Thread: Here's an interesting HC possibility

Default Here's an interesting HC possibility

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Lovie Smith. There are rumors that he won't survive if the Bears don't win next week and make the playoffs. This is a guy that I think would have interest in our team because of talent on defense. Would you want him? I'd be more than fine with it.

If we are changes coaches this year, I hope OBD swings for the fences. The last thing I want to do in 3 years is to have another conversation about who we are going to hire next? Lovie is a very underwhelming candidate. With the talent on that team they should be Super Bowl contenders.

If Polian were brought back I bet Lovie would be high on his list if let go.
    Mock Draft:
    1st- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    2nd- Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3rd- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
    4th- Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    5th- Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    7th- Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio

I would love Lovie. I would really love him as a coordinator. Seems to me that Manti would be the 1st pick for us. I think he could flourish in an Urlacher type Mike position.

Also, I think Aaron Williams would benefit from Lovie.

I like lovie as well....As long as he leaves mike tice there.

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

The Bears never fire people when they have a year left on their contract. He's a really good coach but the guy I like is on his staff and his name is Dave Toub. He's the highly touted ST's coach who almost got the job in Miami last year. The Bears players absolutely love the guy and he's highly respected around the league.

John Harbaugh's turn from ST's coach to HC in 2007 has opened up the doors for ST's assistants. He'd have to hire good assistants to make the transition but this guy is a leader of men.

Other guys I like are Greg Roman, Jay Gruden, Winston Moss and Darrell Bevell.

Lovie would be higher on my list than Reid, but I really don't understand how Chicago thinks they can do much better in the current market; unless they were in potential rebuild mode. Despite their few shortcomings, especially on the offensive line, that team is always competitive and always a tough out especially on defense.

If Lovie is the guy, expect Te'O over any of the QB's on the shortlist.

This is one of the few retreads I would love if it happened, but I just don't see it happening.

Bring in someone that has something to prove, not someone else that has failed elsewhere; which is the story of the majority of retreads including the current spot holder.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Bruce DeHaven anyone?

Is Urlacher and Briggs coming too?

No?

Then I'll pass.