Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a sham

Default What a sham

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Let me preface this by saying that I'm as close to not caring if the Bills leave as I've ever been. 4-5 years ago I would've thought my life would end. Now, not so much. I'm not convinced that this organization has the ability to produce a winner.

So, this lease agreement is such a sham. Designed to get simple minded people all excited "Woo the Bills are going to STAY!!!" ...for 7 more years.

Why bother putting the 7 year clause in, if they don't intend on using it? It'll be a year or two before Ralph croaks, and so here is the timeline:

2 years from now - Ralph dies and/or sells team
    4 years from now - New owner gets wheels spinning on Los Angeles.
    5 years from now - LA stadium starts being built, Bills become obvious lame duck franchise, so nobody will go anymore. Everyone from the outside will see empty stadium, etc, and be like "Oh wow they need to move" Every grape will be sour.
    7 years from now - Los Angeles Bills kick off their inaugural season.

Enjoy your loser team for the next few years. This lease just tells me they're leaving in 7 years.

So you're the smart one and the rest are simple minded? Uh-huh. It's not surprising there's an escape clause given the age of the owner. Deal with it.

You're wrong dude.

you are such an angry man.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Except the lease is ten years.

#BeatemBills

um no. youre not very smart are you.
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Except the lease is ten years.
    i think they're allowed to leave in year 7 with out the financial hit.

They are not. It's being reported right now on wgr by Jeremy white that the 400 mil penalty starts in year 7. The first 7 years are iron clad and the team cannot be moved no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    i think they're allowed to leave in year 7 with out the financial hit.
    It was just updated that it was an iron clad with a buyout after 7 years, although there is no confirmation

400 million buyout was what was considered the iron clad. So original deal is what's in play.

To anyone who has ever posed the question, "What is the difference between so called realists and a troll?" the answer is now looking you right in the face.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

You can all say what you want about me. If I respected any of you in even the slightest way, I probably wouldn't post my honest opinion regardless of what you would say.

After year 7, the team can leave, no strings attached.

Quote Originally Posted by El Buffalo LOCO View Post
    You can all say what you want about me. If I respected any of you in even the slightest way, I probably wouldn't post my honest opinion regardless of what you would say.

1. Nothing is confirmed, but at the moment that is not what is being reported.
    2. Before this, the team could leave tomorow, no strings attached.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

in 7 years they will win the Super Bowl I am ok with that scenario

The pessimist says we only get 7 years, the optimist says the Bills aren't going anywhere for 7 years. At that point we don't know what is going to happen. Los Angeles probably will be under water in 7 years.

Kind of defeats the purpose of posting a thread to a DISCUSSION forum if you don't want responses. Besides, what you just said was contradictory and doesn't make sense, sure sign of a troll.
    "Fans get me going. The worst thing to do is talk junk to me before I'm about to go against your quarterback. Whenever I get trash talked by fans at an away game, that's the best motivation. Because I know if I get the opportunity to get to the quarterback, it's going to be even worse now. If there's a fan telling me I'm garbage and my team sucks, you're talking directly to me. And I'm going to take it out directly on your quarterback." - Mario Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    1. Nothing is confirmed, but at the moment that is not what is being reported.
    2. Before this, the team could leave tomorow, no strings attached.
    Just a slight detail the OP missed, LOL

Then why do you even bother posting at all?

Go find a productive hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    The pessimist says we only get 7 years, the optimist says the Bills aren't going anywhere for 7 years. At that point we don't know what is going to happen. Los Angeles probably will be under water in 7 years.
    exactly. it gives the bills 7 years time to figure out what comes next. it really just depends on who buys the team.

Regardless, your "proof" that the Bills are leaving is that it's not a permanent lease? It could have been 5 years or 50, you would have fabricated some hypothetical scenario to show your "proof" the Bills are leaving.
    "Fans get me going. The worst thing to do is talk junk to me before I'm about to go against your quarterback. Whenever I get trash talked by fans at an away game, that's the best motivation. Because I know if I get the opportunity to get to the quarterback, it's going to be even worse now. If there's a fan telling me I'm garbage and my team sucks, you're talking directly to me. And I'm going to take it out directly on your quarterback." - Mario Williams