Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey has acted all season as though he was fired last season. (espn)

Default Chan Gailey has acted all season as though he was fired last season. (espn)

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

12+ years of wide right

Just read this before coming here. I chuckled.
    #BeatemBills

My guess is that Chan may know his job is on the line and getting blown out by the Jets in week 1, losing to the Titans the way they did, giving up 50+ to the Pats, will do that too you

I'll have to go back and watch this again. Didn't notice if Chandler gave effort or not, not that it would have made any difference

Seattle's Marshawn Lynch was running for a touchdown with only Buffalo's Da'Norris Searcy between him and pay dirt. At the goal line, Searcy stepped out of Lynch's way so he would not have to exert himself by attempting a tackle. Later, Earl Thomas intercepted a pass intended for Buffalo's Scott Chandler. Thomas fell to the turf; all Chandler had to do was touch him, and the play was over. Instead, Chandler did nothing, then didn't bother to chase Thomas as he took off for a 57-yard, game-icing touchdown.

Stats of the Week No. 8: On Sunday, the Bills play at Miami; Buffalo is on a 2-for-35 third-down conversion streak versus the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by msmont View Post
    Stats of the Week No. 8: On Sunday, the Bills play at Miami; Buffalo is on a 2-for-35 third-down conversion streak versus the Dolphins.
    Yes and this is because of the coach and the q.b.

New coach needed... the only guy(s) supporting him to come back is Fitz, maybe Stevie.

Any support from players other than Fitz has to be seen as faux-support and looking good in media. Nobody has any reason to support Chan other than Fitz because any chance of him keeping his job is tied to Chan's...
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

I'll have to go back and watch this again. Didn't notice if Chandler gave effort or not, not that it would have made any difference

Seattle's Marshawn Lynch was running for a touchdown with only Buffalo's Da'Norris Searcy between him and pay dirt. At the goal line, Searcy stepped out of Lynch's way so he would not have to exert himself by attempting a tackle. Later, Earl Thomas intercepted a pass intended for Buffalo's Scott Chandler. Thomas fell to the turf; all Chandler had to do was touch him, and the play was over. Instead, Chandler did nothing, then didn't bother to chase Thomas as he took off for a 57-yard, game-icing touchdown.
    Under the caveat assuming this is all true, This gets me more mad than all the blowouts combined. Esp of all people Searcy who has been at best marginal. I did note that Byrd on that long run by ML was humiliated and sure didn't want to tackle Lynch either.

Upon looking at the play, this is a bit unfair to Chandler. The guy was not close enough for Chandler just to touch him, that is utter non-sense, what Chandler does is he assumes it is an incomplete pass trying to influence the refs waving his arms for the signal as the guy gets up and trucks past him. Now after that happens he demonstrates a 1 out of 10 effort to chase him down, unfortunately as do a lot of other Bills running half speed.

To the thrust of the OP thesis, the effort on that play was donwright disgusting. Cant blame it just on Chandler, he simply looks like a doofus (not coached maybe?) to keep playing and dont wait for refs calls.

AS for Searcy, that is a bit unfair, he overran the play and was in no real position to make the play, but tough/physical teams make others players pay for their TDs, our players watch them waltz in the end zone. His effort also was a 1 out of 10 in the end zone.
    Last edited by DarylLamonica; 12-18-2012 at 12:18 PM.

I love Jarius... but if I'm him, I'm counting the days until I can get out of here!

I think we franchise him, but I don't think he wants to come back!
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

i saw the Searcy play....He would have been hitting Lynch two yards into the endzone already with Lynch running full speed. There was no reason to make a hit there. just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo1183 View Post
    i saw the Searcy play....He would have been hitting Lynch two yards into the endzone already with Lynch running full speed. There was no reason to make a hit there. just sayin.....
    That is all true, no way he was going to stop him but this is an example of where the Bills don't play physical, Searcy should have tried to make him pay for getting in the end zone. Ed Reed wouldn't have watched him go in.

wow. another horrible stat with this bunch in division games.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

We're going to get crushed by the Dolphins.

Tannenhill seems to have upped his game the last few weeks and we barely beat them on the thursday night game despite what many felt was the Bills best defensive performance of the year.

But I'm sure we'll hear how prepared we were and how the players love and support Gailey afterwards.
    Last edited by WilliamsWreckingCrew; 12-18-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Nobody knows with any certainty what the length of Chan's contract is. When he first signed, I thought I heard 3yrs. If it 3yrs, then this braintrust went into the season with a lame duck coach and this would be almost expected.

Quote Originally Posted by cdub_bills_12 View Post
    New coach needed... the only guy(s) supporting him to come back is Fitz, maybe Stevie.

Any support from players other than Fitz has to be seen as faux-support and looking good in media. Nobody has any reason to support Chan other than Fitz because any chance of him keeping his job is tied to Chan's...
    .....I doubt very strongly that Stevie has any support for Chan....he wants a better qb more than anyone on this team....do you really think Stevie wants to put himself at risk like that crazy catch he made because Fitz can't throw the ball acurately anywhere.....deep down I guarantee you Stevie wants RF gone yesterday but won't come out and say anything publically.....it's all moot anyway because Chan is as good as fired and RF will be gonzo....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    .....I doubt very strongly that Stevie has any support for Chan....he wants a better qb more than anyone on this team....do you really think Stevie wants to put himself at risk like that crazy catch he made because Fitz can't throw the ball acurately anywhere.....deep down I guarantee you Stevie wants RF gone yesterday but won't come out and say anything publically.....it's all moot anyway because Chan is as good as fired and RF will be gonzo....
    I have to give credit to SJ, I believe he has matured substantially from last year, kudos for him not throwing RF under the proverbial bus. The only weird comment he had was letting Fitz call plays, sort of throwing Chan under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    Yes and this is because of the coach and the q.b.
    One of them consistently calls a draw play on 3rd and long game in and game out..

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    That is all true, no way he was going to stop him but this is an example of where the Bills don't play physical, Searcy should have tried to make him pay for getting in the end zone. Ed Reed wouldn't have watched him go in.
    Yes he would have. Reed is the one of the softest and worst tackling safety in the league. But he still might be the best safety in the league.

Donte Whitner would not have allowed that to happen.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

This site says he has a 3yr contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/chan-gailey/