to figure this out now.....
    Worked for Washington

Qb
    wr
    qb

I agree there is no reason not to take 2 QBs. We need them to battle it out for the starting spot and the other to fill the number two role. With Fitz and Thiggy hitting the bricks come January. There are no more excuses or explanations for keeping Fitz... Or Chan for that matter. If nix doesn't cut ties with these two under achieving men then the NFL may be cutting tie with nix for good. I wonder if any other team in the leauge has gone as long as we have without drafting a QB. It's just totally insane not to so at least every other year.

what is people's obsession with glennon? Watching all the available film on his he is not impressive. Accuracy is shotty, footwork isnt impressive, and his mobility is worse than manning and brady's.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBuffalo View Post
    I agree there is no reason not to take 2 QBs. We need them to battle it out for the starting spot and the other to fill the number two role. With Fitz and Thiggy hitting the bricks come January. There are no more excuses or explanations for keeping Fitz... Or Chan for that matter. If nix doesn't cut ties with these two under achieving men then the NFL may be cutting tie with nix for good. I wonder if any other team in the leauge has gone as long as we have without drafting a QB. It's just totally insane not to so at least every other year.
    Well right now if they cut Fitz in Jan there is NO QB on this roster.

Thigpen - UFA
    T. Jax - UFA
    Fitx - CUT

I guess that would leave us Brad Smith as QB going into the Free Agent period.

In that case I def would draft 2 QBs