Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: Eric Wood rips Toronto series

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    I don't doubt that.

    I'm simply pointing out the reason he thinks it's a joke is because the Bills stink.

    If they were 8-5 heading into their match up with Seattle instead of 5-8, the atmosphere in Toronto would have been way better because Canadian Fans would have actually shown up.
    I disagree. Most of the Canadian fans that love the Bills already come to the Ralph. All this sorry excuse for an experiment shows me is the Canadian fans that come, come to see opposing team and their stars. I saw alot in NE, Jets, Seattle jerseys. It sounded like a Seattle home game to me. OK, it was meaningless for the Bills, but what about IF we ever are in contention again late in the year. It's not fair to Bills fans, not at all. The Bills players and fans hate it. Only ones who like it are the opposing teams.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cin4theBills View Post
    I disagree. Most of the Canadian fans that love the Bills already come to the Ralph. All this sorry excuse for an experiment shows me is the Canadian fans that come, come to see opposing team and their stars. I saw alot in NE, Jets, Seattle jerseys. It sounded like a Seattle home game to me. OK, it was meaningless for the Bills, but what about IF we ever are in contention again late in the year. It's not fair to Bills fans, not at all. The Bills players and fans hate it. Only ones who like it are the opposing teams.
    Bills were in contention last year against the Redskins.

    Crowd and atmosphere was very good because real Bills fans went to the game.

    Like I said, win some games, make yourself relevant and the Toronto series, just like Bills home games in December, will sell more tickets and have a more enthusiastic crowd.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schoffy33 View Post
    That's why Wood is my favorite active Bill! He tells it like it is and doesn't care who it offends! Remember him telling Maybin to urn his paycheck?!?! Team captain for years to come written all over him!!!

    Ask him if he likes Gailey and Fitz??

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    Then he wouldn't be playing injured this week.

    kind of thinking the same thing about Woods wanting out. Watch, all of a sudden he gets cut end of the year....

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    11,436

    Default

    at the bitter Canadian comments. Face it, the Toronto Series has been a complete flop as a game. Monetarily, it was a win for Ralph, but he sacrificed a lively crowd for money. From silent crowds to scared fans not knowing what to do when a player attempts to hop into the stands. The people who attend these games don't understand what it takes when they attend a football game.
    This signature won't change until the Bills make the playoffs - January 12, 2006

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Williamsville,NY
    Posts
    8,337

    Default

    Dear Mods: Eric wood spoke out against Bills management. Does he get banned from the BBMB??
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cin4theBills View Post
    kind of thinking the same thing about Woods wanting out. Watch, all of a sudden he gets cut end of the year....
    Stop being mental they aren't cutting Wood. Get a grip.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

    Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

    In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FieldGeneral View Post
    at the bitter Canadian comments. Face it, the Toronto Series has been a complete flop as a game. Monetarily, it was a win for Ralph, but he sacrificed a lively crowd for money. From silent crowds to scared fans not knowing what to do when a player attempts to hop into the stands. The people who attend these games don't understand what it takes when they attend a football game.
    Are you actually reading the posts or making assumptions? No Canadian Bills fan on here thinks the Toronto series is a good idea.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    654

    Default

    That is a great article. He is dead on with the home field advantage. If we had a winning season and beat Seattle that never would have been said, though.

    But...$80 mil over 5 years (I think that's what it was) was a no brainer for Ralph. Besides, it kept season ticket prices lower for everyone.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lorne1 View Post
    Hey Wood you're 5 and 8 and not in playoffs as usual
    You just played one game in Toronto
    Stop blaming every one the only responsable are the losers who play for Buffalo

    The franchise is a joke.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Scarberia
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Ok Woody, let's blame last sunday's horrendous slaughter by a west coast team that had to cross 3 time zones, on the Toronto fans..You weren't even there so I guess you had to be told about the fans.

    What about the previous 45+ point massacres this year by the 49rs, Patriots and yes...even the lowly Jets?

    The Patriots had no problem scoring 52 at the Ralph with the very loud fans. What happened there? Was it not loud enough for you?

    Come one man, this team has been an unmitigated disaster this year that no home crowd can help. Some serious self reflection by the players, coaches and management is required...not criticism of fans.
    Last edited by george91; 12-19-2012 at 07:22 PM.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,210

    Default

    And if the Bills won 5 out of 5 Toronto games, the players would be loving it.

    Why did it take 5 years before anyone has said anything about the Toronto fiasco. Its a little late for players to come out and say they have a problem with it.

    If the Bills were any sort of professional franchise, theyd play hard no matter the venue and actually compete........instead of giving up, rolling over and letting teams walk all over them.
    Dont like the Toronto games, then blame the FO at OBD, chump.......theyre the ones who approved this experimental trainwreck.
    Heres a little food for thought........has anyone ever considered that maybe Canadians dont really like the Bills playing in Toronto either.
    Can you dig it?

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ottawa aka No Fun Town
    Posts
    15,650

    Default

    the series sucks because we lose in Toronto like we lose everywhere else
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Things will only get worse if this thing renews.

    I have seasons tickets at the Ralph and I bought the 5 year pack in Toronto because it's close to home for me. Now my 5 year commitment to Toronto games is over and there is no way in **** they will get me back into that stadium. Of the 6 people around me who bought the five year pack I have to assume they all feel the same way as none of them showed up to the game this weekend. So if the 5 year plan people can bail out now, where would next years ticket buyers come from?

    Please kill this thing off. Also look for all **** to break loose if they continue the Toronto series and stick Bills season ticket holders with both preseason games. The only small benefit of the Toronto series was not paying for the odd preseason game in Buffalo.
    Last edited by strummer50; 12-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.

  15. #95

    Default

    I don't want to hear it's that Torontonians won't support a crappy product. Hell, they have been supporting the Maple Leafs for decades!



  16. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    Stop being mental they aren't cutting Wood. Get a grip.
    calm down, it was tongue in cheek. Although I don't think you cross Russ Brandon and get off easy....

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ottawa aka No Fun Town
    Posts
    15,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    I don't want to hear it's that Torontonians won't support a crappy product. Hell, they have been supporting the Maple Leafs for decades!
    yes but that's made in Canada crap and we're proud of it
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Delaware/Elmwood
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Bills were in contention last year against the Redskins.

    Crowd and atmosphere was very good because real Bills fans went to the game.

    Like I said, win some games, make yourself relevant and the Toronto series, just like Bills home games in December, will sell more tickets and have a more enthusiastic crowd.
    yes, what he said

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    4,691

    Default

    The bottom line is this: The only NFL Toronto is ever going to get is; the one game a year from the Buffalo Bills.
    The NFL is never going to field a full time team in Toronto ever. Whether Toronto fans believe this or not, it is a fact.
    Toronto is part of Buffalo's region and as a result, Toronto will get the odd game played there.

    Toronto may be a huge market population wise, but it is a very tiny TV Market and TV revenue is what drives the league.

    The Canadian TV market just can't support the revenue the NFL requires, there is just not enough money for one team in this Country.

    The fact remains that the U.S. broadcasters can't measure TV ratings in Canada and as a result they would unable to sell commercial time for a team in Canada. Not to mention that Canadian TV can only broadcast Canadian content commercials over its airwaves.

    Another fact remains, that the TV ratings in Canada are puny compared to the U.S. ratings. The NFL averages around 700,000 viewers per game, which is actually below CFL and NHL and while those numbers are good up here, they are chump change in the U.S.
    Last edited by geargo; 12-19-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Whether you think you can or can't either way you are right--Henry Ford

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Scarberia
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Just saw Wood's interview from today on Sportsnet a few minutes ago. He made the comment "We went up there and lost by a ton, the Rams went to London and lost by a ton".

    Both teams played in the same environment. A classic case of when teams are losing, everything is a problem, when a team is winning, those annoyances smell like roses.
    Maybe he should have commented about his QB's 3 quick turnovers in the third quarter, that all turned into Seahawk points. That minor detail has more to do with sunday's slaughter than what the fans were doing.
    Last edited by george91; 12-19-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •