Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade up in 2013 Draft

Default Trade up in 2013 Draft

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

If we want to draft Glennon, who I very strongly believe is the best QB in this years draft (maybe behind Geno), we will need to trade up to the #2-4 spot.

He's a no doubter for #2 QB in this years draft. If we want him we are going to have to jump 2+ teams that are also looking for a QB. We will likely get stuck with picking a guy like Aaron Murray, Nassib, or Dysert who is a Blaine Gabbert like bust. This could be very bad news for us....we all need to hope Glennon doesn't start jumping up draft charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Berk View Post
    If we want to draft Glennon, who I very strongly believe is the best QB in this years draft (maybe behind Geno), we will need to trade up to the #2-4 spot.

He's a no doubter for #2 QB in this years draft. If we want him we are going to have to jump 2+ teams that are also looking for a QB. We will likely get stuck with picking a guy like Aaron Murray, Nassib, or Dysert who is a Blaine Gabbert like bust. This could be very bad news for us....we all need to hope Glennon doesn't start jumping up draft charts.
    I am going to assume you mean moving up in Round 2 because THAT is where many boards have your man Glennon being taken this year!

Quote Originally Posted by ca-deek View Post
    I am going to assume you mean moving up in Round 2 because THAT is where many boards have your man Glennon being taken this year!
    Nope. Round 1 bud. http://bit.ly/YNDU57

He will be either a late first or early 2nd, so if we truly want him we might have to have to trade back into the first to get him.
    Adopt a Bill Tony Moeaki

Glennon late first round man

To even speculate on trading up before bowl games and before the combine is premature and jumping the gun

I agree with the OP that Glennon will start to climb the boards as the draft nears. Think of Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker. I think Glennon will be more successful in the NFL than either of them. I've had the chance to talk with him a bit when his brother still played for us and the kid was very knowledgeable and passionate about the game. I wanted him in Blacksburg but could not convince others to look past his brother's rocky career here. Would be very pleased to see him in Buffalo next year.

He may be a late first now, but may be an early first by the draft ie. tannehil. Happens every year.

Wow. Move up to the #2 spot in the 1st round! I would prefer to move down in the 1st round and then take ____________ <--- your favorite QB.

Quote Originally Posted by VTBills99 View Post
    I agree with the OP that Glennon will start to climb the boards as the draft nears. Think of Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker. I think Glennon will be more successful in the NFL than either of them. I've had the chance to talk with him a bit when his brother still played for us and the kid was very knowledgeable and passionate about the game. I wanted him in Blacksburg but could not convince others to look past his brother's rocky career here. Would be very pleased to see him in Buffalo next year.
    I agree that no one thought Jack Locker, Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert would go as high as they did.

I have no clue if Mike Glennon will go 8th overall, 23rd overall or with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round. But expect him, and a couple of ours to go higher then their "grade".

Any Quarterback taken in the top 10 will be a huge reach. The Bills will have their pick of quarterbacks if they decide to take one in the 1st.

If the Chiefs fall in love with him which might happen there's nothing we can do about it but I agree it's too early in the process to be talking about trading up or down.

I just watched on youtube Todd Mcshay's early top 10 mock draft and at the 2:56 mark they mention Mike Glennon as possibly the top QB in this draft and that's coming from Mel Kiper Jr.http://youtu.be/VuqKYoaVZ5E I'm also looking at these scouting reports (just google them) and at least 3 have said if he has a solid Senior Bowl he could easily go #1 overall to the Chiefs. Man the luck never changes if that happens LOL I know there are other QB's out there but he to me seems like the guy, some will argue he isn;t this or that but when there is a buzz around a player it's usually because more and more people are looking at film and seeing more and more that he has it all.
    Last edited by Billsnation2010; 12-26-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    Any Quarterback taken in the top 10 will be a huge reach. The Bills will have their pick of quarterbacks if they decide to take one in the 1st.
    No QB that they believe to be a franchise QB can be considered a reach, why because there is no Andrew Luck or RG3? Does that mean every single QB will suck because he didn't bput up Andrew Luck type of stats? I never understand that, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were considered to be weak QB draft classes.

I remember the time when the 1995 draft came around and the Philadelphia Eagles moved up in the the draft just to get Mike Mammula and Warren Sapp was still available; the biggest mistake they ever made!

It seems as if we constantly make those mistakes. Not by moving up in the draft but with all the players we seem to either pick with them or trade those picks away to get other players already in the NFL.

Case in point, take Rob Johnson for instance, Jacksonville selected Fred Taylor with our pick and we took Antowain Smith and then the Patriots pick him up and he wins a Super Bowl with them instead!

So NO! DO NOT move up in the draft just to take a Ryan Leaf, a Heath Shuler, or whoever. I'll even throw in Jamarcus Russell's name into the mix!

There are other QB's that are sitting on their couch waiting for teams to call them back into the leaque--I'll give them a shot first.
    The best man to ever lead this franchise, especially when adversity was not common in the league at the time. Ralph, firing this guy was the biggest mistake of your life and you will go down in history with too many fans knowing that! Kudos Mr. Bill Polian, at least you won your championship; I'm happy for you!

Nope. Round 1 bud. http://bit.ly/YNDU57

Find someone who anyone here has heard of who says that right now.

As of today, we might have to use our 1st to get Glennon, but trade up? Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    I just watched on youtube Todd Mcshay's early top 10 mock draft and at the 2:56 mark they mention Mike Glennon as possibly the top QB in this draft and that's coming from Mel Kiper Jr.http://youtu.be/VuqKYoaVZ5E I'm also looking at these scouting reports (just google them) and at least 3 have said if he has a solid Senior Bowl he could easily go #1 overall to the Chiefs. Man the luck never changes if that happens LOL I know there are other QB's out there but he to me seems like the guy, some will argue he isn;t this or that but when there is a buzz around a player it's usually because more and more people are looking at film and seeing more and more that he has it all.

You're right, if things fall perfectly for him and he has a Matt Ryan-like rise, he could go very early. That hasn't happened yet. And it doesn't happen often.

But if he's considered a late first or early second round guy, since QBs these days go early, he's go a good chance to go in the top 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    You're right, if things fall perfectly for him and he has a Matt Ryan-like rise, he could go very early. That hasn't happened yet. And it doesn't happen often.

But if he's considered a late first or early second round guy, since QBs these days go early, he's go a good chance to go in the top 15.
    Seems like out happens to 1 QB just about every year. Tannehill, Locker, Gabbert and Rivers are a few off the top of my head to go along with Ryan.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

People on here who think Glennon is going to fall to the 2nd are crazy. Guys that should be 3rd rounders like Dysert are probably going to end up in Top 15. With that said, Glennon is the #1 or #2 QB and a number of teams ahead of us are going to go after QB's. IMO, we will have to move up if we beat the Jets on Sunday.

A no doubter for #2 QB?

Based on.......?
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.