Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone considering taking a year off?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Take a year off? And miss the big push to their first Super Bowl Championship? No way!

Thought about it today. I'm not saying I will, but I thought about it. It's going to be so hard to watch and not enjoyable at all.
    3 years ago

"What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

I took half the year off after the titans game I haven't been watching really. Go 49ers as my adopted team. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Klaista2k View Post
    If Gailey's back anyone seriously considering taking a year off from the Bills?

IMO it will be too hard to watch knowing they'll be crappy again.
    I know they'll be crappy every year. I still watch every game I can, though, for some reason.
    Adopt a Bill 2013: Rian Lindell

....I'm definitely taking a year off my NFL ticket....this team causes deep depression which my doctor says is unhealthy.....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

The redzone channel is pretty awesome. It makes it easier to stop caring about the Bills games.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethosebills View Post
    25 years in.. i'm too committed now to quit.

of 40 watched, this one ranks around 16th best for Bills seasons

i won't go to a game but will watch them all and cheer

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    of 40 watched, this one ranks around 16th best for Bills seasons

i won't go to a game but will watch them all and cheer
    Is yelling obscenities at the TV considered cheering? There is a lot more of THAT going on at my house!

As much as I dislike Gailey, I think it would be more difficult for me to watch the Bills with Fitz back at starting QB than with Gailey back at HC.

No matter what happens, it would also be impossible for me to miss the season opener.

But if week 1 is a continuation from 2010-2012 (very likely), I would find it very difficult to tune in for Week 2.

Tbh, I have only watched a few Bills games this season in their entirety. And the Chan Gailey era marks the first time I have neglected to watch certain games. Before that I would watch every week, because even though there were seasons when the team had horrible talent, they played their asses off, and I appreciate it as a fan.

It's easy to take a year off. You can still watch the games but don't buy merchandise or tix. If you can't do at least that than you are one weak person. Just watch them on tv!

as long as we have 2 turds for a head coach and GM, i wont be spending any money on this crap product !

I'd sure like to, but who will pay my bills?

If they keep Chan, I strongly believe they'll have a top 3 pick in the 2014 draft and accordingly my family is strongly considering giving up the 4 season tickets we've held for the past 20 years....

No, but you and anyone else are more than welcome too!

If Gailey and Fitz are back next year I won't be renewing NFL Sunday ticket. I'm tired of spending money on this team. After 13 years enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    No, but you and anyone else are more than welcome too!
    UH OH! True fan here guys...step aside!

I have considered dropping NFL Ticket and getting Center Ice instead, but then the NHL decide no hockey is better than some hockey.
    I'm now considering taking my NFL Ticket money and spending that on more beer instead.

All joking aside, I'll keep ruffing it out but will probably start to loose my attachment to the team and treat them more as a hobby than a passion.

The Bills are not entertaining. If Chan's still HC, and they blow another draft not getting a QB, I am officially done. I am not going to watch this trainwreck continue down the track another season.
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

Quote Originally Posted by Klaista2k View Post
    The redzone channel is pretty awesome. It makes it easier to stop caring about the Bills games.
    I second this. As time has gone on, I've become less of a Bills fan and more of an NFL fan. I still root for the Bills...but I know that its pointless. The organization is clearly dysfunctional and until new ownership takes over there will be no serious commitment to field a winning team.

But with the NFL network I can enjoy all the games and watch organizations that actually place a perogative on winning games. I find it is much more entertaining to watch team's with talented rosters and competent coaching staffs compete on a weekly basis.

Between the red zone channel and fantasy football, I still enjoy the NFL on a weekly basis. I still wish the best for the Bills, but I don't spend any money on merchandise, paraphernalia, etc...The Bills are more of a background noise to the NFL experience.

If the Bills can Gailey and Fitzpatrick, I'll likely be much more into them again next season. But if they show no real desire to improve, then I'm content with enjoying the NFL experience in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ca-deek View Post
    Is yelling obscenities at the TV considered cheering? There is a lot more of THAT going on at my house!

shows you still care, thumbs up.

lamp smashing and freaking out because you lost $1,000 betting on the Bills shouldn't have been in your life since around 1993 though...