Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean payton to buffalo

Default Sean payton to buffalo

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Is it possible that Ralph will give Chan the boot after this terrible showing ? If they can afford Mario they can afford a more productive coach. I do like Chan but he has not been very productive with a very talented team.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffbuff View Post
    Is it possible that Ralph will give Chan the boot after this terrible showing ? If they can afford Mario they can afford a more productive coach. I do like Chan but he has not been very productive with a very talented team.
    Ralph is not making Head Coaching decisions. He delegated that to Buddy and went back to reading his newspaper.

We should get a billboard started saying how much the fans want Payton to come to Buffalo.
    Can you dig it?

I will never understand Buffalo's infatuation with billboards...

Quote Originally Posted by steckmeister03 View Post

Maybe we should start a billboard stating how much Buffalo fans like billboards.
    Can you dig it?

guessing you aren't a finance manager... the rationale that since someone spent a large amount of money means that they can spend another large amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by steckmeister03 View Post
    they draw national attention like ESPN and other news outlets post a 30 skit on it.

Also makes the bills looks bad from a PR POV
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

are the Saints playing in Buffalo next year ?

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Ralph is not making Head Coaching decisions. He delegated that to Buddy and went back to reading his newspaper.
    I doubt that. Ralph will have the last word as usual.

Zero chance of him coming here

and for the record he can not start or be hired till the day after the Super Bowl Feb 4th
    CB S.Gilmore will be a Buffalo Bill come draft day 2012. Mark it down 4-15-12(even though I've been saying for over a month now)

“As an outside backer in a 3-4 you want a guy 6’4” or 6’5” 255 or 260. In a 4-3 those guys are defensive ends."-Buddy Nix (For some reason people have a real tough time understanding this on this Bills Board, Along with the fact that a DE in a 3-4 is a DT in a 4-3)

I like this idea, yet at the same time I don't like it.

Payton has proven to be a good coach, winning a superbowl, and turning a disastrous team in NO around. He is fiery and young. His offenses have been prolific.

However, he has already won a superbowl, might his fire be gone? Also he is an offensive coordinator much like Gailey, and although Payton has proven that he can be a coordinator and head coach, at this point I kind of want a head coach who is nothing but a head coach.

Also he will be crazy expensive and if he leaves NO he is probably going to Dallas.
    Time to scuttle the no-huddle.

Why would Payton come here if he's still the coach of the saints?

Did I miss his firing???
    Jinx

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." --- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nutts252 View Post
    are the Saints playing in Buffalo next year ?
    I believe the Bills play at the Saints next year.

We were so close to hiring Sean Payton back in 2006.

we wont get a sniff from anybody thats already had success, thats why we keep spinning our wheels year after year !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    we wont get a sniff from anybody thats already had success, thats why we keep spinning our wheels year after year !
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

The last I heard from a reliable source in Littman's office, Ralph never liked Payton Place. So why would he select their coach when he has Charlie Chan.

Sean Payton would be an excellent choice, but he will likely resign with the Saints. The Bills should be looking more at coaches more like Joe Philbin, guys from a good system who haven't demonstrated multiple failures with other teams. We went this route with guys like Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey, and while they weren't successes, they were much more valid attempts than going with loser retreads like Jauron or Gailey.
    God Bless Jim Kelly and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by BBStampede View Post
    I believe the Bills play at the Saints next year.
    Then when exactly is "Sean Payton to Buffalo" ?

My understanding is that Payton is going through a contentious divorce and his kids are in Dallas. I suspect if he goes anywhere it will be to the Cowboys. Some people forget sometimes that these guys have personal factors that impact on where they'd seek employment, just like any of us in our own professions.