Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another first round bust

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    dareus is fine, gilmore on the other hand is not worthy of the 10th overall pick so far !
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Leave it to Buffy to post another ridiculous anti-Gilmore rant, even when it's not the subject at hand.
    Last edited by 54 Schpiely; 12-18-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

We've seen Dareus play well.

The big boy has been through a lot and I'm sure we'll see him rebound next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    dareus is fine, gilmore on the other hand is not worthy of the 10th overall pick so far !
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You realize he hasnt allowed a TD since week 5 and didnt allow a WR more than 50 yards weeks 8 through 13. He had another excellent game against Seattle allowing only 3 Receptions and no TD's

But please continue pretending to know what your talking about

He was a STEAL at 10
    CB S.Gilmore will be a Buffalo Bill come draft day 2012. Mark it down 4-15-12(even though I've been saying for over a month now)

“As an outside backer in a 3-4 you want a guy 6’4” or 6’5” 255 or 260. In a 4-3 those guys are defensive ends."-Buddy Nix (For some reason people have a real tough time understanding this on this Bills Board, Along with the fact that a DE in a 3-4 is a DT in a 4-3)

The OP has a Dareus post every week-- just a bit repetitive, not to mention overboard. I've been as down on him this year as anyone-- I feel he has been out of shape and virtually invisible in at least half of the games. That said, I would give him until 2013 before breaking out the "B" word. Hopefully he reports next year in much better shape, both physically and mentally. If his performance doesn't improve (especially in light of the fact that the guys drafted around him are pretty much all pro bowlers), his name will be added to the seemingly endless list of Bills first round disappointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    Dareus was a non-show again. He'd better lose 30 - 40 lbs and show up next year in shape ready to play next year or he'll be out of the league.
    What's this? An Ibtrolly thread hating on Marcell Dareus?

This is new and exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitziztheman View Post
    he gets a pass this year because of his brother

no1 should be jumping on him, he showed great promise last year, if anything he should see support from fans, not hate
    He gets a pass because of his brother? I'm not sure that's how it works.

He showed the same mistakes and erratic play he's showed last year. His "break out" game was against the Redskins who were playing 3 backup O-lineman by the the time the game ended and they started 2 down.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

I still give Dareus the benefit of the doubt due to his brothers deaths and the switch to an basic, unimaginative 4-3 defense.

But his inconsistency this year is very alarming, and it's not a coincidence that once again he was a non factor in a game that the defense reverted back to early season form.

I still believe the bigger issue here is that Dareus is a better fit for the 3-4 defense and I'm still holding out hope we'll switch back to it next year if we have a new HC.