Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orchard Park Bills.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Tell me why I should drive 6 hours from Ottawa to watch 5 - 11 football in the cold
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    Tell me why I should drive 6 hours from Ottawa to watch 5 - 11 football in the cold
    No one is forcing you.
    Section 222 Row 5 seats 1,2

Adopt a Bill..Brown, Bryce

When my fiance had her interview for University of Buffalo's dental school, we drove up from New Jersey. At first she wasn't too sure if she would like living in the area until we drove into Orchard Park. We went there cause it was always a dream of my friend's and mine to go there and since he wasn't there I had to go for the both of us and show him pictures. We thought Orchard was beautiful and I thought it was the coolest thing how Ralph Wilson Stadium is just right there in town. I never seen anything like it. It had such a Mom and Pop's feel to it. Other stadiums I have been to are in urban areas and just seem too commercial. So I would like the Bills to stay just where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    10 more years at the Ralph suck IMO. Expect 10 more seasons of fail.
    This team needs to actually play in Buffalo. Those December games would sell out every year. This team needs to take on the attitude of our city, Rough,tough, grimey, Enough of this soft Football we play out in O.P! I truley feel that we are jinxed in Orchard Park.
    This thread and the negativity of it sucks in my opinion. What is wrong with you people?

I'm not familiar with the area, but Google Maps shows that it is only about a 20 minute drive from Orchard Park to Buffalo. It also looks like you guys have a good interstate or highway system that puts many areas within 20-30 minutes from each other. I don't see how this move would create a better chance of sellouts. I also don't see how such a short distance would create that "attitude" you speak of. Generally, that small of an area while they seem different to locals are all the same to the se players from out of town.

I've also come to terms that an indoor stadium may be the best option as well. That is more likely to attract winning players than location.

Having a stadium downtown definitely wouldn't make it a better possibility at sellouts. The op must have fell off his rocker. It might even be worse because the traffic jams would be epic. Some people don't want to deal with that craziness.

they could play in russia and bills fans would get the same inept crap that we've had for 13 + seasons now !

I don't think there was any realistic way Cuomo was going to announce he had the money allocated for a project that at a minimum would cost several hundred million. The ownership issue will resolve itself sooner than later. We are not in the position that say the Cards are in with "Junior" taking over. Jerry Jones already had his blind squirrel moment with the Herschel Walker trade. He has his boy already lined up to take over. What has the Mc Caskey Family in Chicago done to think they are elite? Especially since they have been in charge for many decades. Mike Brown (Bengals)? By the logic of the board multi-billionaire Paul Allen (Seahawks) should have bought his first Super Bowl by now. If you really think about it most of the owners are not all that capable football people. Things go in cycles. It's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    This deal is setup so the Bills can continue to play in OP until a new stadium is built, IMO most fans want them back in Buffalo in a new stadium. Its in the works, in fact its a lot further then most know IMO.
    This is sillier than the OP. You base your brilliant opinion on what?
    • The numerous non-football fan politicians from Buffalo who think that every cultural or entertainment venue should be concentrated in downtown Buffalo so that their well-deep pocketed developer allies can pawn their downtown Buffalo real estate off on the county for inflated prices?
    • The other Buffalo politicians who think if they travel north of Allen or east of Michigan or south of Louisiana Streets that they'll fall off the edge of the Earth?
    • The Buffalo Snooze which is nothing more than a mouthpiece for those same real estate developers?
    • The more than 25% of Buffalo residents whose income is below the federal poverty level?

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan589 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the area, but Google Maps shows that it is only about a 20 minute drive from Orchard Park to Buffalo. It also looks like you guys have a good interstate or highway system that puts many areas within 20-30 minutes from each other. I don't see how this move would create a better chance of sellouts. I also don't see how such a short distance would create that "attitude" you speak of. Generally, that small of an area while they seem different to locals are all the same to the se players from out of town.

I've also come to terms that an indoor stadium may be the best option as well. That is more likely to attract winning players than location.
    Many people who live in the city of Buffalo want to turn the clock back to the "good old days" of 1950 when 2/3 of the population of Erie County lived in the city of Buffalo, and they labor under the delusion that forcing every cultural institution and/or entertainment venue into downtown Buffalo will somehow force people to move back into the city despite the fact that life in most city neighborhoods sucks. It has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with wishful thinking and fantasies.

The fact is that many more Bills fans come from outside Erie County than come from the city of Buffalo. A significant percentage of regular Bills games attendees are from southern Ontario, northwestern PA, from Rochester, and from as far away as Syracuse. That's NOT even talking about the fans who come from Erie County outside the city of Buffalo or from surrounding counties. When I had season tix, I drove 65 miles one way for every game, and a lot of season ticket holders drive a lot further.

Maybe people like the OP and others who want a city stadium ought to poll their city neighborhoods to find out how many of their neighbors actually attend even 1 Bills game a year.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by AZbacker View Post
    Jinxed by Orchard Park? Whatchu talking bout?!

We were jinxed by Doug Flutie.
    Think we could get Flutie to do some ritual breaking us of the Jinx?

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    This is sillier than the OP. You base your brilliant opinion on what?
    • The numerous non-football fan politicians from Buffalo who think that every cultural or entertainment venue should be concentrated in downtown Buffalo so that their well-deep pocketed developer allies can pawn their downtown Buffalo real estate off on the county for inflated prices?
    • The other Buffalo politicians who think if they travel north of Allen or east of Michigan or south of Louisiana Streets that they'll fall off the edge of the Earth?
    • The Buffalo Snooze which is nothing more than a mouthpiece for those same real estate developers?
    • The more than 25% of Buffalo residents whose income is below the federal poverty level?

Many people who live in the city of Buffalo want to turn the clock back to the "good old days" of 1950 when 2/3 of the population of Erie County lived in the city of Buffalo, and they labor under the delusion that forcing every cultural institution and/or entertainment venue into downtown Buffalo will somehow force people to move back into the city despite the fact that life in most city neighborhoods sucks. It has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with wishful thinking and fantasies.

The fact is that many more Bills fans come from outside Erie County than come from the city of Buffalo. A significant percentage of regular Bills games attendees are from southern Ontario, northwestern PA, from Rochester, and from as far away as Syracuse. That's NOT even talking about the fans who come from Erie County outside the city of Buffalo or from surrounding counties. When I had season tix, I drove 65 miles one way for every game, and a lot of season ticket holders drive a lot further.

Maybe people like the OP and others who want a city stadium ought to poll their city neighborhoods to find out how many of their neighbors actually attend even 1 Bills game a year.
    I'm not starting any kind of argument with you, but I'm just curious where you get this information from. How are you so sure that a small small percentage of bills fans actually live in Buffalo? And what makes you so sure that a stadium in the city wouldn't benefit it? How does 70,000 people roaming the downtown area 7-8 more times a year not work out for us? Not to mention that it would probably be used for more than just a football stadium. Again, not arguing, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLSwwjd View Post
    Having a stadium downtown definitely wouldn't make it a better possibility at sellouts. The op must have fell off his rocker. It might even be worse because the traffic jams would be epic. Some people don't want to deal with that craziness.
    yes, silly of me to think that a more densely populated area wouldn't fill a stadium each week. traffic to the Ralph sucks , but it wouldn't suck as much in the city because we have public transportation (trains and buses) . I'm sure its thousands of fans in the city that don't go to the game strictly because it's ain Orchard Park. I never knew wanting the bills to actually play in Buffalo was such a silly suggestion.
    #Bills @EJManuel3 is 1st @NFL QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 gms of rookie season (105.5, 89.3)
    6:24 PM - 15 Sep 2013

Go BILLS

14-2 Prediction!!!

2014 Adopt-A-Bill : Chris Gragg

Quote Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
    Fitzpatrick will have a better year than EJ... Bank it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbelt Bills Fan 716 View Post
    yes, silly of me to think that a more densely populated area wouldn't fill a stadium each week. traffic to the Ralph sucks , but it wouldn't suck as much in the city because we have public transportation (trains and buses) . I'm sure its thousands of fans in the city that don't go to the game strictly because it's ain Orchard Park. I never knew wanting the bills to actually play in Buffalo was such a silly suggestion.

If you want to go to the game you go... If you don't you stay home...