Thread: Who is to blame for 5-10

Default Who is to blame for 5-10

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

At mid season I felt the defense was most responsible for the 3-6 record at the time. Now the order has changed for me. 1. Coach gailey - has been a complete failure this year. I had thought of him as an average coach in need of more talent. I as wrong as he has really hurt the team this year costing us several wins. Gailey is lacking leadership, the ability to make quick adjustments, is too conservative amongst many other shortcomings. He had no real history of success before coming to the bills and we now know why. 2. Defense. I mistakenly thought this was a top 5 defense this year and was wrong. I believed the D would carry this team to 10 wins but they generally came up small when needed most. I blame this on vanilla coaching as well as lack of talent at lb and corner. Hopefully Bradham develops and Gilmore continues to progress. Wilson was also a big disappointment as I thought he and Byrd would make a nice combo. Instead it was a 1 man show at safety. Dave W. was not what I expected. Expectations were high and they did not come close to achieving them. 3. Fitz - I thought he could be a game manager like Alex Smith. They tried to make him a game manager but that also took away his gunslinger mentality and resulted in far too plays from our Qb. He is 3 on the list because I expected him to be avg. and he was only slightly below that. Fitz proved he could compete with the bottom 12 Qbs but not any of the elites or rising stars. The cupboard is empty at this position due to their refusal to draft a Qb over the years. They will get one this year (hopefully Glennon) and I would like to see another drafted (ie. wash.) would have been nice to see Dalton or Collin K. in a Bills uniform this year. Maybe the biggest miss was Wilson. I loved everything about this kid but his height. I could not get passed that and thought he would make an excellent backup in the 5,6 or 7th round. Like the bills I could not have been more wrong. He could have been a game h
    Changer here. I think changes are coming and then there will be Hope for 2013. The life of a Bills fan, hope for next season.

I'll take the easy way and most obvious. The coaching staff, QB play, Williams and Dareus in the middle of the d-line and LBer play all added up to where we are now.

Very disappointed in Kyle Williams and Dareus. Those guys need to bounce back next season.

For a team to under perform the way this team did, there is blame from top to bottom. It is more than Gailey and Fitz but they shoulder most of it.

I can't argue with you on Dareus and Williams there were too many big runs up the middle this year. We have seen them have success, hopefully they bounce back with better coaching next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mkarr View Post
    For a team to under perform the way this team did, there is blame from top to bottom. It is more than Gailey and Fitz but they shoulder most of it.
    No question there is enough blame to go around this organization. Just naming what I felt we're the biggest reasons for this failed season.

Question: Who is to blame?

Answer: 1. Ralph Wilson 2. Buddy Nix 3. Chan Gailey
    Bills 2013-14 prediction: 5-11
    See Link:
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?467691-THE-ROCKPILE-REVIEW-2013-Kickoff/page2

Bills 2012-13 prediction: 7-9 -- Okay I was wrong
    Bills 2011-12 prediction: 5-11 -- Stupid Tim Tebow
    Bills 2010 prediction record -- 4-12
    Bills 2009 prediction record -- 6-10
    Bills 2008 prediction record - 7-9

with an average coach and qb we win titans, 2nd patriots game, colts and rams.

with an above average coach and qb we also win texans and 2nd dolphins game.

yes, the DL has been a disappointment..and have contributed to losses..but if we had just an average coach and QB we would be in the playoffs.

stir the pot

I point to the most important position since a HC will either be successful or fail with a good or bad one. Fitz was a 7th rounder cut by two other teams and our HC thought we could win with him after he failed year after year. IMO it was Chan biggest blunder and was the key to his fail. Sure he had other blunders but the QB position has to be the leader and if your leader is lacking the talent or desire to be great it pulls the rest of the team down. DJ failed with a lifeless Trent and now Chan failed with a below average cut by several teams backup as his leader/starter. Chan screwed up right out of the gate By pissing fans off with his Trent choice and yelling at fans for booing then picked Fitz out of spite IMO

RCW
    Nix & Bills Scouts
    Gailey
    Fitzpatrick
    LBs
    Kyle & Marcell Who?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    I'll take the easy way and most obvious. The coaching staff, QB play, Williams and Dareus in the middle of the d-line and LBer play all added up to where we are now.

Very disappointed in Kyle Williams and Dareus. Those guys need to bounce back next season.

My thoughts exactly.
    Can you dig it?

SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by mkarr View Post
    Ok the guys that hired Buddy Nix deserve the most blame. Then Nix for hiring Gailey. Nix when you trade up the draft to get Graham in the 3rd round when you have no q.b. that can get him the ball is just dumb. When your supposed to be looking for a q.b. and he takes a w/r means you have no clue what so ever. Nix has no business being a g.m. The guy gets his 1st g.m job at what 68 or 69 ? Only in Buffalo. And the talent level from what i have been seeing is not getting any better. How is it better from 3,4, or 5 years ago when their record is worse.

I dont disagree with you on Gailey and Fitz but every week is a new set of crap. I would add though that yesterday I also saw the disappearance of Mario Williams against a backup O lineman. Stevie under performing and dropping that TD, George Wilson whiffing on a stop in the backfield on 3rd and 2 on Reggie Bush that I believe they eventually scored on, turnovers, a second straight dreadful 3rd quarter, and so on.