Thread: 35 millions, really?!?!

Default 35 million, really?!?!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

So the Bills made 78 million dollars on the Toronto deal, but they can only contribute 35 million for stadium renovations. What have the fan received for allowing Toronto to have one precious home game?!?! Keep pocketing that money Ralph. The government will just take 55% of it anyways.

there's a thread already created about the amount money for renovations.
    Proud Owner of 2 Season Tickets
    Section 200, Row 6, Seat 27 & 28

I will always BILLEVE

They don't want to spend a lot of money renovating a stadium they aren't going to use, eh?

Either the team's gonna ship out to another city or they're gonna eventually build a more modern stadium. Either way, the Ralph itself is going to be worthless soon.

$35,000,000 is a lot of money. That's 1.2 million bottles of pure maple syrup, eh? The point of this is to kick the can down the road until they get a stadium deal, either in Buffalo or another city.

eh?
    OHH CANADA, EH?

October 9, 1992: Best Leif Erikson Day party EVER

always something to complain about OP?

Kyle "Meatball" Williams....Eating O-lines for Breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    So the Bills made 78 million dollars on the Toronto deal, but they can only contribute 35 million for stadium renovations. What have the fan received for allowing Toronto to have one precious home game?!?! Keep pocketing that money Ralph. The government will just take 55% of it anyways.
    Look around at the other franchises and how they funded their stadiums. Using tax payer dollars more than the team's is the rule, not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    Look around at the other franchises and how they funded their stadiums. Using tax payer dollars more than the team's is the rule, not the exception.
    Are these other franchises losing a game every year to another city??

That has nothing to do with how franchises are funded. You're mixing apples and oranges. That was a business move to try and increase the market base. Again, the norm is that franchises get local and state governments to pony up funds. That's the way the game has been played for decades. Doesn't mean I agree with it (Irsay got 600 million from Indiana) but that's how the game is played.

Should have said how stadiums are funded and not franchises. Stadiums are funded with a lot of public $$. I think that's nuts but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    That has nothing to do with how franchises are funded. You're mixing apples and oranges. That was a business move to try and increase the market base. Again, the norm is that franchises get local and state governments to pony up funds. That's the way the game has been played for decades. Doesn't mean I agree with it (Irsay got 600 million from Indiana) but that's how the game is played.
    Your not understanding. Us public lost a whole game worth of revenue. The franchise got 78 million for selling that game. That 78 million should be pushed back into the stadium here. The public is putting all this money up for 7 games. That doesn't happen in other franchises. Sp in essence, the franchise wants the public to put up the money, then they go and sell a game and just pocket it the cash.

"Us public lost a whole game worth of revenue". Uh-huh. Looks like we have another foreign language section on the board.

And again, you are making an assumption that is simply not valid, the assumption that the 78 million should simply be piled back into the stadium. With the possible exception of Jerry Jones, who I believe spent his own $$ on his Taj Mahal (would have to check on that), every NFL team leverages local and state governments to pick up a huge amount of stadium costs so they can maximize their profits. I'm not saying I agree with it, it is how the game is played. I think it's stupid that I have to pay a tax every time I go out to eat to help pay for Lucas Oil, but that's life in pro sports. Owners of professional sports teams are smart, they know they have leverage, they use it to maximize value of their franchise. Ralph getting a pile of $$ from Toronto is really no different than the Giants or Jets charging a fortune for PSL's. Plus it opens up a potentially big market in Southern Ontario, and helps keep them from getting their own franchise ( this would become an even more effective idea if the Bills would ever play decently up there).

I don't agree with it, but if I were the owner I'm sure I'd have a completely different outlook on things. These guys are all about $$. You would be too if you owned a franchise.

Your not understanding. Us public lost a whole game worth of revenue. The franchise got 78 million for selling that game. That 78 million should be pushed back into the stadium here. The public is putting all this money up for 7 games. That doesn't happen in other franchises. Sp in essence, the franchise wants the public to put up the money, then they go and sell a game and just pocket it the cash.
    Out of curiousity, could you tell me how much revenue the state brings in from the taxes collected on player/staff salaries and what the fans spend to stay in hotels, eat out, travel expenses, etc...? I think you might find that the state makes out very well and its in their best interest to invest a little to keep that revenue stream alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brueggs View Post
    Out of curiousity, could you tell me how much revenue the state brings in from the taxes collected on player/staff salaries and what the fans spend to stay in hotels, eat out, travel expenses, etc...? I think you might find that the state makes out very well and its in their best interest to invest a little to keep that revenue stream alive.
    Let's not let logic enter into this, now. You should know better than that......

If you think thats bad. The Bills last year without ANY TICKETS sold or Toronto revenue made money! The Tv contract money is more then the players payroll. So automatically before the season starts they make money.

So thats why Russ brandon and his "inventory" he doesnt really care about tickets sold. Cuz tickets sold is just a cherry on top Bills "income wise"
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

No but they have com0anys paying millions of dollars for luxary boxes. They are charging their fans thousands for PSL's.

Its a county owned Stadium they are obligated to keep it up. Do you pay for the upkeep of the apartment you rent?

Quote Originally Posted by josh4est View Post
    there's a thread already created about the amount money for renovations.
    There's already enough people trying to control things in the world. Lay off man.

That 35mil can become 70mil using the NFL G4 program. This is where I support the franchise!! Read up about this G4 program, I don't have the time and patience to write about it.

Just think of it this way. Those $78 million got us Brad Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    This signature won't change until the Bills make the playoffs - January 12, 2006

Just because the Bills received money (income) for playing in Toronto does NOT mean that is somehow stashed away in someone's bank account as PROFIT!

It is truly amazing how little most people know about how running a business works! There are two sides to the ledger.....INCOME and EXPENSE. If your income exceeds your expenses you make a profit. That is pretty much it. sheeeeeeeeeesh

Quote Originally Posted by ca-deek View Post
    Just because the Bills received money (income) for playing in Toronto does NOT mean that is somehow stashed away in someone's bank account as PROFIT!

It is truly amazing how little most people know about how running a business works! There are two sides to the ledger.....INCOME and EXPENSE. If your income exceeds your expenses you make a profit. That is pretty much it. sheeeeeeeeeesh
    Dear guy who is talking nonsense:

It has been REPORTED that the Buffalo Bills with JUST TV revenue last year made a profit. They dont spend near the top of the cap and save that money and count it as income.

So add in the ticket sales, advertising dollars, and toronto and the bills financially are doing just fine!
    No Chan, No Wanny, No Fitz ...... 2013 will be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfootball1027 View Post
    Dear guy who is talking nonsense:

It has been REPORTED that the Buffalo Bills with JUST TV revenue last year made a profit. They dont spend near the top of the cap and save that money and count it as income.

So add in the ticket sales, advertising dollars, and toronto and the bills financially are doing just fine!
    And did I say otherwise? The point of my comment is that they also have costs. 100% of everything they make does NOT turn into profit. Like every other team, they have plenty of costs. Yes, they make money, but not 100%! Is that better?