Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DRAFT ORDER: Chiefs, Jax, Oakland, Eagles, Detroit, Browns and at #7 Buffalo Bills.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Tbk View Post
    We currently hold the 6th pick, not the 7th. We could wind up with the 4th when we lose next week.
    I assume teams like the Lions, Eagles and the Browns would have to win next week for the Bills to draft 4th? Possibly, but a huge long shot.

I will be satisfied with losing next weekend and drafting 6th or 7th. I don't think it matters much where we draft in the first round.

But, I do care where we draft in the 2nd round. Especially if Buddy is using the 2nd pick to draft a QB.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    neither were hyped like T'eo.... also, you have to take a chance on "more likely than not" which is usually not the case when we pick
    Curry was "safest pick" by many many draft people. AJ Hawk is another bust LB he was like the 5th pick. No LB is worth a top 10 pick unless they can rush the passer, I'd add in stop Gronk since we play them twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbk View Post
    We currently hold the 6th pick, not the 7th. We could wind up with the 4th when we lose next week.
    \

That is the best news I have heard all day! We could get a lot better with the 4th pick.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    I assume teams like the Lions, Eagles and the Browns would have to win next week for the Bills to draft 4th? Possibly, but a huge long shot.

I will be satisfied with losing next weekend and drafting 6th or 7th. I don't think it matters much where we draft in the first round.

But, I do care where we draft in the 2nd round. Especially if Buddy is using the 2nd pick to draft a QB.
    If the Jets win next week and the lions and Eagles win then we move into 4th.

My preference would be to sign Alex Smith to a 1-2 year deal.. Take defense with #6 and trade into the first round or wherever to take the QB, probably Glennon.

This team can win now with the right QB and coach..a rookie QB would delay that at least a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bills View Post
    I'd love Alec in R2
    I don't know if we could get him in round two. I would definitely trade down if St Louis would pony up their 2 first rounders so they can get some O-Line help, and then take Ogletree and a QB like Tyler Wilson. That's my dream scenario.
    Jairus Byrd will be called the best safety in the NFL after the 2012 season.

Adopt-A-Bill 2013 - CJ Spiller!

Quote Originally Posted by Astb41 View Post
    My preference would be to sign Alex Smith to a 1-2 year deal.. Take defense with #6 and trade into the first round or wherever to take the QB, probably Glennon.

This team can win now with the right QB and coach..a rookie QB would delay that at least a full season.
    Russell Wilson disagree's with your post and Luck and probably RG3 next week.

i think Glennon and Wilson are going to rise and could possibly be selected high in this draft.

As of right now we pick 6th and can't do any worse than 6th if we lose next week...if Det wins at home against the Bears and the Eagles beat the Giants we go to 4th...we are picking better than the Browns because they have a harder SOS...the SOS won't change enough next week to make up the percentage points Cleveland needs...assuming KC loses then we are basically locked into pickin ahead of the Browns...I don't see Philly winning but I can see the Lions win and we move up to 5th...

I would go QB, Nix is hinting at a lot of things, but the one thing he has said is he wants a QB...keep in mind at this point 2 years ago and 3 years ago there weren't any QBs the draft gurus felt were worthy of top 5 consideration, then Bradford became #1 overall and the same with Cam...the bowl season and post season for these guys will bump QBs up and I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 QBs go in the top 5,6 picks
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rickyray View Post
    Russell Wilson disagree's with your post and Luck and probably RG3 next week.
    I meant a QB from this coming draft...obviously I would take any of those 3...I realize no player is guaranteed to live up to whatever the stereotype is for the position they're drafted but this year seems like a year where the QBs need some development.

That is not a horrible idea. Although I honestly can say I have rarely seen Alex Smith play so I can't say if he is better than say a Matt Moore, for example.

I do know that most of the veteran FA QBs each year are not very good. It is usually a Vince Young, Trent Edwards, etc.

I just know Thigpen has shown nothing, and T-Jax is not under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    I would go QB, Nix is hinting at a lot of things, but the one thing he has said is he wants a QB...keep in mind at this point 2 years ago and 3 years ago there weren't any QBs the draft gurus felt were worthy of top 5 consideration, then Bradford became #1 overall and the same with Cam...the bowl season and post season for these guys will bump QBs up and I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 QBs go in the top 5,6 picks
    You might be right that some QBs will end up getting drafted higher than we think right now. However they may turn out to be similar to Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert in terms of their success. Looking at their 2 years of production and I am glad we did not draft either one.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Take Te'o with our first pick and then trade every and anything it takes to get Glennon.

Dont doubt me because I wanted Russell Wilson 3 years ago when he was at NCSU, I know my NCSU QB's boys.

2013 Draft

I Have no clue but just want a QB

Follow me on twitter --------> @Whenry77

I went to Utah and watched Smith during an undefeated season and he was incredibly consistent. His pro career has been underwhelming but he's proven in the last couple years he is still consistent and accurate. With a solid offensive line, an upgrade at WR2 and spiller he can get this offense to the playoffs. He is much better then Matt Moore and he is still only 28.

I feel like taking a QB this year at #7 will put us closer to locker, ponder than luck or even tannehill (although I'm still not sold on him). Just cause we draft someone high doesn't mean they will be good. I'd rather lock in the possibility of the playoffs with someone like smith then throw in a rookie that isn't ready. Hell I'd rather trade for Matt Flynn
    Last edited by Astb41; 12-23-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    As of right now we pick 6th and can't do any worse than 6th if we lose next week...if Det wins at home against the Bears and the Eagles beat the Giants we go to 4th...we are picking better than the Browns because they have a harder SOS...the SOS won't change enough next week to make up the percentage points Cleveland needs...assuming KC loses then we are basically locked into pickin ahead of the Browns...I don't see Philly winning but I can see the Lions win and we move up to 5th...

I can defiantly could see 2-3 QBS going top 10. The Bills can not let the position go a year longer with out being addressed. Nix has been very upfront and honest with his plans. By draft day there will be a consensus TOP QB prospect. Go get him, and this team is a 9-10 win team. I understand they need to address LB and WR but the only position that will directly show up in the (w) category is QB.

I went to Utah and watched Smith during an undefeated season and he was incredibly consistent. His pro career has been underwhelming but he's proven in the last couple years he is still consistent and accurate. With a solid offensive line, an upgrade at WR2 and spiller he can get this offense to the playoffs. He is much better then Matt Moore and he is still only 28.

I feel like taking a QB this year at #7 will put us closer to locker, ponder than luck or even tannehill (although I'm still not sold on him). Just cause we draft someone high doesn't mean they will be good. I'd rather lock in the possibility of the playoffs with someone like smith then throw in a rookie that isn't ready. Hell I'd rather trade for Matt Flynn
    The bills NEED to go out and draft there own young franchise QB PERIOD. I could not disagree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    neither were hyped like T'eo....
    Has their ever been a LB as hyped as T'eo? And I'm not so sure that is a good thing. Lavar Arrington would probably be the next closest hyped LB. He had a pretty short career.

Quote Originally Posted by jnagy View Post
    The bills NEED to go out and draft there own young franchise QB PERIOD. I could not disagree with you more.
    I agree with you. However, again drafting a QB high doesn't make him a franchise QB. If you can take defense at #7 and trade back into round 1 to get Glennon don't you prefer that? With Smith being the insurance policy. If you go through camp and the rookie wins the job then fine he's the starter. But smith gives you the option to have a reliable veteran presence that can win as many or probably more then the rookie. This team has proven that they can't win with inconsistency at QB. A rookie that is learning the ropes may be too much for the rest of the team to handle. Carson Palmer sat his rookie year behind Jon Kitna and he was the #1 overall pick!! Without that shoulder injury in the playoffs against the steelers his career may be in a very different position then it is now. I want to win now. And while I'd hope a rookie QB could provide that we have to be smart and not set the team back 5 more years just so we can say we drafted a QB in the top 10.

Your telling me Blaine Gabbert is a "franchise" QB?? We are in the same position the Jags were 2 years ago and they are already looking for a new QB. I'm not saying don't daft one, just be smart about it. The whole team needs help! We can't miss this pick!

Still got Senior Bowl/Combine/Pro Days/Private Workouts but I'm hoping Glennon is still there when we pick(4th-6th). I could see him rising and maybe out of our range unfortunately.

He's like a mixture of Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco rolled in one.

I agree with you. However, again drafting a QB high doesn't make him a franchise QB. If you can take defense at #7 and trade back into round 1 to get Glennon don't you prefer that? With Smith being the insurance policy. If you go through camp and the rookie wins the job then fine he's the starter. But smith gives you the option to have a reliable veteran presence that can win as many or probably more then the rookie. This team has proven that they can't win with inconsistency at QB. A rookie that is learning the ropes may be too much for the rest of the team to handle. Carson Palmer sat his rookie year behind Jon Kitna and he was the #1 overall pick!! Without that shoulder injury in the playoffs against the steelers his career may be in a very different position then it is now. I want to win now. And while I'd hope a rookie QB could provide that we have to be smart and not set the team back 5 more years just so we can say we drafted a QB in the top 10.

Your telling me Blaine Gabbert is a "franchise" QB?? We are in the same position the Jags were 2 years ago and they are already looking for a new QB. I'm not saying don't daft one, just be smart about it. The whole team needs help! We can't miss this pick!
    I do like Gleenon. I would not mind us taking another position with the first pick,and trading back into the first if it worked out that way. But there is no guarantee we find a trade partner or "our guy" will still be on the board. This is the year that go get your QB. They can not afford to wait for him and hope he will be there. By the way I dont think Gabbert or Locker would have been picked by any other team until the late first If Jax/Tenn did not take them. But then again you never know what other teams are going to do... that's the point.