Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colts set to become the 4th Team to laugh at the word "Rebuilding"

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Let's not forget the 'emotional' side of things with Pagano having leukaemia.
    yup...

nice team, they will be ready in a few years to dominate when the oldies leading the AFC pack it in

Let me know when the colts started with the same roster and talent as the Bills. Then let me know when the Bills get the number 1 draft pick with the best QB in a decade comming out of college. They didnt rebuild, they reloaded their weak areas.

Quote Originally Posted by mauricejunior2 View Post
    So the Colts are gunning to become 4th NFL team to win 10 after winning two or fewer year before (2-14).
    You mean that team who was just in the playoffs before losing their QB for a year then drafted another good one?

Not exactly a miracle...

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan20 View Post
    Well they were 10-6 before that year... so maybe it was a hiccup
    the point was that they had huge roster turnover.

So the Colts are gunning to become 4th NFL team to win 10 after winning two or fewer year before (2-14). And we want to preach the words "rebuilding" and "Continuity" the Colts **** near gutted their whole roster and staff. Yet we cant seem to get over the hump after 13 years is remarkable.

Gut the coaching staff, get your QB and lets go get this thing!
    Ah, another Colts rebuild thread that holds no merit... They lost Peyton Manning and replaced them with a younger version of himself, they lost Dallas Clark and added both Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen both in the draft, They lost an old should have retired center in Jeff Saturday (who just got benched last week in GB), that is re-gutted? An aging TE, An aging Center and they got lucky and drafted the next best thing in Andrew Luck, the coaching staff really was no big deal when you have a franchise QB even a rookie as highly scouted as Luck was.

The Colts defense still has Freeney and Mathis who were always the centerpieces for the team for years on defense, I truly hate when people compare the Bills rebuild to the Colts because it really isn't close. We had a make shift OL, bottom 5 in pass rushing, no QB, Secondary was pretty bad, I mean we need just about every position upgraded.

News flash the Colts purposely tanked last season to get Andrew Luck. They basically took a season off and restructured and where ready to go when the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Just curious and I don't feel like looking it up but who are the other 3?

I know the panthers went 1-15 and made the superbowl the following season.

I know the panthers went 1-15 and made the superbowl the following season.
    No they didnt

It only takes 1 year to turn a round an NFL team. 3 years plus is not acceptable
    Maybe 25 years ago, but not in today's market

Also, the Texans comparison is off base
    Kubiak had 2 8-8 seasons, Gailey hasn't even sniffed 7 wins

So the Colts are gunning to become 4th NFL team to win 10 after winning two or fewer year before (2-14). And we want to preach the words "rebuilding" and "Continuity" the Colts **** near gutted their whole roster and staff. Yet we cant seem to get over the hump after 13 years is remarkable.

Gut the coaching staff, get your QB and lets go get this thing!

The reason they're laughing at the word rebuilding is that they didn't rebuild.

They re-loaded. That's why they kept 34 year-old Reggie Wayne, 31 year-old Robert Mathis and 32 year-old Dwight Freeney. This is so far from a rebuild it's laughable.

If they'd rebuilt, they'd have dumped the old guys, even the good ones. They didn't, they re-loaded instead. We'll see down the road how this affects them. If two or three years from now they're not as good as they could be because they threw away the higher draft picks they'd have gotten this year and probably next if they'd rebuilt, they might regret not rebuilding.
    Last edited by Thurman#1; 12-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Man we got every excuse covered. We stink they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    Ah, another Colts rebuild thread that holds no merit... They lost Peyton Manning and replaced them with a younger version of himself, they lost Dallas Clark and added both Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen both in the draft, They lost an old should have retired center in Jeff Saturday (who just got benched last week in GB), that is re-gutted? An aging TE, An aging Center and they got lucky and drafted the next best thing in Andrew Luck, the coaching staff really was no big deal when you have a franchise QB even a rookie as highly scouted as Luck was.

The Colts defense still has Freeney and Mathis who were always the centerpieces for the team for years on defense, I truly hate when people compare the Bills rebuild to the Colts because it really isn't close. We had a make shift OL, bottom 5 in pass rushing, no QB, Secondary was pretty bad, I mean we need just about every position upgraded.
    "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make." ~~~Lord Farquaad
    Sdigity2 = JETS FAN

Chan Gailey is a Saboteur.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    The reason they're laughing at the word rebuilding is that they didn't rebuild.

They re-loaded. That's why they kept 34 year-old Reggie Wayne, 31 year-old Robert Mathis and 32 year-old Dwight Freeney. This is so far from a rebuild it's laughable.

If they'd rebuilt, they'd have dumped the old guys, even the good ones. They didn't, they re-loaded instead. We'll see down the road how this affects them. If two or three years from now they're not as good as they could be because they threw away the higher draft picks they'd have gotten this year and probably next if they'd rebuilt, they might regret not rebuilding.
    This all day every day.

The Colts team is basically the same as 2 years ago. There were some changes, but all in all, they only really swapped Peyton for Luck.

Can't moan about them. They literally had the best timing on every issue. Peyton got hurt for they year one of the best college QB's was coming out. Some teams just have good timing.

All Credit goes to AM33 for this Signature!

Adopt a Bill 2013: Robert Woods, WR

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot View Post
    No team wins Super Bowls in August.
    Super Mario Bills Co. Est. March 15th, 2012

The Colts conclusively demonstrated that if you have the talent on a board, a brand new coaching staff can win year 1.

The Bills should definitely see how things would go with a brand new coaching staff in 2013. I am sure there is at least one OC and HC in the world that can get Spiller trained up enough not to get winded after 2 carries, and to properly manage the game clock.
    God Bless Jim Kelly and his family.

Imo opinion it all comes down to chan gailey.I've been saying it all yr, we have the talent to be a playoff team. Look at it like this, imagine if the colts only let luck play 5-10 snaps a game. How would there record be? This is exactly what we did to spiller. I know a rb isn't the qb, but when your best player barely sees the field, you're record is 5-9

Considering that the Colts are getting a ton of production out of rookies besides Luck and I'd say they did rebuilding right.

TEs Fleener and Allen
    WRs Hilton and Brazill
    RB Ballard

All are major contributors to a team that is going to the playoffs, where our Bills say stay patient because it takes 5 or 7 or 10 years to rebuild properly.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

it's hard to read this thread without getting depressed.
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post

Ah, another post defending this pathetic organization. The Colts have 2/3 (or so ) new starters. They are poised to make the playoffs. You are right we cannot compare the Bills and Colts rebuilds as one is in it's infancy and already a success while the other appears to be a giant failure. One is being ran by NFL quality people the other by a cluster**** of bumbling fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Man we got every excuse covered. We stink they don't.
    There is no excuse, the Colts did not rebuild and the comparison is ridiculous. I realize the Bills are bad and always seem to be rebuilding but I would compare them to the Browns more or less.

The Colt did their rebuild right. They went out and got their QB. We don't need to go over how many young starting Qbs the Bills have passed over the last few drafts.

The thesis of this entire post has never been explained or defended.

So exactly w Did Miami get "rbuilt" or had one lucky season.

What are the other 3 teams that "laugh" about long term rebuilding. Lets see the list.

Does Miami count as one, where they had a fluke season with an incredibly easy scghedule and the Wildcat gimick, was that rebuilding. How many games did they wint he next year, 7.

THis thread FAILS badly.