Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Great BBMB Divide

Default The Great BBMB Divide

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Two Years ago, it was Gabbert/Newton v. Miller/Dareus

Last year, it was Luke K./ Gilmore/DeCastro v. Michael Floyd

this year, I believe all H#LL will break lose.... depending on our draft position, it will be Te'O v. QB (Glennon/Barkley)... gonna be some heated battles lol

DING DING DING
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Man you known what is crazy Buddy said they almost took Gabbert.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonHart View Post
    Man you known what is crazy Buddy said they almost took Gabbert.
    Ever look at that guy's resume (Gabbert's).... he has never won anything and never been the best QB (on the field, in the division, in his Highschool town, in college)... he got through because of his size

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

This draft has no Luck, pun not intended. But there are Lockers, Ponders, and Gabberts.....OH MY!
    At the end of the day, the Pawn and the King go in the same box

1) Ebron

2) Seantrel Henderson RT

3-7) other guys who are good and help the team win

Quote Originally Posted by grovelandbillsfan View Post
    This draft has no Luck, pun not intended. But there are Lockers, Ponders, and Gabberts.....OH MY!
    in that case, i don't want a QB in the 1st

just because he is drafted in the 1st, doesn't make him 1st round talent... i.e. Gabbert

We had no shot at the 1st overall pick anyway. KC will take a qb, so will Jax. I think there are a few guys that can work out. Has to be the right guy in the right situation and right OC, see Tannehill, Russel Wilson
    At the end of the day, the Pawn and the King go in the same box

1) Ebron

2) Seantrel Henderson RT

3-7) other guys who are good and help the team win

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post

this year, I believe all H#LL will break lose.... depending on our draft position, it will be Te'O v. QB (Glennon/Barkley)... gonna be some heated battles lol

DING DING DING
    .....considering what a mess our LB/QB situation is it will come down to Te'o, Barkley or Glennon.....and frankly I wouldn't be upset with any of those 3.......
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Te'O natural born leader, something we are sorely missing on defense.. who also happens to play a position we are in sore need of as well.

if he is unavailable, than no other position than QB.

I don't care what other talent is available in the first two rounds, Nix & OBD has forced our hand by not even taking a chance on a late round Qb the last two years. They can't afford another year of the Gailey Bunch. (FitzThigJack)
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonavenger View Post
    Te'O natural born leader, something we are sorely missing on defense.. who also happens to play a position we are in sore need of as well.

I would be devastated if we pass on T'eo

manti vs murray if he declares. Hopefully that will be our first 2 picks in this years draft

I honestly don't understand the infatuation with Te'o. He will be a solid NFL linebacker and that is all. You need to be an athlete to be elite, and frankly, he isn't an athlete. His instincts also aren't on par with the instincts of Kuechly coming out last year, the only difference between, say, Arthur Brown and Te'o is intangibles. That first pick must be used to trade down to draft a QB, or just straight up on a quarterback.
    Jairus Byrd will be called the best safety in the NFL after the 2012 season.

Adopt-A-Bill 2013 - CJ Spiller!

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post

DING DING DING
    I have watched Glennon play, but I don't know if I see the 6th pick in the draft.

I like what Buddy hinted at....get BPA with the 1st pick and then with the 2nd pick get your QB.

Although, I would totally support a TRADE BACK later in the 1st round, get more picks, and then take Glennon or other?

But to your point, it will be interesting this year. To add fuel to the fire, Bills scouts have been to 3 Utah football games this fall. The only draftable player there is DT
    Star Lotulelei. That will blow people's mind if Buddy drafts him.

If the Bills can trade down and get Glennon while picking up and extra 2nd at the very least, I hope they do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    If the Bills can trade down and get Glennon while picking up and extra 2nd at the very least, I hope they do just that.
    I don't. Just take your QB. Don't trade down and try to be fancy.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

Remember everything Cleveland got for their top 10 pick ATL used to draft Julio Jones??? Atl > Cle How bout Was. trade last year with StL??? Was > StL. Point is, when the talent is there you make the move. This regime has failed to make such a move and thus have failed us!!! So here we are, finally with an opportunity to draft a QB high in the first round and it's the worst year for college qbs in a long while. So I say draft the best lb available and save mediocrity for the later rounds. Theres one thing that can't happen and that's miss on a first round QB!!! Again.

We could probably get Te'o AND Glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonavenger View Post

I don't care what other talent is available in the first two rounds, Nix & OBD has forced our hand by not even taking a chance on a late round Qb the last two years. They can't afford another year of the Gailey Bunch. (FitzThigJack)
    Copy that. We have not had a real leader on this team that anyone feared since Chris Speilman, and coincidentally it is a position of great need. How could we ever pass on T'eo if he was there when we selected? It would be like Orakpo, Ngata, Mangold, Gronkowski and Matthews all over again. Watching a player we should have, going to the pro bowl over and over.

The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Glennon???? I'll admit I only caught 3 or 4 games of his this year but he just screams "average". Especially the games against Tennessee and Florida State. He was awful really. I don't have much of a problem drafting him in maybe the 3rd or 4th rd. but I would jump off a bridge before taking him in either the first 2 rds.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    I have watched Glennon play, but I don't know if I see the 6th pick in the draft.

I like what Buddy hinted at....get BPA with the 1st pick and then with the 2nd pick get your QB.

Although, I would totally support a TRADE BACK later in the 1st round, get more picks, and then take Glennon or other?

But to your point, it will be interesting this year. To add fuel to the fire, Bills scouts have been to 3 Utah football games this fall. The only draftable player there is DT
    Star Lotulelei.
    That will blow people's mind if Buddy drafts him.

if he is a game changer, then I am all in... I am still looking for a game changer on our defense

Quote Originally Posted by VolsBillsMagic View Post
    Why is everyone so obsessed with Glennon???? I'll admit I only caught 3 or 4 games of his this year but he just screams "average". Especially the games against Tennessee and Florida State. He was awful really. I don't have much of a problem drafting him in maybe the 3rd or 4th rd. but I would jump off a bridge before taking him in either the first 2 rds.
    I get to see him up close and frequently, and I can understand the concern for those on the outside. Trust me, he is not a spread offense, system QB, like Gabbert or the many in that mold that had big stats in college. He might not be ready to start in the NFL today, but he has NFL tools, size, arm, poise and smarts. The right coaches could make him special. I watched Nick Foles extensively before he was drafted, and Glennon is light years ahead. Will we ever have the coaches to properly develop a blue chip prospect? I'm not holding my breath.

The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.