Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is BRAD SMITH still on our roster???????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

heres a better option. how about they actually use him.

Idk why people hate on Smith hes a good athlete Chan is just not using him properly like most of the players we have on this team
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154848&dateline=13370  34283

Ok but if Ruvell Martin was in the WR spot you would be even more pissed. We are short at receiver.
    The Future...

EJ Manuel

because your face.

Why not???????????????????????????????????????????????

He returns kicks, catches passes, runs the Wildcat and can be an emergency QB if Fitz and Thigpen go down.

How is he less valuable to this team than Dorin Dickerson, or Kirk Morrison, or Mike Caussin? If we cut him, what other player are we picking up that is so valuable? Is there some free agent out there right now who should be a #2 WR, or a starting center?
    Buffalo Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    On the final point, so what. If brains, were so important, why does the Ivy League produce so few NFL quarterbacks?

MONEY......He was signed for big money as a nobody so they need to show that they are using him .

He can go on the scrap heap of players that need to be cut on this team.

Its not surprising that Gailey couldn't figure out a way to use him, he still can't figure out how to hand Spiller the ball after 3 years.

Waste of roster spot and salary cap room. Making too much even if he was used properly.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

he's actually been solid in his time at WR...Gailey just struggles with the playing time aspect of coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Wilson View Post
    I just don't get it. Why do we have this guy eating up a roster spot when he's virtually useless (from a football perspective)? He can't throw, he never sees the field, and when he does it's always a QB sneak. I would say he's a one-trick pony but he doesn't even have that many tricks up his sleeves.

BRADFORD SMITH is another example of why this team is going nowhere. It's not his fault he's getting paid for nothing, but whomever's making personnel decisions needs to go.

The roster spot we're wasting on him could've easily went to another player. We surely could use the depth at receiver right about now

TRIM THE FAT, RUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, hard to imagine a reason to keep a guy who's averaging 8.6 yards per carry, more than CJ. Who could ever find a reason to keep a guy like that, a guy averaging 29.5 yards per kickoff return this year, including a touchdown.

Trim the muscle, Russ.

Brad is a baller...I questioned how hard he played last year because some of his kickoffs but some people seem to forget when he single handedly beat the Bills a couple years ago. I think its another example of Chan not being able to utilize him. I think that has to do with how much our offense stalls...could it be the Bills actually have a ton of talent and its hard to get them all the ball????

We never should have brought him in. Since he is already here, his versatility keeps him here.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    Obviously they would have cut him by now if you only used more question marks...

Way to go OP...

Way to go...
    lolz....

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    Brad Smith is another good example of Gailey not being able to properly utilize his roster. He's a good WR, his wildcat may not look flashy but it converts 3rd downs (he's had some Tds and big runs from it, too). Not much on K/PR, but he should be used as a pure WR and occasional wildcat option, imo. and he should have been slotted into Nelson's position once he went down. He was only targeted 14 times this year, but caught 10 of them for 115 yards and a TD, 5 first downs (rushed for 5 first downs too).

He must also get winded a lot.
    Yeah, as I remember Brad was pretty efficient on those 3rd and shorts his first season here. They'd go into the Wildcat and do a QB keeper up the middle, and I've seen him get it a lot more times than not.
    Outside of that I haven't seen much from the guy. He doesn't see the field much at receiver but personally I haven't seen him get open much at the games I've been too. Granted, he didn't see the field much but maybe it's because he's not getting open.

He's the type of player, I feel a good coach like Belicheat could use him and work wonders against a crappy team like ours. If we're not going to put him in situations where we can use his skills, though, then there's no point in keeping him.

Also I heard he's too dumb to understand the playbook, so they're shelving him for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Savior77 View Post
    He returns kicks, catches passes, runs the Wildcat and can be an emergency QB if Fitz and Thigpen go down.

How is he less valuable to this team than Dorin Dickerson, or Kirk Morrison, or Mike Caussin? If we cut him, what other player are we picking up that is so valuable? Is there some free agent out there right now who should be a #2 WR, or a starting center?
    I'm not saying we should cut him, since this late in the year most of the talent is already scooped up. I'm saying that the Bills shouldn't have went with him into the season. He adds very little value and the roster spot could've been used elsewhere. We cut Easley...just to pick him up half a season later? Keeping a useless roster stash like that hurts when injuries come around, and we ALWAYS have injuries at the WR position. I'd much rather have a guy like Ochocinco compete for that spot rather than simply delegate it to a player who brings nothing to the table.

It reminds me of the Bobby April days, back when we kept guys who were purely special teamers, like Coy Wire and Josh Stamer. Those guys never saw the field and it really hurt our depth when our starting LBs got injured every year from having to play waaay too many downs (Crowell, Poz every year, Mitchell, etc...)

I guess it means nothing in hindsight but still, poor decisions nonetheless. More proof of why this team is going nowhere
    OHH CANADA, EH?

October 9, 1992: Best Leif Erikson Day party EVER

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    another great response from the worst poster on this board !
    Possibly the most ironic thing I've ever read on here.

Of all of the things that irritate you, Brad Smith is who gets your ire??????????? MUCH bigger problems than Brad Smith on this team. How about staying with a QB that can't throw deep, can't hit a receiver, throws more passes toward defensive backs than WRs? How about not drafting a QB for the past 2 seasons and missing out on some stellar QBs? Signing a QB at the beginning of the season that the HC never intended on playing that is a free agent after this season? How about keeping a HC that doesn't know how to use players or call plays? How about a team that has a worse 3 year record than the previous 3 years that were under different management? Shall I go on????
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

ADOPT-A-BILL: Tony Moeaki 06/01/2014

Why are you still a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by FieldGeneral View Post
    I couldn't believe that they spent $15 million on this guy to return kicks and do 1-2 Wildcat plays every couple of games. Moves like this one proves that we're not moving forward.
    .....and he's not even our best kick-off returner. Mckelvin is.....just another example of wasted money spent on the wrong person.....and its a joke calling this guy a back-up qb too!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by Big D for Big B View Post
    Of all of the things that irritate you, Brad Smith is who gets your ire??????????? MUCH bigger problems than Brad Smith on this team. How about staying with a QB that can't throw deep, can't hit a receiver, throws more passes toward defensive backs than WRs? How about not drafting a QB for the past 2 seasons and missing out on some stellar QBs? Signing a QB at the beginning of the season that the HC never intended on playing that is a free agent after this season? How about keeping a HC that doesn't know how to use players or call plays? How about a team that has a worse 3 year record than the previous 3 years that were under different management? Shall I go on????
    I don't see why we can't multitask? The reason we're unsuccessful is because we work on one problem at a time, eh. The Bills can't seem to try to improve all our positions, we simply address one area at a time and never accomplish much, eh
    OHH CANADA, EH?

October 9, 1992: Best Leif Erikson Day party EVER