Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy Nix has been a good GM...

Default Buddy Nix has been a good GM...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Regardless of what most of us fans believe. Nix has done a good job of building this team from the basement up considering Gailey decided to change defensive schemes from the Tampa 2 to the 3-4 which we had very little talent to fill, to a 4-3. Nix isn't the guy who decides what schemes the team is gonna run, that's the coaches. It's Nix's job to fill the roster with players capable of filling whatever roles they need to. Nix has been fairly active in the FA period. The coaching has been horrific to say the least. There are quite a few guys on the coaching staff where this their first real gig at coaching in the NFL, and it shows by the lack of in game adjustments made at the half. In 2009 this team had very little talent compared to now. If Nix refuses to fire Gailey after this season then he becomes part of the problem. Gailey and this coaching staff have done nothing to warrant being kept around for another season continuity or not. The defense has been subpar, Spiller has been under utilized, and Chan still keeps throwing the ball 50 times a game. Nix has kept his word and is resigning what talent we do have. Not to say that Nix hasn't had his share of questionable moves, but he's been by far and away the best GM we've had here in a long time.

sig by Slinkcsubacca

2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

Coach and quarterback selection are the only major gripes I have with Nix. Unfortunately, those are the spots holding us back from success. Nix doesn't get a pass on that. Even though I believe the talent level of the roster has improved in nearly every other area, those two decisions are leaving us with the 2nd worst record during his tenure.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

I think this off season Nix will show a winner or the rest of the failed ppl here past 10-12 years. By getting us a good coaching staff and a good QB along with LBS along with Bryd. Then Nix has my final support.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    Coach and quarterback selection are the only major gripes I have with Nix. Unfortunately, those are the spots holding us back from success. Nix doesn't get a pass on that. Even though I believe the talent level of the roster has improved in nearly every other area, those two decisions are leaving us with the 2nd worst record during his tenure.
    I'll give you the quarterbacking situation he should have addressed that the day Trent Edwards was cut. We have no idea what happened, or who even interviewed for the coaching job. For all we know Nix was still under direction from Ralph to make that hire. I don't think he'll be under Ralph's thumb to make a coaching hire this time.

sig by Slinkcsubacca

Are our expectations so miniscule that you can actually believe what you wrote in this post?.
    Nix has been an utter and total failure as GM of the Bills. Period.

Sure, except for whiffing on nearly all of his draft picks and failing to provide the roster with any meaningful talent or coaching. Other than that he's been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis16 View Post
    I'll give you the quarterbacking situation he should have addressed that the day Trent Edwards was cut. We have no idea what happened, or who even interviewed for the coaching job. For all we know Nix was still under direction from Ralph to make that hire. I don't think he'll be under Ralph's thumb to make a coaching hire this time.
    I don't think he was last time.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

He picked the coach and quarterback,enough said. He has had badddd drafts. How havent the bills picked one quarterback in the bunny nix era. He traded up to get a 6th round talent in graham over a pressing need at qb. Aaron Williams over dalton and kaepernick. Great football minds like shanahan realize you need to develop a young qb,so what does Washington do,draft two. San Fran had smith 24 in 4 as starter,they drafted kaepernick. Seattle traded for Flynn and still drafted Wilson. STOP REACHING FOR USELSS AND GARBAGE THREADS. HE IS AND AWFUL GM, HE IS TO DUMB TO REALIZE YOU NEED A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK AND NEVER ADDRESSED IT. DONE

2011 dareus and Williams or Cincinnati who drafted one spot behind us AJ green and dalton. Hmmm cinci 8 in 6 and bills 5 in 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Learn football View Post
    He picked the coach and quarterback,enough said. He has had badddd drafts. How havent the bills picked one quarterback in the bunny nix era. He traded up to get a 6th round talent in graham over a pressing need at qb. Aaron Williams over dalton and kaepernick. Great football minds like shanahan realize you need to develop a young qb,so what does Washington do,draft two. San Fran had smith 24 in 4 as starter,they drafted kaepernick. Seattle traded for Flynn and still drafted Wilson. STOP REACHING FOR USELSS AND GARBAGE THREADS. HE IS AND AWFUL GM, HE IS TO DUMB TO REALIZE YOU NEED A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK AND NEVER ADDRESSED IT. DONE
    take the volume from a 10, to about a 3.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Sorry TEEF CAKE,WHERE'S THE TEEF

Sorry TEEF CAKE,WHERE'S THE TEEF
    that's an 8.

Respect Buddy Nix he has the right know how and he will get us over to the top half of the AFC East
    Don't get hit

You are still back in the Bruce smith era,when you get out of the 90s let us know

Hey Bruce sorry,you still must be sleeping at the red light or is it green by now

i'm still on the side that buddy has done far more good than bad for this team. there's certainly been mistakes, and i'm sure nix knows it. he'll try to solve a lot this offseason like he did last year. it's still a work in progress imo. it may not end well, but it's worth giving the process more time.

TEEF cake,he is 73 years old. He gets his first gm gig and he falls flat. In 90 years of being in football or is it 120 yrs,he still hasn't realized how to build a team. Please , you really want to give a 73 yr old guy a do over. It is time for some young energetic blood in this organization

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    i'm still on the side that buddy has done far more good than bad for this team. there's certainly been mistakes, and i'm sure nix knows it. he'll try to solve a lot this offseason like he did last year. it's still a work in progress imo. it may not end well, but it's worth giving the process more time.
    Some people just refuse to see this part of what nix has done, because heaven forbid they actually give someone credit for doing a decent job. Plus it's hard to argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

sig by Slinkcsubacca

TEEF cake,he is 73 years old. He gets his first gm gig and he falls flat. In 90 years of being in football or is it 120 yrs,he still hasn't realized how to build a team. Please , you really want to give a 73 yr old guy a do over. It is time for some young energetic blood in this organization
    you've clearly been playing madden far too much, it's not as easy to build a team in real life as it is on a game.

sig by Slinkcsubacca

J lew,what are you talking about. We are 6 in 17 in last 23. You couldn't tell 3 years ago Fitzpatrick was not a good qb.he doesn't draft one qb . How can't you see that.san Fran,Seattle,Washington all drafted qbs when they already had one. What are there records