Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Kyle Shanahan, Kirk Cousins

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,794

    Default Kyle Shanahan, Kirk Cousins

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    So I was playing Madden 13 earlier today and something scrolls across the bottom that caught my attention. Is Kyle Shanahan and Kirk Cousins from Washington the next great QB-Coach pairing? I honestly wouldn't mind if the Bills hired Shanahan, then made the trade to get Cousins to be the starting QB. The Bills have the ability to cut Fitz with minimal financial impact on the cap in March. With a new 10 year lease in place, a perfect storm could be setting up for Western NY. But it is the Bills and things rarely go the way they should but it is nice to dream.

    sig by Slinkcsubacca

    2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Rian Lindell
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Alan Branch

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    It was one game... I'd much rather use that 2nd and 4th round pick on the draft.
    2014 Mock Draft:

    9. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    41. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    73. Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
    109. Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    149. Antone Exum, DB, VT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Your mom's basement
    Posts
    470

    Default

    I love the madden gm's on here. Do tell why Washington would want to trade a player that they obviously need.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaviorGailey View Post
    I love the madden gm's on here. Do tell why Washington would want to trade a player that they obviously need.
    Kirk Cousins isn't going to want to be a back up in Washington forever.
    And
    Washington isn't going to be able to keep him forever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Elmira, New York
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    ...but they will keep him for the majority of his rookie contract. Kirk Cousins has two options right now.....retire really early or suck it up and be the "backup" in Washington. Redskins have the ball in their court. Just like Mallett won't go anywhere until his last year of his rookie deal or until it actually runs out. Cousins can't do anything...and I can't see Shanahan leaving Washington. His dad will retire in the next few years and by then...he will have his team/offense and will inherit players like Garcon, RGIII, and that rookie RB that came out of nowhere.
    Proud Owner of 2 Season Tickets
    Section 200, Row 6, Seat 27 & 28


    I will always BILLEVE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    7,392

    Default

    Yeah, let's throw draft picks at a rookie with one game under his belt, who was a fourth round pick for a reason.

    If you're that desperate, then throw a fourth round pick at Matt Scott.
    4-15-BUF 34

    (4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,851

    Default

    Ahh these posts never get old..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Stag View Post
    It was one game... I'd much rather use that 2nd and 4th round pick on the draft.
    Oh so the three years he brought Michigan State from a crap program to prominence doesn't count? The fact that Michigan State was supposed to be a top 10 team this year but fell flat on their faces without him doesnt count either?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    Yeah, let's throw draft picks at a rookie with one game under his belt, who was a fourth round pick for a reason.

    If you're that desperate, then throw a fourth round pick at Matt Scott.
    He was a 4th round pick because the 5 QBs picked before him are all starting as Rookies. What an awful argument

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,981

    Default

    yeah our awesome regime already traded picks away for a player that they are scared of using !

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Jamestown, NY
    Posts
    9,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonnassabres View Post
    Oh so the three years he brought Michigan State from a crap program to prominence doesn't count? The fact that Michigan State was supposed to be a top 10 team this year but fell flat on their faces without him doesnt count either?
    Oh yea, the college game and the NFL are both the same.....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester/CFL
    Posts
    1,666

    Default

    Count me in for this set up...Junior and Cousins to the Bills would be sweet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    THE UPPER VESTSIDE
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    When u haven't made the playoffs for 13 years doing something crazy doesn't seem so stupid

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,710

    Default

    Just to add some non-Madden legitimacy to this idea, I read a whole article on NFL.com on how Shanahan and Cousins could be available as a package deal for a team looking for a HC and QB. The idea is that daddy Mike would be inclined to cut a sweetheart deal for sonny-boy Kyle if he got his first HC gig and wanted to continue his work with Cousins. I don't know that Cousins is really a guy to build around, but this isn't just a Madden-inspired pipe dream.
    THE BLUEPRINT


    Ladies and gents, your 2013 Buffalo Bills!*

    *Note: Same as your 2001-2012 Buffalo Bills

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Yeah, trading a first round pick and a fourth round pick for Rob Johnson after one big game worked out real well. Do not repeat history!!!
    Adopt a Bill 2014 - Kyle Williams

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis16 View Post
    So I was playing Madden 13 earlier today
    Stopped reading after this.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    Yeah, let's throw draft picks at a rookie with one game under his belt, who was a fourth round pick for a reason.

    If you're that desperate, then throw a fourth round pick at Matt Scott.
    Horrific argument. 1 game (he actually played in 1.5) means we know more about Cousins than any other QB prospect in the draft... it's the better gamble.

    Also, Tom Brady... he must have been a 6th round pick for a reason.

    AND Madden has nothing to do with OP's logic behind this... he was simply mentioning that the idea came to him when madden brought to his attention that Cousins OC is Shannahan.
    2014-2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Cyrus Kouandjio

    GO BILLS!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blakesbills16 View Post
    Horrific argument. 1 game (he actually played in 1.5) means we know more about Cousins than any other QB prospect in the draft... it's the better gamble.

    Also, Tom Brady... he must have been a 6th round pick for a reason.

    AND Madden has nothing to do with OP's logic behind this... he was simply mentioning that the idea came to him when madden brought to his attention that Cousins OC is Shannahan.
    Awww...finally clarity has been brought to the thread. These were tge exact points I was about to make...
    The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN NFL HISTORY to bench their healthy starting quarterback to open the playoffs! WE HAVEN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS SINCE!

    FLUTIE: Please forgive Ralphie and lift the curse!!!!!

    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Kiko Alonso

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arcade, NY
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blakesbills16 View Post
    Horrific argument. 1 game (he actually played in 1.5) means we know more about Cousins than any other QB prospect in the draft... it's the better gamble.

    Also, Tom Brady... he must have been a 6th round pick for a reason.

    AND Madden has nothing to do with OP's logic behind this... he was simply mentioning that the idea came to him when madden brought to his attention that Cousins OC is Shannahan.
    Well hell, Kurt Warner was undrafted and stocking shelves for a living. The Bills should just scout local grocery stores!

    Seriously? Your argument is because one guy got drafted in the 6th round and turned out to be a hall-of-famer that the Bills should just waste multiple draft picks trading for every scrub who has a single good game?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •