Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were Chip Kelly...

Default If you were Chip Kelly...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Who would you decide to keep on this team and why? I can think of a list of players known and unknown that need to go, but my list and Coach Kelly's would undoubtedly be different based on knowledge of skillset and scheme. Players I would happily jettison if I were Coach Kelly:

Fitz
    thigpen
    Wilson
    Mcgee
    Kelsey
    Barnett
    Sheppard - on the fringe with him, he's young and probably could play wlb
    Jones
    Smith
    Nelson
    Martin
    Pears
    Freddy Jackson
    Choice

That's 2 qb's = lot $$
    1 safety = move made to allow Aaron Williams a 2bd chance as a safety
    1 aging and oft-injured corner who once was great, but has long since faded
    2 lber's = Barnett just isn't what he should be, I attribute it to getting up there in years / Sheppard, he's young, but definitely not going to be a superstar
    1 de = Kelsey always played hard, just was never the stud he was drafted to be, kind of like Poz imo...
    4 wr's = all gone including Nelson, although Kelly could use him in his schemes, but the rest except for Smith, he gets a bad rap, he could be a decent wr, if given a real chance at it IMO, but as gadget man, he's a cap casualty
    1 rt = who just missed his chance, and maybe Kelly will add another rookie RT, the draft is full of quality stud lineman
    2 rb's Freddy J could stay if he accepts a diminshed role, as in 3rd down back, change of pace or breather back...Choice just has to go cause he has to

That's 12 people that go along with their saleries....

Who do you bring FA and draft?

I draft Glenon or Barkley, sign Alex Smith and let Smith, Draft pick and T Jackson go at it for right to start.
    I sign a db in FA middle of the road pick,
    If I can't get my qb in glenon or barkley, I'd grab Teo, and snag Nassib somehow.
    De's draft for depth in the later rounds.
    Sign Bowe to run opposite Johson or draft a stud in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Sign a FA RT and draft one in the 4th.
    Sign a FA rb, if Freddy doesn't stay with a dimished role...

What say you?
    Do your dam^edest in an ostentatious manner all the time" -George S. Patton

Adopt a Bill 2013: Manny Lawson LB

It aint a party till someone slaps Brady around time after time and finally leaves Bellicheck with the " I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face" for the rest of his tenure as head patsie...

Pretty sure neither Glennon or Barkley can run Kelly's offense.

If you want Chip Kelly, you better get Geno Smith because at least he can move around.

Draft:

1. Geno Smith, QB, WVU
    2. Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU
    3. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon

-------------------------- Bryd-------------------------------------------------- Searcy
    --------------------------------- Barnett -------- Minter -------- Bradham
    Gilmore ---------------- Moore -------- Dareus -------- Williams --- Williams ---------------- Brooks
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Graham -------------------- Glenn - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Pears -------------------------- Jones
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Johnson
    ----------------------------------------- Spiller - Smith - Barner
    Last edited by jrober38; 12-24-2012 at 05:28 PM.

I dont know why fans want Chip Kelly so much.
    With his passion for the game and never-ending loyalty to the great fans of Buffalo, he embodied what all owners in sports strive to be.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

This is just my view, but I would love to come to a place like buffalo, a small city (compare to the other NFL teams) who has never won a Super Bowl but have very devoted fans. If I win the Super Bowl, I would be a god in the eyes of many western new yorkers

I agree with all those guys getting cut, but I think jones, Nelson, and Jackson should stay, and give Shep one more year at WLB

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Cause he's trendy, young and possibly wants a shot at the next level. After what we've had for so long, why not Chip Kelly?

It aint a party till someone slaps Brady around time after time and finally leaves Bellicheck with the " I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face" for the rest of his tenure as head patsie...

Quote Originally Posted by Down and Out View Post
    Cause he's trendy, young and possibly wants a shot at the next level. After what we've had for so long, why not Chip Kelly?
    Why not? Gimmick coach with no pro style experience. He is basically Rich Rodriguez before the Michigan debacle.
    With his passion for the game and never-ending loyalty to the great fans of Buffalo, he embodied what all owners in sports strive to be.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

- Innovative
    - Incredible track record
    - Great preparation/runs great practices
    - Is extremely progressive as a coach; understands the percentages and uses them to his advantage

Why not? Gimmick coach with no pro style experience. He is basically Rich Rodriguez before the Michigan debacle.
    Given Kelly's track record of being prepared, I wouldn't shy away from him at all, I am pretty sure he'll pick up the next level really quickly and adjust appropriately. Now does that mean he'll be a world beater and lead us to the big one, no, but he's hardly any worse that what we've been dragging around playground for 15 years. You think Gailey is better than the unknown in Kelly who by the way wants to play with the big boys?

Just makes no sense. Give 5-7 million a year to a guy that runs a glorified high school offense.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

Just makes no sense. Give 5-7 million a year to a guy that runs a glorified high school offense.
    Spread offense is becoming more and more common in the NFL.

Kelly is at the forefront of spread offense strategy and his team runs it to perfection.

The guy is extremely progressive in his approach and analyzes the numbers every way you can when making in game coaching decisions.

He uses the numbers and extensive data to his benefit and crafts his schemes and makes decisions based off those numbers.

I don't get why people think that kelly would run the same scheme with the bills as he would at oregon. Its a definite possibility that he would do something more suitable to attack nfl defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Spread offense is becoming more and more common in the NFL.

Kelly is at the forefront of spread offense strategy and his team runs it to perfection.

The guy is extremely progressive in his approach and analyzes the numbers every way you can when making in game coaching decisions.

He uses the numbers and extensive data to his benefit and crafts his schemes and makes decisions based off those numbers.
    He doesnt run a spread. He runs a fast break zone read offense. His whole thing is run as many plays as possible. His offense is built for a running QB.

--Terry and Kim Pegula

He doesnt run a spread. He runs a fast break zone read offense. His whole thing is run as many plays as possible. His offense is built for a running QB.
    His QB runs 9 times a game.

No reason you can't scale that back and have him run 5 times a game just to keep defenses honest.

CJ Spiller would rush for 2,000 yards in Kelly's offense because he'd be the focal point the same way LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner have been...

BUffalo Bills don't want youth. THey want a HC with experience who led a team 40 years ago to 2 playoff appearences.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    His QB runs 9 times a game.

No reason you can't scale that back and have him run 5 times a game just to keep defenses honest.

CJ Spiller would rush for 2,000 yards in Kelly's offense because he'd be the focal point the same way LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner have been...
    exactly....CJ is the perfect back for that style of offense

ישוע המשיח הוא אלוהים
    Sebastian River Sharks Football 2014. Go Sharks!

The Buffalo Bills have never hired a coach that didnt already have prior NFL coaching experience. I would love for this buttoned down, Droopy Dog franchise to pull out its balls and take a risk on a young up and comer. That sets the tone for how the rest of the franchise responds.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

If I were Chip Kelly I wouldn't take this team's phone calls
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    The Buffalo Bills have never hired a coach that didnt already have prior NFL coaching experience. I would love for this buttoned down, Droopy Dog franchise to pull out its balls and take a risk on a young up and comer. That sets the tone for how the rest of the franchise responds.
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    Ha! where did you get such a candid photo of Buddy Nix showing his support of Chan Gailey?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.