Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your thoughts on Cordy Glenn

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by pocari-sweat View Post
    I like Glenn, but you cant overlook that we passed on Wilson..........who seems to be a QB to change a franchise.
    Get your rounds mixed up there, fella?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

<Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    Which would mean Graham was a bad pick, not Glenn..

same difference..........
    Can you dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by Otishawk View Post
    I don't believe he hit a wall.

He was injured and most likely is no where near 100%.
    I think there's more truth in that than not, tbh.
    The intensity of the NFL isn't something you can just drop and pick up again, at the drop of a hat. Getting injured, lost momentum for him, and rather than a rookie 'wall', I think he just hasn't re-adjusted quickly enough. The experience of having to do so will also help, and it would seem that after the Seahawks game, where he had his worst game for us, he started to pick things up again against Miami. He will probably be 'back to normal' by Sunday.

Put simply, he's done a terrific job for us, and still has great potential going forward. An absolute steal in the 2nd round, and Nix did a great job in selecting him there. Nix actually likened him to Marcus McNeil, both in terms of ability, and the same sort of situation in respect of drafting him. Nix has been confident all along in Glenn's ability as a Tackle.
    People should understand that the name on the front of the uniform is more important than the one on the back.

Why bother drafting worse players than you already have on your roster?

The Ignore List is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    Get your rounds mixed up there, fella?

Maybe.........maybe not.

Everything about this team is just a blur these days.
    Can you dig it?

Maybe.........maybe not.

Everything about this team is just a blur these days.
    So you've been drinking?
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

<Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>

I think he needs to work on his pass protection against speedy edge rushers but he holds up better to the bull rush and he is a road grader in the run game. Taking over as the LT in his rookie season I would say he did better than I thought he would. I didnt think he was coordinated enough to play LT in the NFL and I thought he would play at RT or RG. It's Hairston that I am now wondering about because his play was not even close to how he did in the 2011-2012 season. I still get a little nervous that Wood gets a leg injury and looses another season. I was glad to see him back last Sunday and it definitely showed with better protection against Miami but man, he does make me nervous.

same difference..........
    That Canadian logic sure is something. That's what makes Canada a superpower (sarcasm).

Glenn good LT

I've used this thread to mock the Canuck but I've not addressed the issue.

He's a Bill and, by association, he must suck balls.

Pre-injury he played absolutely fantastic, way better than anyone could have expected.

Post injury he played like a solid rookie, not as well as before but more than good enough to be a left tackle.

I'm excited to see what his future holds.
    Buffalo Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    On the final point, so what. If brains, were so important, why does the Ivy League produce so few NFL quarterbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornette'sCommentary View Post
    Brilliant. Just ******* brilliant. Spend a 2nd on a tackle last year to draft ANOTHER one in the top 5. What happens if the Eagles pick before us, oh great one? If you want Mike "Statue" Glennon, you'll also need a Pro Bowl center, and a Pro Bowl guard.
    Many teams have 1st round LT's and 1st round QB's. Im sorry for wanting them.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Many teams have 1st round LT's and 1st round QB's. Im sorry for wanting them.
    I want a good LT, we have one. I want a good QB, we'll get one. The round isn't important.

He's been one of our best players. Still going to wait to see how he performs in Year 2 before I call him a Pro Bowl player.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeriousAllTheTimeTotallyNotAHypocrite View Post
    I want a good LT, we have one. I want a good QB, we'll get one. The round isn't important.

Cordy Glenn has a lot of talent, but Joeckel would be very hard to pass up in this draft. We need a RT as well, so you draft Joeckel, and your OT's are set. Right now our offense may hide our OT's a little, Proof is that Bell went from one of the top graded LT's in the NFL to not even active for games in Philly.

I dont know if Glenn is one of those shut down LT's in pass pro, I know we need a starting RT, I like Hairston as our 3rd OT, can sub in at LT or RT. IMO for Glenn to reach his full potential at LT he would have to drop 20lbs.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

Cordy Glenn has a lot of talent, but Joeckel would be very hard to pass up in this draft. We need a RT as well, so you draft Joeckel, and your OT's are set. Right now our offense may hide our OT's a little, Proof is that Bell went from one of the top graded LT's in the NFL to not even active for games in Philly.

I dont know if Glenn is one of those shut down LT's in pass pro, I know we need a starting RT, I like Hairston as our 3rd OT, can sub in at LT or RT. IMO for Glenn to reach his full potential at LT he would have to drop 20lbs.
    Again, what happens if the Eagles pick before the Bills do? You think they'll pass on Joeckel? Not a ******* chance. What then?

Bell was one of the top graded LTs in the NFL? No one who watched him play thought that.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornette'sCommentary View Post
    Again, what happens if the Eagles pick before the Bills do? You think they'll pass on Joeckel? Not a ******* chance. What then?
    Pick someone else I would guess.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

He was a 2nd round draft pick, that started at Left Tackle in the NFL.

That is a huge success. Did he have some struggles, sure. But all rookie OTs do. Even Top 5 draft picks.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Your viewpoint has some merit. If the BPA is the best OT in the draft, you have to at least consider it.

But ultimately I think you will see either a defensive end or DT on the board at the same time. I see Buddy going with one of them over the OT. Buddy likes what he has in Cordy Glenn, Chris Hairston, and Erik Pears. With Zebrie and Sam Young as depth.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Your viewpoint has some merit. If the BPA is the best OT in the draft, you have to at least consider it.

But ultimately I think you will see either a defensive end or DT on the board at the same time. I see Buddy going with one of them over the OT. Buddy likes what he has in Cordy Glenn, Chris Hairston, and Erik Pears. With Zebrie and Sam Young as depth.
    They spend over 100 million on Mario and Mark Anderson, so let's take ANOTHER DEFENSIVE END!! BRILLIANT!! Hey, if Star Lotulelei is on the board, why not take him and trade either Kyle Williams or Dareus?!!?!??! Knowing this low-class fanbase, they'd jump at that idea.