Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Drafting our franchise QB

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,256

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    i agree. but, as flawed as that aspect of fitz's game is, i think he may be the best thing for us right now. his ability to get rid of the ball quickly and his toughness are good qualities. i even think he has a little upside if you give him complete control of the offense. the players sure seem to want that to happen.
    This precisely.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ithaca, ny
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    This precisely.
    too bad we have a coach in chan who doesn't believe in his players; nor does he force them to make plays when the game is there for the taking. when we're in a position to have to win out for a chance at the playoffs and he repeatedly punts on every 4th and short inside the opponent's 40, or kicks a field goal when we're inside the 5, that says something to the players. why not take all the pressure off of yourself as a coach and be aggressive in these situations? what did/do we have to lose? if we don't get first downs, or touchdowns on these plays at least he could say that he believed in his players at the press conference afterwards. coaching aggressively makes the players feel like they have more control over the outcome of the games. making the conservative call time after time holds back your team's development in late game situations.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Le Rochester
    Posts
    17,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Moradian View Post
    As long as hes not a black quarterback I take it!
    this kinda slipped through the cracks.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ithaca, ny
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Moradian View Post
    As long as hes not a black quarterback I take it!
    huh??? what does that have to do with anything?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    552

    Default

    You need a new front office, a new owner, a new GM, a new head coach, new assistants, a new offensive coordinator, and a new QB coach before a first round QB will succeed here.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Parwan, Afghanistan
    Posts
    7,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Moradian View Post
    As long as hes not a black quarterback I take it!
    huh....how about explaining your stupid comment.
    FIRE BUDDY NIX!!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ithaca, ny
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    You need a new front office, a new owner, a new GM, a new head coach, new assistants, a new offensive coordinator, and a new QB coach before a first round QB will succeed here.
    unfortunately i pretty much agree. i don't know if i'd go as far as saying that we need a new owner and gm yet. a new head coach would help a lot right now. i'm starting to come around about the prospect of cutting fitz for cap reasons and drafting a talented rookie to start. i'm thinking if gailey stays, we're going to suck anyway next year. why not give the season to a rookie and see where it goes? if he struggles the way rookies normally do, we fire gailey and get good picks again. the excitement generated by a rookie qb will be enough to fill the seats too.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roselle IL
    Posts
    5,233

    Default

    I would rather just take two QBs this year like washington did, mine would be Tyler Wilson and Mike Glennon with pick 1 being Wilson and pick 2 being Glennon. We then can get rid of Fitz re-sign Byrd and Levitre and get 2 new LBs in FA, with our 3rd rd pick we go BPA. I would be targeting Rey Malualuga, Greg Jennings and Quentin Jammer in FA.http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/
    Draft
    1. Zack Martin LT/RT Notre Dame
    2. Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3. CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    4. Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5. Storm Johnson RB UCF
    6. Traded for WR Mike Williams
    7. Spencer Long OG Nebraska

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ithaca, ny
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 557Miles View Post
    I would rather just take two QBs this year like washington did, mine would be Tyler Wilson and Mike Glennon with pick 1 being Wilson and pick 2 being Glennon. We then can get rid of Fitz re-sign Byrd and Levitre and get 2 new LBs in FA, with our 3rd rd pick we go BPA. I would be targeting Rey Malualuga, Greg Jennings and Quentin Jammer in FA.http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/
    i like your ideas. just for the sake of the fans and because nix's ultimate goal is to find our long-term franchise guy, i think going for two qbs in the draft increases our chances of one of them being special. as much as i think fitz is a decent qb, most of the fans have made up their minds about him staying here. besides, there are a few teams out there who if they had even an average starting qb, it would be a significant upgrade over what they currently have: arizona, kansas city, ny jets, jacksonville, cleveland. i could see fitz going to arizona to finish his career.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roselle IL
    Posts
    5,233

    Default

    We need a big play WR who won't break the bank and Greg Jennings has 3 or 4 very good years left. Ray Malualuga is a must have for us if he is not franchised and lucky for us there are a ton of good CB's that will be FA's this year. If we had a soild backup I would say we only need one QB in the draft but we have nothing and Fitz is way overpaid and we need that money to do the things I talked about above. Both those QB's have big time potential, Wilson is the one I really want but I would really be happy with both Wilson and Glennon.
    Draft
    1. Zack Martin LT/RT Notre Dame
    2. Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3. CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    4. Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5. Storm Johnson RB UCF
    6. Traded for WR Mike Williams
    7. Spencer Long OG Nebraska

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ithaca, ny
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 557Miles View Post
    We need a big play WR who won't break the bank and Greg Jennings has 3 or 4 very good years left. Ray Malualuga is a must have for us if he is not franchised and lucky for us there are a ton of good CB's that will be FA's this year. If we had a soild backup I would say we only need one QB in the draft but we have nothing and Fitz is way overpaid and we need that money to do the things I talked about above. Both those QB's have big time potential, Wilson is the one I really want but I would really be happy with both Wilson and Glennon.
    maybe some of russel wilson's magic rubbed off on glennon. wait, that didn't sound right...lol

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTarmy View Post
    huh....how about explaining your stupid comment.
    Obviously an attention needing little boy. Comments like this get him off so don't pay attention to these dbags

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Parwan, Afghanistan
    Posts
    7,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tito1 View Post
    Obviously an attention needing little boy. Comments like this get him off so don't pay attention to these dbags
    Good point....I'm going back to my beer Go Bills

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Now the readers of BBMB know that Tony M was from Buffalo and he is showing his cloth as a racist. Go find a Falcons board if you can read and stay away from here. If I knew the definition of a supreme idiot, I think I just read its post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •