Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would love to draft either Glennon or Dysert...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    Then who do you want to replace Fitz?
    The mythical Franchise QB. Last seen on a unicorn heading towards Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by lonce View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh, Bills fans. You guys are like Buddy Nix. Glennon is not going to make it to the second round and Dysert is going to be gone long before the third.
    That's been Buddy's problem, he's valuing QB's like they used to be valued. They are highly coveted these days and there are a lot of teams looking for new QB's.
    Exactly, with the way the last 2 drafts have gone, we can't count on getting a QB at exact value in the draft. Locker was drafted at #8 2 years ago when most considered him a late 1st round to early 2nd round prospect. Ponder went at #12 when just about everyone considered him a 2nd round prospect. Tannehill went at #8 last year when NO ONE considered him a legit top 10 prospect. Even Wilson was drafted in the 3rd, which was a round above where he was projected. QB is the one position you can't just let a player fall to you. Go out and get him. If we want Glennon or Dysert, I have a feeling we'll have to take them in the 1st, barring major setbacks in all star games, at the combine, or in the interview process.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTBobby2 View Post
    I take them both.

My plan right now is to move to the 15-20 range and pick up an extra second and take Glennon.

Then in the 3rd I take Dysert.

I am using washingtons philosophy here, because well I dont see any QB that is currently on our roster that should stay (Fitz - Cut, Thigpen and Jackson not resigned)
    Everyone feels the frustration with the QB play. However, I don't think you would find 1 GM in the league that would go into a season with 2 rookies and no veteran on the roster at QB.

You also didn't mention the most useless QB, Brad Smith. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    and have one of them take the starters job from Fitz in the preseason. These guys have everything you look for in a franchise QB- great size, natural throwers with accuracy in the pocket or on the run, arm strength, leadership and experience...I can see it now...it would be like the 90s all over again on Sundays at the Ralph...that place would be rocking, and and everyone would be holding their collective breath on every pass thrown. It would be the dawning of a new era in Buffalo!

And plus, why waste another season with Fitz starting out and waiting til mid season to start the rookie, if at all...let him practice with the 1's and build chemistry, grab a WR and LB in the next two rounds and we are set...NO TRADING UP FOR A QB. One of these guys will be there for us if we end up with a top 10 pick.

Discuss

I wouldn't go as far as you have and say everything you look for. Glennon has movement issues, for one thing.

But I'd really like to get Glennon. Haven't really looked enough at Dysert to make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    Exactly, with the way the last 2 drafts have gone, we can't count on getting a QB at exact value in the draft. Locker was drafted at #8 2 years ago when most considered him a late 1st round to early 2nd round prospect. Ponder went at #12 when just about everyone considered him a 2nd round prospect. Tannehill went at #8 last year when NO ONE considered him a legit top 10 prospect. Even Wilson was drafted in the 3rd, which was a round above where he was projected. QB is the one position you can't just let a player fall to you. Go out and get him. If we want Glennon or Dysert, I have a feeling we'll have to take them in the 1st, barring major setbacks in all star games, at the combine, or in the interview process.

From what I can tell, you're exactly right on.

My impression is that Buddy wanted a QB in the draft the last few years but only wanted to get one at the correct value. Seems like he has finally accepted that QBs simply no longer fall to their correct value, that you have to grab a guy way ahead of where you think he should go.

I live in Raleigh and have seen Glennon first hand, he's not the answer. Not clutch, a statue, and keys in one receiver. Pass.
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

"The only things you will regret in life are the risks not taken"

Quote Originally Posted by textbook 27 View Post
    That had not occurred to me until now
    He reminds me A LOT like Kaepernick, and with the proper coaching, his interceptions, like you said, are correctable
    However, his quick release and his speed are things that cant really be taught, and are just additional attributes to his already solid game

Whenever I hear people say that INTs are correctable, I wince. Almost anything is correctable, theoretically. However, a vast majority of correctable problems turn out not to get corrected.